Page 5 of 6 ... 3456
    Guru
    01-21-2009, 01:49 PM #41
    i dunno looking at it closer they have a really really bad earning's record, you think thats gonna change? they lost money in 2007 before any of this shit even went down. actually id stay away. maybe if the volume got heavy.

Addict
    01-21-2009, 02:26 PM #42
    I think you may be right... Thanks

Guru
    01-21-2009, 03:48 PM #43
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    i dunno looking at it closer they have a really really bad earning's record, you think thats gonna change? they lost money in 2007 before any of this shit even went down. actually id stay away. maybe if the volume got heavy.
    LOL, I own a bunch of it! Once it crosses the daily average it will be hot. It is a long stock.

Surprisingly, it is holding up pretty well, no guts....no glory! See, you all ready would have been making money! lol

I just looked back on what their past stock prices were and the downtrend and a week or two ago it was taking off and then the financials went further down the crapper so it fell. It will come around. I know some pretty darn good investors that really have their eye on it, but that is no reason to buy it if you are not sure. I have real confidence in it as a long.

BAC is a good long, you were smart with that one.
    Last edited by billhart22; 01-21-2009 at 03:57 PM.

Guru
    01-21-2009, 04:05 PM #44
    there not going to allow a company named "bank of AMERICA" to fail, best name for a bank you could ever want. as for abk look at their fundamentals, and look at their income for 2007, that scares me. has 2008 been a turn around? i dunno maybe you can shed some light into that.

Guru
    01-21-2009, 04:13 PM #45
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    there not going to allow a company named "bank of AMERICA" to fail, best name for a bank you could ever want. as for abk look at their fundamentals, and look at their income for 2007, that scares me. has 2008 been a turn around? i dunno maybe you can shed some light into that.
    I am cracking up (laughing).....you have a really good point, who would let a bank with a name like that fail. That would just be plain "Un-American". I know that they are asking for another 1.5 Billion, but that isn't much these days. It was only a lot 3+ months ago.

I will get back to you about ABK very soon.

Guru
    01-21-2009, 05:00 PM #46

10 day and 50 day moving average

Ok, here is the gig. I was not worried about the financials with ABK, what I was concerned with is it passing its 10 and 50 day moving averages, which it has now done at 1.06. They are both below 1.06 today. When it hits 1.09 it will be over the 200 day MA. This will be when it makes money.

I will then ride it up a ways and then sell it for a great profit. The reason I say "long" is because I don't know how long it will take, but it possibly could be soon. The averages will be chasing the stock, instead of the stock chasing the averages. That is the reasoning for buying this stock.

So, I am watching it closely now. Did I explain that clearly...if not I will try harder, sometimes I don't make a bunch of sense.

Guru
    01-21-2009, 05:03 PM #47

It just hit 1.09

It just hit 1.09 It is likely to bobble around up and down, but it will make it here eventually.
    Last edited by billhart22; 01-21-2009 at 05:06 PM.

Mentor
    01-21-2009, 11:50 PM #48
    Missed my bid for BAC, and of course it popped over 30% today. Figures. =/

Mentor
    01-22-2009, 12:02 AM #49
    ok, to you technical junkies:

Was looking at a chart for BAC. When I look at a 1 year, 3 year, or 1 month chart, I show that the shareprice is not even close to the moving averages. I switch to the 5 day chart, and the share price blows past all of the moving averages. (I am looking at 20, 50, and 100 day MA)

In addition to these questions, it looks like there is a pretty significant gap that needs to be filled up to 1.19... a gap that was created, funny enough, right after the stock price topped all of the moving averages the other day. Will the gap fill tomorrow?

Also, earnings announcment was just scheduled today. Will that have a negative affect on the stock? Earnings should be shitty...

Guru
    01-22-2009, 12:48 AM #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    ok, to you technical junkies:

Was looking at a chart for BAC. When I look at a 1 year, 3 year, or 1 month chart, I show that the shareprice is not even close to the moving averages. I switch to the 5 day chart, and the share price blows past all of the moving averages. (I am looking at 20, 50, and 100 day MA)

In addition to these questions, it looks like there is a pretty significant gap that needs to be filled up to 1.19... a gap that was created, funny enough, right after the stock price topped all of the moving averages the other day. Will the gap fill tomorrow?

Also, earnings announcment was just scheduled today. Will that have a negative affect on the stock? Earnings should be shitty...
    I was really pulling for you today to get that limit order. The same damn thing happens to me. I put in an order and it goes up. Either way I get screwed it seems, but I really wanted to see you land that one.

I believe that earnings right now are not the significant thing. Nobody is getting earnings anywhere that amount to a hill of beans. Getting the stock prices up, especially with financials is of major importance. The earnings will eventually follow. If financials don't go up, the market won't go up.

I am going to write a little dissertation tonight on what I believe should happen tomorrow and the next weeks. I have to put it together.

Now that we have recovered back to where we were last Friday, give or take a little, if we move up then my prediction that I initially wrote at the beginning of this thread is in full force again.

Keep an open eye if you want, I am going to work on my dissertation now. It will be short, but I believe pretty darn accurate.

BTW, great to have you back again with SIRI. You have a lot of great business-side insight and I appreciate what you offer very much. As a matter of fact, I am really impressed by what you say about all the internal factors of SIRI. You have a really good business mind.
    Last edited by billhart22; 01-22-2009 at 12:52 AM.

Page 5 of 6 ... 3456