Page 3 of 6 12345 ...
    Addict
    01-20-2009, 05:46 PM #21

Billhart22 what do you think?

What a day huh...
    I bought another 5000 shares of Sirius today @ .11 so now
    I have 35000 Adv .40.. Started @ 2.37 before the merger..

Then I couldnt help myself I bought 100 shares of BAC @ $5.15 I figure maybe they will get more funds from the gov. and go back up! What are your thoughts.. BAC went down 29% today... I will never hold anyone to anything...I am a carpenter so your thoughts are proberly better then mine... PS I trying to spread out a little..
    Last edited by Sworntwofun; 01-20-2009 at 06:16 PM.

Guru
    01-20-2009, 06:01 PM #22
    heh i had 104 bucks left over so I threw it on sscc, at 6 cents lol, doubt i will ever see that money again

Guru
    01-20-2009, 11:15 PM #23

Smart Move, Sworn

Quote Originally Posted by Sworntwofun View Post
    What a day huh...
    I bought another 5000 shares of Sirius today @ .11 so now
    I have 35000 Adv .40.. Started @ 2.37 before the merger..

Then I couldnt help myself I bought 100 shares of BAC @ $5.15 I figure maybe they will get more funds from the gov. and go back up! What are your thoughts.. BAC went down 29% today... I will never hold anyone to anything...I am a carpenter so your thoughts are proberly better then mine... PS I trying to spread out a little..
    Smart move on the BAC, because until banks come back up, the market isn't going anywhere.

On the SIRI, I hope that you are going to be a rich man. You have sure averaged down well and have a lot of stock.

So with the bank stock, I think you are in a good position, maybe kind of long for the short term. It has to come back up before anybody else can make money again.

Guru
    01-20-2009, 11:25 PM #24

You may be right

Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    heh i had 104 bucks left over so I threw it on sscc, at 6 cents lol, doubt i will ever see that money again
    Tripping, go to marketwatch.com and get a quote and then click on the overview tab, then read the latest news

Anyway LVLT held up pretty damn good today! Considering all the rest of my stocks went down the crapper! LVLT shall reign!

01-20-2009, 11:27 PM #25
    The only good thing I saw today was the massive spike in the VIX.

Every single one of my stocks on my watch list has had low volume since the new year came in. Until that changes and volume picks up, I am lost.

Guru
    01-20-2009, 11:45 PM #26

Prediction for 21 January 2009

I have all ready covered the really great news, but this is what the spirits are telling me tonight.

There is not any love out there or any better market until the banks start to the uptrend.

They took a beating today and were 25% down.

Until the banks make increases we are in deep doo doo.

We took a day off for MLK and then the U.K. freaked out because we weren't there and threw out another stimulus package to their banks and in turn the Asians went wild because the U.K. went wild and who knows who else went wild because the Asians went wild.

MLK day created a domino effect, because of the banks last week here in the U.S.. Well, because all the other countries were freaked out, we freaked out and our banks took a beating today. So I expect tomorrow that they will start freaking out again.....you get the idea....a dog chasing its tail.

So if everyone that is stressed out in the world's banks would just go to the bathroom and get a grip on themselves, then things could calm down.

Think about it? How much did you hear about FIAT taking 35% of Chrysler today for no money? Actually, how much did you really hear about anything other than B.O.?

Stocks were going a little bit down before his speech, started selling off during his speech and plummeted after his speech. A real confidence getter.

So until the banks kick in, it is not good.

Our DOW support is now 7449.38 and our resistance is 7773.71 Once we hit 1400 on the NAS we should take a bounce. We are ONLY 41 points away from there. Until we hit 1500 again it is bearish, but above that I consider bullish, but, if we need it, 1400 should give us some strong support.

So, tomorrow most likely continue with a downtrend at least until it hits the support levels which might be strong enough to give us a bounce.

The resistance levels for the NAS are now 1456 and 1500.

Those are the ranges to keep our eyes on.

No bank support = no stock market uptrend

Please post your predictions and reasoning, even if it is just that the weather is going to be nice

Bill
    Last edited by billhart22; 01-21-2009 at 12:45 AM.

Guru
    01-21-2009, 12:10 AM #27
    yeah i know but i read all this bk talk could possibly just be a rumor, anyway im willing to lose it heh, not an overall smart move but ill make it back somewhere else if i have too :O maybe i need to be a little less risky haha but hey why not with just a 100 bucks.
    Last edited by trippingthespeculatingpos; 01-21-2009 at 12:14 AM.

Guru
    01-21-2009, 12:27 AM #28
    Quote Originally Posted by dread View Post
    The only good thing I saw today was the massive spike in the VIX.

Every single one of my stocks on my watch list has had low volume since the new year came in. Until that changes and volume picks up, I am lost.
    I got burned on one not to long ago....it was just moving right along, and then all of the sudden there were like 12-15 trading periods throughout the day. It was like I was in a vacuum tube, all by myself and I couldn't scream, because nobody could hear me, so I sold it and took a 10% loss just to get out. All I could imagine was the employees in the building walking around with coffee cups in their hands.

I turned around with what remained bought some new stock and two hours later I was in the green.

It is a practice with me to only buy stocks with really good volume and a volume history, so I know what you are saying and can appreciate it.
    Last edited by billhart22; 01-21-2009 at 12:34 AM.

Guru
    01-21-2009, 12:30 AM #29
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    yeah i know but i read all this bk talk could possibly just be a rumor, anyway im willing to lose it heh, not an overall smart move but ill make it back somewhere else if i have too :O maybe i need to be a little less risky haha but hey why not with just a 100 bucks.
    Yep, read what I wrote to Dread in the previous message before this. I have done the same thing and went "What the Hell". At least you are man enough to admit it. I will give you that. Who knows? Maybe it will work out.

Maybe we should do a thread on the most stupid stock purchases we have made and see what people come up with.

01-21-2009, 12:43 AM #30
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    I got burned on one not to long ago....it was just moving right along, and then all of the sudden there were like 12-15 trading periods throughout the day. It was like I was in a vacuum tube, all by myself and I couldn't scream, because nobody could hear me, so I sold it and took a 10% loss just to get out. All I could imagine was the employees in the building walking around with coffee cups in their hands.

I turned around with what remained bought some new stock and two hours later I was in the green.

It is a practice with me to only buy stocks with really good volume and a volume history, so I know what you are saying and can appreciate it.
    I have been watching WFC Wells Fargo getting shorted to death the past 2 trading days, it is one I have been watching, volume was huge today!!

Page 3 of 6 12345 ...