Page 3 of 52 1234513 ...
    Guru
    01-21-2009, 06:05 PM #21
    im hoping it will get a bounce back an i can make a little with it!!!

Guru
    01-22-2009, 02:36 AM #22

World Economy

Sometimes I wish that we were not so tied into the world economy, but that is how it is..We are the a-holes of the world, but nobody can survive without us. Japan and Taiwan are suffering because of MLK day. They are a good two days behind us here in the U.S..

I don't know...I am a person that is for protectionism (eliminating outsourcing), but at the same time I am a person that wants to see economic needs met.

If the U.S. had the huevos to pull back outsourcing we would be paying more for durable and non-durable goods, but at the same time would put the crunch on foreign entities.

I don't have a definitive answer on this subject, but less foreign aid would help us tremendously.

As an investor, I don't really know which is best. Cold hearted I may be, but I love America, invest in America and screw the rest of them. At the same time, I like an honest deal to profit... so do we need China or don't we???

I think that we got too big and lazy....source it out! We don't want to do it. That is the reason that our steel mills and manufacturing plants are desolate. Times were good and we quit producing...just give it to somebody else.

If we took it all back, the blue collar industry would rise, but no, we would rather have foreign car makers in our country to do it for us and other countries build it for us (cheap labor).

Screw B.O.'s infrastructure plan...it is a waste. The simple way is to get America's manufacturing back. Ya, it will cost us more as consumers for durable and non-durable goods, but we will be making more, because we are not supporting other economies.

Take care of #1 first. That would be the U.S..

Guru
    01-22-2009, 03:11 AM #23
    well his plan is too make it harder for companies to outsource through tax breaks and penalties and im sure more than that, protectionism is part of what caused the great depression, we raised the prices of our exports and our trade partners did the same so we ended up with high prices that people couldnt afford. We have to be careful how we go about it, a global economy is where the world is heading, just think of it like the u.s.a, instead of states it will be countries, the united countries of the world!!! Some think this will be bad but i dont think it will be as bad as they say, We live on one earth, time to stop drawing imaginary borders, its a good thing for countries of the world to have mutual interest's, i dont think a country trying to shelter itself from the world in this day in age is doing itself any favors.

Guru
    01-22-2009, 09:57 AM #24
    Great points! I don't know why I got off on that subject. I see what outsourcing does to my wife's corporation and it irritates me. They lay off Americans and keep the foreign workers because they are cheap. I guess that is what gets me wound up.

Addict
    01-22-2009, 11:30 AM #25

Daily Trades

Hi bill & tripp
    I sold bac yesterday after going out for 1 minute and seeing it hit 6.88 and was going down so I dumped it a 6.62 which I wish I waited a little longer because it closed at 6.88...I wanted to but citi yesterday and I had a buy @.99 after it went pass $1 and it never looked back...Anyway Bac worked out so far and I bought citi today at 3.15 so I got double for what I sold bac. I wanted to say Thanks to you guys for your input because I trade literly by the seat of my pants...I do read as much as I can, listen to Cramer and now Bill & Tripp and i do like that market watch web site (Thanks Bill).Im not posting much about Sirius anymore because the big guy e-mailed me and said I was Highjacking the site so Ill keep it to you guys for now...But Im in for the long run with Sirius... I hope we could put all our heads together and prosper..... Im definatly learning alot and having fun...Thanks Again Tony
    Last edited by Sworntwofun; 01-22-2009 at 11:41 AM. Reason: spelling

Guru
    01-22-2009, 12:31 PM #26
    i made some moves today, feeliing really good about bac long term at this price so i went ahead and sold lvlt and bought more of bac, as well as selling that pos sscc for 4 cents haha, now i got like 60 bucks unsettled cash that i cant use for some reason, h8 that !!! I know i was thinking long with lvlt but i decided to take my gains and wait for the volume to get heavy again then i mgiht jump back in.

Guru
    01-22-2009, 12:36 PM #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Sworntwofun View Post
    Hi bill & tripp
    I sold bac yesterday after going out for 1 minute and seeing it hit 6.88 and was going down so I dumped it a 6.62 which I wish I waited a little longer because it closed at 6.88...I wanted to but citi yesterday and I had a buy @.99 after it went pass $1 and it never looked back...Anyway Bac worked out so far and I bought citi today at 3.15 so I got double for what I sold bac. I wanted to say Thanks to you guys for your input because I trade literly by the seat of my pants...I do read as much as I can, listen to Cramer and now Bill & Tripp and i do like that market watch web site (Thanks Bill).Im not posting much about Sirius anymore because the big guy e-mailed me and said I was Highjacking the site so Ill keep it to you guys for now...But Im in for the long run with Sirius... I hope we could put all our heads together and prosper..... Im definatly learning alot and having fun...Thanks Again Tony
    It's funny how easy it is to miss a stock by a single cent. I do it all of the time. It seems like everybody else is scoring and I feel like the village idiot. Maybe the BAC and CITI thing worked out for the best. Anything financially related is all over the map.

Yesterday when we were talking about ABK I can see where Tripps was coming from. Looking at the financials it is a disaster on earnings. He is totally right from that perspective.

As far as my purchasing it, I think it is a great buy. I am only concerned with the moving averages. I don't care about the company's financials in this particular stock. It has a history of very high stock prices and very low prices. It is very close to crossing the 10, 50 and 200 day MA's which will cause should cause buying once it crosses those levels. It does come with risk, but I can wait this one out.

I wouldn't coerce anyone into buying it, but it is one of my risk plays. If it goes up enough I will sell it. So maybe this helps you understand my reasoning. Tripp's reasoning is very sound for a long term investment.

I call it a long term investment, because I don't know how long it will take to become profitable for me. It could be soon, or maybe later. I am not intimidated about it or sorry that I bought it. I am just kicking back and waiting on it.

Thanks for your kind words. Market Watch is pretty cool in my opinion. It is related to Barrons and the WSJ. There is a lot of insight in there.

I have a lot of fun with stocks and, like you, I am learning every day.

Great to have you around.

Bill

Guru
    01-22-2009, 12:47 PM #28
    i think people miss out cause they overshoot the bid, if u want to make sure you get a position opened just go with the ask price, i hate missing a buy because i bid too low, if i think the price is low enough already why bother with 20 cents lower. specially if some1 meeting my bid might just start the stock on a downward spiral. I dunno just my way of thinking im sure its not the best way.

Guru
    01-22-2009, 12:50 PM #29
    i understand what you doing bill, its what i attempted but failed to do with sscc. lol i will never forget you sscc

Guru
    01-22-2009, 12:53 PM #30
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    i think people miss out cause they overshoot the bid, if u want to make sure you get a position opened just go with the ask price, i hate missing a buy because i bid too low, if i think the price is low enough already why bother with 20 cents lower. specially if some1 meeting my bid might just start the stock on a downward spiral. I dunno just my way of thinking im sure its not the best way.
    You are right, even one cent can cause the shorters to start tearing it down.

Page 3 of 52 1234513 ...