Page 40 of 52 ... 30383940414250 ...
    Guru
    01-31-2009, 12:38 AM #391
    I take that as good news! Good research! Hang with me, don't go away, I am typing something.

Guru
    01-31-2009, 12:42 AM #392
    O.K., they have dilution and lost .60 eps.....well what the hay...all those poor discouraged people, lol

That is good, because maybe the price will come down to $4'ish. Like we haven't tangled with a diluted stock before, ha ha

It is the shipping industry. We have to have it and it will be a great place to get in. I have been wanting DRYS for a long time and no pun intended, but I don't want to miss the boat on this one. A guy would have to follow the stock price really close and in the end make a wild ass guess.

The site that Tripps found has a built in trigger, so that is probably the best thing to follow so you don't cut yourself short.

What do you think, Tony?

Addict
    01-31-2009, 12:52 AM #393
    Your the man..and the Captain of the ship...I have a little $ left in my account enought for 100 or 200 shares and I will wait for the call....then I will have to sit....until the tide turns.....

Bill..There is talk of the market testing 7500... What do you think?

Guru
    01-31-2009, 12:53 AM #394
    Looks like you had one busy day. I was reading your post and it sounded like a trader on the floor at Wall Street.

I am SO glad that order didn't go through for you last night. I was worried about that, because I figured out where everything was going this morning, last night.

I got some at $2.77 which was the low for the day at the time. Thank God it is the weekend to give us time to sort things out before Monday.

Ray was telling me in the post above that FNM and FRE are ones to watch, they have Gov't money from TARP. I am going to put them in my watch list and look them up. He scored with CTIC. Good Eye!

So how many bloody Mary's have you had tonight? lol

I love those things with Tabasco in them and Jalepenos and Celery and Worchesterchire (sp.) sauce.

Guru
    01-31-2009, 12:56 AM #395
    Quote Originally Posted by Sworntwofun View Post
    Your the man..and the Captain of the ship...I have a little $ left in my account enought for 100 or 200 shares and I will wait for the call....then I will have to sit....until the tide turns.....

Bill..There is talk of the market testing 7500... What do you think?
    Captain?? I wouldn't make a good deck hand. I should be kicking back and watching what I have for a while.

Let's get Tripps opinion after he reads that paper that you found. Then we can put our heads together. Sound Good?

Testing 7500.....it is very possible and it is just as possible for it to go back up. We have been going sideways. Up and down at the same time. I don't know right now, and NOBODY does. We know one thing though...it will come back up. Maybe in the year 2525, if man is still alive.
    Last edited by billhart22; 01-31-2009 at 01:00 AM.

Addict
    01-31-2009, 01:11 AM #396
    Too many..... After the market closed I took my wife out for Dinner...Shes from Norway...I met her in Malta 14 years ago doing teak work on Cruise Ships..... I had a few drinks to get over my shopping extravganza....Then I posted and had to proof read and change it 3 times nothing jived...But I decided to take the plunge both feet...I think I did ok!

I watch franny & freddy all the time...The basically follow each other from .60 to .65 back and forth once last week I believe they went to .75...but went back down.....So i dont know but I will read up...

SEC Filing: Insider Buy/Sell
    1/30/09 View all Related Articles > | Thomson Financial

UPDATE 2-Fannie, Freddie expand efforts to curb evictions
    1/30/09 View all Related Articles > | Reuters

Ok Bll...sounds like a plan...Will fill in Tripp and go from there...Have a good weekend...I will check my lap top but to tell the truth by Friday night I really dont want to see again untill Monday morning....But I know i will.....Talk at you later! Tony
    Last edited by Sworntwofun; 01-31-2009 at 01:21 AM.

Guru
    01-31-2009, 01:22 AM #397
    Have a great one! Talk to ya tomorrow, lol

Mentor
    01-31-2009, 02:05 AM #398
    Bill/Tripp/Sworn

Drys due to report on 2/10/09. 09 EPS estimated at 1.23 08 on etrade listed EPS estimated at $22 and some change. Also, cancelled dividend.

Watch this one closely. Once the world economic situation changes, DRYS, NM, DSX should really pop. Don't be fooled by the $119 52 wk high of DRYS earlier this year..They currently only have 63M outstanding shares. This dilution will more than double their outstanding shares.

The upside potential for high quality shippers is huge at these entry points. I would wait and see what they have to say for earnings report on 2/10/09. However, if they drop into 4ish range as you stated, might be worth dipping into those waters.

Guru
    01-31-2009, 02:11 AM #399
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Bill/Tripp/Sworn

Drys due to report on 2/10/09. 09 EPS estimated at 1.23 08 on etrade listed EPS estimated at $22 and some change. Also, cancelled dividend.

Watch this one closely. Once the world economic situation changes, DRYS, NM, DSX should really pop. Don't be fooled by the $119 52 wk high of DRYS earlier this year..They currently only have 63M outstanding shares. This dilution will more than double their outstanding shares.

The upside potential for high quality shippers is huge at these entry points. I would wait and see what they have to say for earnings report on 2/10/09. However, if they drop into 4ish range as you stated, might be worth dipping into those waters.
    Great words of advice, I appreciate it. Good thing You and Tony were on the ball. I didn't realize this happened as I didn't see any news on it. I always check the news and just didn't see it. If we can get it really cheap, then it might be worth it.

Maybe the news will drive it down to dirt cheap $2'ish. That would be prime, but its great to have guys looking out for each other and it is MOST appreciated.

Join in on the discussions of it this weekend, as the more views, the better.

Night,

Bill (Time to play poker for a while online - the kind without real money)

Guru
    01-31-2009, 02:52 AM #400

A shorter's perspective in this Market

I read this guy everyday. I read the ENEMY! lol

From Chartswingtrader.com

January 30, 2009
    State of the Market - 1/30/09

Do you ever feel like you are waging a personal battle against the market? Do you ever feel like whatever move you make, it will be the wrong one? That's how I feel right now after today. This commentary is going to be less market-based and more psychology-based. The market did break down early, but never really followed-through to the downside until the very edge of the day, and even then, it just kind of held there instead of really selling off. It was a difficult day to trade, at least for me. Not fun at all.

My frustrations with this market definitely continued today, as the early spike took me out of over half my short positions from yesterday with small losses. The frustrating part is that on a few, the stop was just barely hit and then the stock reversed hard without me for the ride down. That is probably the worst feeling as trader. I was away from my computer for most of the morning, so I had to set my stops and see what happened - I didn't have much choice. Let me tell you, it was not fun to see what happened.

My stop in UAUA was hit at $10.8999 (high was $10.908) and then it immediately reversed lower. I took a 3% loss on that one - not a big deal, but I could have been up around 12% later in the session. My stop in RRGB was also hit in the first minute or two of trading at $12.80 (high was $12.87), giving me a 2.2% loss. It reversed almost immediately without me. Again, the loss is not a huge deal, but again, later in the session, I would have been looking at a 7% gain. PNC was also hit at $35.11, giving me a 2.4% loss. That also reversed, although it moved higher at first. So once again, my read on these patterns appears to be correct, but this choppy market got me out of them prematurely and I did not benefit. I used trailing stops as well which supposedly can't be seen by the market makers, so I doubt they were trying to take stops out at the open, but who knows?

To add to the frustration, the one financial I did not get stopped out of only to see it reverse (JPM) just decided to stay higher all day. I was stopped out of that around lunchtime at $26.49 for a 2.7% loss. It was all over the place today - yuck.

Later on in the session, I did short ECA at $44.28 as it looked to be breaking through its 50 day moving average and a bear flag on its 5 minute chart. I once again got whipsawed there as it bounced right back up and stopped me out about an hour later at $44.77 for a 1.26% loss. It also reversed lower soon after my stop was hit.

The action of the past two days puts me down about 7% overall for the year - not a big deal and definitely something I can climb out of, but it is hard to deal with when most of my calls and reads on the market have been correct. It's not like I am shorting when I should be buying or vice versa - I have shorted when the market started turning lower and bought when the market started turning up and have absolutely nothing to show for it but losses.

Basically, this is the year has gone for me so far. Back on January 3, I was calling for a major pullback in the indices and told folks to not chase stocks. I went short some names along with FAZ at some point. I was stopped out early from FAZ and of the shorts I picked, only one worked (MR) while the others did nothing even though the market went much lower. Then around January 12, I was warning that a bounce was very probable based on what I saw, and so I entered both SSO and DIG at this time. My timing was a little off here, but the call was overall correct and we started moving higher a few days later, but I was stopped out of both positions way before that with small losses. Finally comes this week, when I have been clearly stating that we were due for a pullback here and here and that I wouldn't be chasing this government-induced supposed breakout. I got short some good-looking names yesterday that mostly did work, but I was shaken out of them early and now see only one out of six positions that gave me a gain.

As you may guess, I am somewhat frustrated right now. Honestly, days like today make me want to just quit this stupid game sometimes. I am not going to do that - I know it is all part of it and these things happen to every trader - but I may take some time off if it continues like this. My reads on the overall market have been pretty accurate I believe but I continue to carry this losing streak on despite of it. I don't know if there is luck involved in trading or not - probably a little to an extent - but if there is, right now all I seem to be having is bad luck, and I can't take that for much longer.

I know what I do need to do is look at how I am trading (specifically setting my stops in an extra volatile market) and change accordingly so that my correct reads will lead to profitable trades instead of frustrating ones. You never stop learning and growing as a trader, and perhaps this is my next challenge in terms of growth - how to manage this issue. I know controlling losses is the number one rule for trading, and I think I do a good job. My stops probably have been too tight on positions, but I do base them all on technical levels on intraday charts, so it is not like they are just placed randomly. What is happening is those levels I look at have been broken just enough for my stop to get hit, and then the action reverses without me. I don't know what to do about that. I think I need to figure it out before trading heavily again.

There is always debate about whether to use stops or not, or which type of stops to use. It is a tough question. It is easy in hindsight to just say, "oh, you should let your positions ride", but in this type of market, which is completely unpredictable, I can't do that. I would much rather wake up with a small loss of a few percentage points that have a loss of 10-15% after the market gets squeezed again on some new made-up rumor by CNBC. Days like today definitely suck, but I guess it is just part of trading. I am guessing I am not the only one who was stopped out of his shorts this morning - this market does a great job of frustrating as many participants as possible.

As it is, I am going to step away for a bit and not trade. As a trader, sometimes you have to be able to recognize this need and do it. I have one open short in ACM and will manage that, but I don't plan on adding any other positions for the near future. Basically, I think I've reached my breaking point. I don't know for how long I will stay away - I probably should step away for a while because with all of the rumors, volatility, and government interference, the game has become almost impossible to win in my opinion, at least for me. Maybe others of you out there are doing great, and if you are, congrats. Trading is a lot like poker, and right now for me, it is like trying to play a game of poker, but after each hand, the rank of hands change without the knowledge of the players that are playing. One hand, a full house is better than a straight, but the next hand, two pair are better than a flush. How could anyone be successful in that type of game? That's what we got right now in this market.

I need to let myself recharge, get some confidence back, and then maybe I will be ready to go again and get back to making money. But I kind of think right now if I try to keep trading, I will do nothing but pile on more losses and I definitely don't want to do that. Besides, my Steelers are in the Super Bowl so I can at least focus on that this week and hopefully enjoy a victory celebration for them (although I am worried about the game).

Sorry for the rant - sometimes it is necessary and theraputic to get thoughts out in words. I may be around and try to share some thoughts over the next week or so but if you don't see posts for a few days, you'll know why. This market isn't much worth writing a lot about for me right now. Take care and best of luck out there. Hopefully you'll have better luck than me recently.

--------------------end of blog--------------------------------

It is interesting to hear the other side, because they are hurting as well.

Tripps, should we send them foreign aid?

It is a good read daily. I subscribe at http://www.chartswingtrader.com

Not pimpin' just like to read him..........

Page 40 of 52 ... 30383940414250 ...