Page 23 of 52 ... 13212223242533 ...
    Guru
    01-28-2009, 01:56 AM #221
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    BTW

Sarah/Jindal 2012

Wow...a gun toten woman and a coonass...Works for me!
    Ya, that is the perfect combination for my heart! I know Oprah cries here eyelashes off for B.O., but I get tears in my eyes when I hear Sarah speaks. Jindal is awesome and Sarah is my kind of conservative.

Anyway, Tripps really knows more about SIRI than I do, as he has been in this game a lot longer than I with SIRI. Maybe he could shed some of his light. He has a really good common sense approach to SIRI.

I personally cannot figure it out and should do more analysis of charts for the markets than just b.s.ing so much. I think I will, BUT

Tomorrow is going to be really bullish! Watch closely...because it is going to happen. The market is tired of duffing around and is ready to make a move. The futures are way up tonight. Maybe tomorrow will not be really big in advances, but it will move up. From what I have been looking at, I believe it.

With all of the after hours trading on the financials today, I think they could be a barnburner tomorrow. Ya, they eventually will have to pull back, but that much trading in the AH tells me that people cannot wait for the market to open tomorrow morning.

Once over the 8500 on the DOW, we will really be bullish again. I am tired or I would explain all that I see. Tomorrow night I will start analyzing again.

That is what I am comfortable with. I am not comfortable or fluent with all of the business talk like Newman and Demian. I am more of an analyst, because that is what interests me.

In real life I am a businessman, but I hate paperwork.

Have a great evening, and thanks

Hang out here more often, especially with other stocks. I like to hear everybody's ideas.

Bill
    Last edited by billhart22; 01-28-2009 at 02:06 AM.

Guru
    01-28-2009, 02:24 AM #222
    well according to duke its going to bottom out at 8 cents, that the 8 cent rogue trade was actually an early tip off from the market makers as to what the bottom is going to be, i wonder when this bottom is supposed to happen though, before the feb pop or after. I think one thing is for sure, every possible bad thing is priced into this stock. If we see a clear end to this credit crisis then i think we could return to pre 2008 levels rather quickly. I liked dukes analysis but as smart as it was he could very easily be wrong about the drop back, I think the drop back depends on the credit markets still being shitty, if the credit markets start recovering around the same time siri's handles feb and may's debt we could see it rise and not pull back that much at all. Here's hoping to a steady and smooth rise so i can afford to move somewhere more liberal :O
    Last edited by trippingthespeculatingpos; 01-28-2009 at 02:28 AM.

Guru
    01-28-2009, 03:46 AM #223
    Bank stocks jump after 'bad bank' report; Yahoo up nearly 5%
    6:06p ET January 27, 2009 (MarketWatch)

LOS ANGELES (MarketWatch) -- Financial stocks jumped Tuesday evening after a report that the government is creating a plan to buy up toxic assets from firms in an effort to stabilize the shaky banking system, while Yahoo Inc. shares were lifted nearly 5% following the Internet company's surprise of better-than-expected results.

Shares of Citigroup Inc. advanced 10% to $3.92, Bank of America Corp. gained 8.8% to $7.07 and J.P. Morgan & Chase Co. rose 2.5% to $25.71 after a CNBC report that the Obama administration is nearing a deal to purchase illiquid or bad assets from banking firms. The so-called 'bad bank' plan could be announced as early as next week.

Yahoo Inc. shares rose 4.5% to $11.85. The company swung to a net loss of $303 million, or 22 cents a share. Last year, it made $206 million, or 15 cents a share. Net revenue for the period fell 2% to $1.38 billion. Excluding certain items, Yahoo would have earned 17 cents a share. Analysts expected Yahoo to post earnings of 13 cents a share and $1.37 billion in net revenue, according to FactSet Research.

The figures represent former CEO Jerry Yang's last full period. Carol Bartz, formerly of software firm Autodesk Inc, earlier this month was named as Yang's successor, and investors will look to her to outline plans to help the company fend off fierce competition from Google Inc. and cushion any impact from the slowing economy. Read full story on Yahoo.

Shares of Google were last up 0.6% to $333.50, but only about 77,000 shares had been exchanged. Microsoft Corp. , which tried to purchase Yahoo last year, was up 0.5% to $17.75 in late trades.

GE fell 2.7% to $12.71 after Moody's Investors Service said it has placed the conglomerate's Aaa long-term ratings on revenue for possible downgrade "primarily upon heightened uncertainty regarding [General Electric Capital Corp.'s] asset quality and earnings performance in future periods." Read full story on General Electric.

Back on the earnings front, Sun Microsystems Inc. shares rose 6.5% to $4.25. The computer server and software company swung to a quarterly loss and posted a decline in sales, but the results were better than had been anticipated. See full story on Sun Microsystems.

Chip maker Altera Corp. shares gained 2.1% to $17 on the heels of a reported 27% increase in fourth-quarter net profit to $83 million, or 28 cents a share. Sales, however, fell as the company felt the impact of the global slowdown. See more on Altera's results.

Gilead Sciences fourth-quarter revenue rose to $1.43 billion from $1.09 billion a year ago, but the sales result was lighter than Wall Street's estimate for sales of $1.44 billion. Its shares were down 1.9% to $47.30.

The biopharmaceutical firm's fourth-quarter profit rose to $568.2 million, or 60 cents a share, from $401.6 million, or 41 cents a share, in the year-ago period. Excluding one-time items, the company would have reported earnings of 63 cents a share. Analysts were looking for earnings of 57 cents a share.

--------------------------------------------------------------

they should of just bought all the bad assets in the first place

Addict
    01-28-2009, 09:28 AM #224
    tripp what do you think about bac & citi...Do you think its over bought and might come back down or do you think the momentum is to steady to reverse...

Guru
    01-28-2009, 09:46 AM #225
    Good morning Tony,

ABK is all ready up to 1.25 this morning at 6:45 A.M. MST.

Hope you have a great day today!

Guru
    01-28-2009, 09:48 AM #226
    Good Morning Tripp,

Look at all the pre-market trading this morning. People can't wait to get out of the gate. Even on my crumby software. ha ha

Guru
    01-28-2009, 09:55 AM #227
    morning! the only thing i feel safe calling atm is it will hold above7and we will be over 10 withint the next couple days at latest next week.

Addict
    01-28-2009, 10:06 AM #228
    good morning bill...even I was up early today.... Its gonna be a busy day...

Addict
    01-28-2009, 10:09 AM #229
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    morning! the only thing i feel safe calling atm is it will hold above7and we will be over 10 withint the next couple days at latest next week.
    Its killing me...Monday I had a buy on bac for 5.99 for 250 shares and for
    1 penny it cost me.... Its hard playing catch up....I gonna try to get back in... when it right...Good Luck today guys....

Guru
    01-28-2009, 10:12 AM #230
    Damn, I have to go to work today. Argh! Looks like a big day for action. I am keeping my eye on ABK today as I don't have any BAC or C. Oh well, live and learn. I hope that you and Tripps have a great day and make lots of money.

It is going to be a lively one, as predicted.

Page 23 of 52 ... 13212223242533 ...