Page 4 of 6 ... 23456
    01-21-2009, 12:45 AM #31
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Yep, read what I wrote to Dread in the previous message before this. I have done the same thing and went "What the Hell". At least you are man enough to admit it. I will give you that. Who knows? Maybe it will work out.

Maybe we should do a thread on the most stupid stock purchases we have made and see what people come up with.
    SIRI would be my bonehead move!!

Guru
    01-21-2009, 12:56 AM #32
    Quote Originally Posted by dread View Post
    I have been watching WFC Wells Fargo getting shorted to death the past 2 trading days, it is one I have been watching, volume was huge today!!
    Ya, because it has been getting shorted so much. The same thing is happening to one of my stocks (NYSE: CY) Cypress Semiconductors. It is a really really good stock like Wells Fargo, but the shorters won't let up.

That is the exact reason the stocks are going down, because the banks are getting raped.

Twenty to thirty sells and then one buy. Somebody buys at 14.00, then the shorter will buy at 13.65 and then immediately sell for 12.00. Then he has dropped it a dollar again and starts selling again for 12.00, then starts this cycle all over again. A good shorter will just work his way down and everybody will go for it and keep buying $1.00 over his current price until the stock is worthless by the end of the day.

I am not a shorter, but to maximize your money you really need to be (in + and minus terms), but I am not that confident in shorting and don't want to deal with margin accounts. I am a cash up front kind of guy.

Guru
    01-21-2009, 12:59 AM #33
    Quote Originally Posted by dread View Post
    SIRI would be my bonehead move!!
    Laughing.....It wasn't my best choice at the time either....I bought it because I love the product, which is NOT a good reason to buy a stock. Nothing to do now but sit and watch cars rust until something happens.

01-21-2009, 01:12 AM #34
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Ya, because it has been getting shorted so much. The same thing is happening to one of my stocks (NYSE: CY) Cypress Semiconductors. It is a really really good stock like Wells Fargo, but the shorters won't let up.

That is the exact reason the stocks are going down, because the banks are getting raped.

Twenty to thirty sells and then one buy. Somebody buys at 14.00, then the shorter will buy at 13.65 and then immediately sell for 12.00. Then he has dropped it a dollar again and starts selling again for 12.00, then starts this cycle all over again. A good shorter will just work his way down and everybody will go for it and keep buying $1.00 over his current price until the stock is worthless by the end of the day.

I am not a shorter, but to maximize your money you really need to be (in + and minus terms), but I am not that confident in shorting and don't want to deal with margin accounts. I am a cash up front kind of guy.
    Same here, all cash, buy on dips and sell on the pops.

I am reading about options, just not sure about them, maybe play it with ETF's.
    Another bonehead for me was CFC, I was lucky to get out at 20, before it collapsed. Walked into that one at 22.
    Last edited by dread; 01-21-2009 at 01:25 AM.

Mentor
    01-21-2009, 03:05 AM #35
    Quite interesting! I just placed a limit order for BAC for the morning at $5. Obama's first course of action is going to be to stabilize the banks, and when they do, BAC will jump. Was thinking about getting into a banking ETF as well.

Guru
    01-21-2009, 10:02 AM #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    Quite interesting! I just placed a limit order for BAC for the morning at $5. Obama's first course of action is going to be to stabilize the banks, and when they do, BAC will jump. Was thinking about getting into a banking ETF as well.
    I think you guys are on the right track and did some good thinking. It takes two business days for my money to transfer to my account so I am stuck in the water or I would do the same thing today. I am hoping for you both! Maybe you can get it for less than $5 today, because it doesn't look good from what I am seeing, but I could be wrong..sure wouldn't be the first time.

The financials have to come up. Good Luck!

01-21-2009, 12:31 PM #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    I work there. Please be right. Please.

Guru
    01-21-2009, 01:23 PM #38
    i bank with bac, i have alot of faith in bac, just bought bac at 5.74, might load up with more. BAC is one of those banks i have no doubt will survive, look up the san fran eqrthquake in 1904 and how bac was the only bank that survived that, BAC is a SURVIVOR BABY!!!!!!

Addict
    01-21-2009, 01:28 PM #39
    tripp what do you think about abk I have a order @ .99 for 500 shares.. I wanted to get it yesterday but missed it because of watching Bac in the last 3 minutes...
    Last edited by Sworntwofun; 01-21-2009 at 01:30 PM.

Guru
    01-21-2009, 01:40 PM #40
    dunno nothing bout abk but ill look into it

Page 4 of 6 ... 23456