View Poll Results: Did you use any of the steps below?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I followed the steps and it fixed my problem.

2 50.00%
  • Yes, I followed the steps but the problem returned.

0 0%
  • No, I have not had any problems with my Stiletto 2.

2 50.00%
Page 2 of 2 12
    01-30-2009, 10:35 PM #11
    Which channels are you talking about? Sirius has several channels that will not allow you to "Love" songs but will allow you to schedule recordings. The Best of XM originally did not work either but they fixed the coding and my understanding is they work.

02-11-2009, 02:52 PM #12

2 problems

1st problem

Bought 16gb kingmax card and when i put about 4 or 5 gigs on it the card works fine and all files intact untill i do hard reboot after that the SL2
    says "sd card removed" nothing will bring it back even formating under windows the card wont show up on the SL2.(the data had to be overwritten and windows won't do it)

the store says unit or card not sure and they replaced the card and the unit.

same problem, but this time i only put 3 gigs on it and it was fine
    added 2 gig = just over 5 total no problem
    added one more and card crapsout at 6 gigs

i found a formatter (http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter/)
    that actually formatted it so that the SL2 would recognize the card.

and now i have about 5.5 gigs on it and no more.

Next Problem

i have noticed that when tranfering files to the sd card the mp3 IDTAGs go into the sirius studio but not into the SL2 sometimes they do sometimes they don't, there doesnt seem to be any ryme or reason i can send 2 song and the id tags work fine then next transfer after that it wont send them the next time they send them.

i tried using an mp3 tag editor and same thing some tranfers the tage get sent and some transfers they don't.

i have made sure the album/title/artist ect
    isint too long 6char or less just too be sure no wierd char just letters i'm baffled.
    Last edited by johnjohnjo; 02-11-2009 at 03:42 PM.

04-02-2009, 09:04 AM #13
    Absolutely helped with my recording probs. The frequent shutdowns(not just putting to sleep) are the key. Thanks

05-21-2009, 11:06 AM #14
    I also record the Howard Stern Show every night at 11:45 p.m. (I work during the day and bring the Stiletto with me in the car and don't like leaving it in the car when I go to work). Because I don't listen to six hours of Howard every day, they will build up to three or four recordings at a time. Anyway, every few weeks (roughly 4-6 weeks), it will delete the oldest recording. I have done reset and erase every time this happens. I have turned off radio replays. I have had to reset and erase on two or three occasions (I have owned the unit since November 2008).

What should I do now? Continue doing "reset and erase"? Something else. I'm getting a little tired of losing recordings every few weeks. I should note that I usually put the unit into sleep mode, but am not diligent about the regular shutdowns of the unit.

I went through the TSS-Radio web site for a while and they were helpful, but then they stopped answering my questions. I am hoping someone here can help.

Thanks!
    Ed

05-22-2009, 04:15 PM #15
    Quote Originally Posted by smashclash View Post
    Lastly, another issue I thought of. Every once in a while I'll be listening to a channel such as 80's and I'll select the love button and sometimes it records the song and sometimes the recording option menu pops up asking how long of a block I want to record.

These problems are very frustrating.
    I've heard an answer to this issue that has nothing to do with the "big block" recordings getting lost. I've heard that when you "heart" a song and the SL2 doesn't do the normal recording, this means Sirius doesn't own the rights to the song. XM owns the rights and the SL2 and other radios can not recognize XM rights and record on a Sirius radio.

Hope I explained that correctly.

Enthusiast
    05-22-2009, 06:39 PM #16
    Quote Originally Posted by EHannan73 View Post
    I also record the Howard Stern Show every night at 11:45 p.m. (I work during the day and bring the Stiletto with me in the car and don't like leaving it in the car when I go to work). Because I don't listen to six hours of Howard every day, they will build up to three or four recordings at a time. Anyway, every few weeks (roughly 4-6 weeks), it will delete the oldest recording. I have done reset and erase every time this happens. I have turned off radio replays. I have had to reset and erase on two or three occasions (I have owned the unit since November 2008).

What should I do now? Continue doing "reset and erase"? Something else. I'm getting a little tired of losing recordings every few weeks. I should note that I usually put the unit into sleep mode, but am not diligent about the regular shutdowns of the unit.

I went through the TSS-Radio web site for a while and they were helpful, but then they stopped answering my questions. I am hoping someone here can help.

Thanks!
    Ed
    I think I may have helped you on a different thread. Anywho.......

Keeping them will be simple. Just don't delete them. However the manner that you delete them matters the most. When you delete a recording you need to delete what you want then shut down, not sleep, the device, wait about 10 seconds, then start it back up. Doing this helps the stiletto dump and add or refragment certain memory portions. Based upon what you said it sounds like your biggest problem stems from not shutting the unit down regularly and only going into sleep mode. I am sorry if we (TSS) have slacked off in helping you. Please don't hesitate to call us or email us with an important question about your stiletto.
    Last edited by my name is matt; 05-22-2009 at 06:41 PM.

08-04-2010, 05:36 PM #17

Post SL-2 not booting up

"This thread should be your first stop if you are experiencing missing recordings, radio replay problems or general device issues with your SL2."

I followed the steps for my problem and they did not resolve it. Last night, presumably while recording a Sirius channel, my SL-2 rebooted and it has been stuck on the 4th radio button. Clearly, something is wrong. I have taken the Micro card out, removed/replaced the battery, and read all the posts I can find. I have two laptops, a Macbook Pro and a PC with Windows 7 installed. There appears to be no device recovery software for the Apple and the Win 7 application fails each time.

Any ideas?

12-29-2010, 08:07 PM #18

Did anyone ever get a straight Answer on this

Sirius has sent me a replacement radio and offered to send another.

They said they have never heard of this problem with the Stilleto 2. I find that strange as it is all over the internet.

Brad

09-15-2018, 12:49 AM #19
    Anyone still out there that knows SL2s? Recently got a used SL2 before my original one craps out. My question(s), Can i somehow move my "loved songs" to the external card, and then either play from the card in the new radio, or somehow move them from the card to internal memory?

And

Anyway to set the radio to record "loved songs" directly to the external card?

Thanks, Rob

Page 2 of 2 12