Page 41 of 52 ... 31394041424351 ...
    01-31-2009, 03:25 AM #401
    Don't read that crap Bill!!

That is a perfect example of how emotions don't belong in the market, these clowns love to play mind games.

I guess what I am saying is, don't believe everything you read!!

Looks like I guessed right on the market for Friday, (pats self on back).

If I wasn't busy I would have said, buy JNPR, check out the volume!!

Vol: 49.75M Avg Vol: 8.63M

Just like WFC, its a no brain-er, to bad we are all broke.

It does not hurt to play fake trades just to see if you were right or wrong.

Hang in there, and I am going to put my money on Arizona, even though the Steelers are the better team!!

Making gyros for the super bowl!!!

Not sure if the jpg will post or not? /nope did not work, oh well.
    Last edited by dread; 01-31-2009 at 03:32 AM.

Guru
    01-31-2009, 03:54 AM #402

Super Bowl

I am for Arizona, because since 194* they haven't even been in the playoffs. Pittsburgh has plenty of times.

I like the underdog and small guy to win.

Good call on the market...I called AIB for today. We must be nuts! I am ready to kick back and watch my stocks and when the time is right ... then move...I have about $300 in my account Monday morning, if they get it finalized and will check out Ray's stocks FNM and FRE and am likely to see what they have to offer.

If we get this DRYS thing fully interpreted, then I may wait. Decisions, decisions, decisions...

I guess I can't buy everyday, but wish that I could, because when this mambo goes upwards, there will be cash. It cannot stay down for ever, can it? My new slogan, "In the year 2525, if man is still alive". Do you remember that song? If so, it is Denny Zager, a cool guy at Zagerguitars.com. On line all of the time. Really nice guy.

I would give you Hendrix's website, but he is dead, lol. He is my total hero. I have a bunch of stones off of his grave. It is 20 minutes from my parents' house and when in Seattle go there and pay tribute to Jimi. He is actually buried in Renton, WA. The last time that I was there I was all alone...nobody...the place is fantastic, not a piece of graffiti. A shrine. It was cold and damp outside, almost raining and on top of the shrine was a black crow looking down at me. Nothing else around. Gives me chills.

I saw him a month and a half before he died, he was on stage at Sicks stadium and had a orange outfit on and an orange headband on and his white strat. People were throwing tons of drugs on the stage and he was kicking them off in a half-assed manner and said, "No more drugs for me...Scotch is where it is at".

So anyway, when I used to work at Boeing in Seattle I had a friend named Art Todd. He lived next door to Jimi's brother.

Well Jimi and his bro were cranking it up late at night and Art went over there and banged on the door and told them to shut up and quit or he was going to call the cops.

He came to work and told me that and I just laughed at him...the dumb Fcuk!

Anyway, I am three sheets to the wind, a quart low and a tooth out of time. I need to take a break.

Have a great night, Dread

Bill

Guru
    01-31-2009, 04:17 AM #403
    yeah im a big hendrix fan too, who isnt actually, i would wait off on dry's till a bottom is absolutley clear and that may be awhile, nothing but bad news from them atm. I lived in renton when i worked in redmond, its a cool place.

01-31-2009, 04:18 AM #404
    Hang in there buddy!!!

Been watching FRE/FNM for about 6 months, don't touch them unless they knock there 52 week lows. .30/ its a buy!!

DRYS is going to dilute the shares just like SIRI, stay away for now and wait for the dilution to see how she reacts. It wont be good!

You are right, the markets are way over sold, and when she comes back, if you are not on board you will have missed it. Our question is, how long?

Funny you brought up Hendrix!!

I had a chance to go see Stevie Ray Vaughn at Alpine Valley Music Theater in Troy WI, on a Sunday night. To bad I had to work the next day!!!!!!!!!!!!! His last show as we all know

One of many regrets in life, but we move on.

Huge fan of Neil Pert!!! (Rush) Nothing better than a great percussionist!!!!
    Huge fan of: Randy Rhoads to!!!! No one ever brings him up, and he is incredible!!!!

Have a good night too Bill!! I will stop in during the weekend and check in!!

And that includes Tripp, Sworn, too!!
    Last edited by dread; 01-31-2009 at 04:51 AM.

01-31-2009, 11:26 AM #405

Billhart

ctic never did hit.08 close but no cigar .Monday ?
    In the the begining of this train wreck fnm was trailing fre by .03 to .05 with the 52 week lows around .30 we picked up fre for .37 and sold at .90 now fnm seems to lead fre and I try to keep one eye on it with some ready cash

Guru
    01-31-2009, 04:06 PM #406

Ctic

Quote Originally Posted by ray View Post
    ctic never did hit.08 close but no cigar .Monday ?
    In the the begining of this train wreck fnm was trailing fre by .03 to .05 with the 52 week lows around .30 we picked up fre for .37 and sold at .90 now fnm seems to lead fre and I try to keep one eye on it with some ready cash
    Good Morning, Ray -

CTIC has been bearish since 1:00 P.M. on Wednesday. It has been going just pretty much sideways. The ADX is totally bearish right now. The ADX has gone from a trend strength of 53 down to 45 on Friday's Close. The DMI + and the DMI - look like they are starting to close. In contrast, the MACD EMA (9) is slightly running on the bullside of MACD (12,26) and appears at the moment to becoming slightly more bullish. But they are so close that they could cross over at any time.

The RSI has taken a sharp turn from 35 to 55 in strength for the trend. Right now, the closing price, .086 is right dead on with the 10 day ma. In AH CTIC went up to .09., so now it is barely above the 10 day ma, if at all....I can't see past closing.

So that tightening (even though it is still far away from bullish) of the ADX and the slight opening of the MACD predicted the increase to .09

When the market opens it could drop because of the market itself or a shift later in the morning. It is hard to tell because right at the moment the indicators are mixed, so I wouldn't make a solid estimate either way, but would hope that the market itself would bring it down. The chances of that are good with the market being like a wash machine.

What is the earliest entry point for you? (lol, I am fishing around) and what would be your initial stop since you have played this one all ready?

I was cracking up last night watching Greta Van Susteran, ya Tripps, on the FOX News channel, lol. She had this guy on there giving advice to people on how to survive the market. He said to put your money not only under one mattress, but put it under 2 and set stuff on top of them. His said that people in the market now are nothing but a bunch of gamblers and you will lose your shorts. Don't you just love people like him? It is just like Dread said, not to listen to these emotional idiots......I know its not very entertaining, but I thought it was funny.
    Last edited by billhart22; 01-31-2009 at 04:16 PM.

Addict
    01-31-2009, 04:14 PM #407
    Bill...did you see the guy next to him shaking his head in disbelief (like he couldnt believe what he was hearing.) when the other guy was saying that!
    It was pretty funny!

Guru
    01-31-2009, 04:27 PM #408
    Quote Originally Posted by Sworntwofun View Post
    Bill...did you see the guy next to him shaking his head in disbelief (like he couldnt believe what he was hearing.) when the other guy was saying that!
    It was pretty funny!
    Ya, it was totally funny! I am glad that you saw that. He was shaking his head like the guy talking was a total and complete idiot. I was shaking my head too, lol.

Well, DRYS looks like a bummer for now. Just Sirius has a great point to wait and see the financials coming out. It certainly isn't a do or die situation anymore. It would be my luck with the dilution that it would keep dropping like SIRI, then I would have to join their forum and bitch for three years.

I saw a comment that a DRYS owner made yesterday after the news and the first comment was how damn stupid the CEO was. Does that ring any bells?

I am finding a lot of humor these days.

Now everybody is screaming to stay away from financials.....oh God, the world is coming to an end! The sky is falling! Call out Cock Robin! Don't touch financials! The world is in ruin! Sell Sell Sell!

It just cracks me up.

So what's your thoughts? Anybody....

Guru
    01-31-2009, 04:44 PM #409
    Quote Originally Posted by dread View Post
    Funny you brought up Hendrix!!

I had a chance to go see Stevie Ray Vaughn at Alpine Valley Music Theater in Troy WI, on a Sunday night. To bad I had to work the next day!!!!!!!!!!!!! His last show as we all know

One of many regrets in life, but we move on.

Huge fan of Neil Pert!!! (Rush) Nothing better than a great percussionist!!!!
    Huge fan of: Randy Rhoads to!!!! No one ever brings him up, and he is incredible!!!!
    You missed that concert, wow, what a bummer. That would have been way more historic to me than Obama becoming President! lol

I love Stevie Ray Vaughn. I play a little of him on my guitars, but he is very hard to play because he played chords and lead with the same strum and he was just totally unorthodox.

Neil Pert is fantastic percussionist. My favorite all time percussionist is Carl Palmer of Emerson, Lake and Palmer, but Neil is one of my favorites.

Randy Rhoads was insanely great! He taught everyone a good lesson - Don't fight with the pilot when in the air. Man he was good...to bad.

I remember the first time I saw Sabbath, right after the release of their first album. Ozzie could barely stand up and Toni had to lean against the amp stack to stand up and play, but they were great! I used to be a disc jockey and one day my buddies showed up at the door with an album that just had to have me hear. Of course it was "Black Sabbath". We put it on and it made shivers run up my spine. I thought it came from the depths of Hell, but I loved it. So I started playing it a whole bunch on the air and it caught on like wild fire. A lot of people were bitching though because it was "So Evil and Satanic". That's pretty funny these days. The Prince of Darkness has trouble tying his shoes these days if Sharon isn't around. He is funny, but is "One toke over the line".

Guru
    01-31-2009, 04:53 PM #410
    well history has always proven you dont bet against bankers, plus who would want to stay away from all those dividends, one of the few tiems you can pick up company's paying dividends for this cheap, yeah bac suspended their div to 1 cent for the moment but if ur holding long the dividends will return, look at aib's dividend. I say load up now just be willing to hold till the crisis blow's over and it will. As for fox news i watch it alot too as well as listen too it on siri, i think its entertaining but for me i know not to take much of it serious because they are so far right with their agenda that it cant help but come popping out. My favorite is alan comles on the radio, so freaking entertaining, he's aliberal with a 99 percent republican audience, all he does is argue with his own audience, it really is a brilliant set up. The callers are usually very angry towards his view's, and he is forced to defend himself against one attacker after another, u should give it a listen.

Page 41 of 52 ... 31394041424351 ...