Page 1 of 52 1231151 ...
    Guru
    01-16-2009, 11:59 AM #1

Daily Market Watch

I am creating this new thread for daily comments on the market. I know that I have been posting a lot of non-related SIRIUS comments in the Intraday Forum, so I will be posting here. Feel free to post your thoughts here.

Guru
    01-16-2009, 12:02 PM #2

Fast Moving Market

Only last night everybody was all worried about Bank of America...it was going to be another dismal day...now their bacon is getting saved and everything is roses and the futures are up! Monday is MLK day and B.O. is going into office.

The big stimulus package is getting passed....thank you Barney Frank! (The same guy that helped murder the economy). He says spend, spend, spend and don't worry about the deficit.

It is only $825 Billion, chump change. I wonder if they have ever heard of inflation? We will need a wheelbarrow to carry enough money to buy a loaf of bread.

Just print the money, don't worry about it being backed up. We can take care of it later. Do you honestly think they will take back the money later?

They just don't get the fact that it is bad credit management that got us into this mess in the first place. I am amazed that we have 500+ Congressman that can be so damn stupid!

I am not being negative or complaining, but I am just observing. What ever it takes to avoid some discomfort and sacrifice is what amazes me. Everything in Washington is done on a knee jerk response. Our forefathers are probably rolling over in their graves. They did things a little bit different...they used to debate issues ahead of time and meet a mutual consensus about what was best for our country.

Next Tuesday, I want my free health care; a chicken in my pot, 27 virgins and our SIRI stock to be at $1.50.

Guru
    01-16-2009, 02:43 PM #3
    what im hoping to see from obama is simple, making the best choices for the country despite of political leaning, not being a complete tard like bush, a more diplomaticly inclined foreign policy, more regulation of our finanial industries, removal of things liek golden parachutes, hopefully a tax cut for small business's and individuals who need it the most, and the big one legalizing marijuana hah
    Last edited by trippingthespeculatingpos; 01-16-2009 at 07:59 PM.

Guru
    01-17-2009, 01:47 AM #4
    First of all, I loved the ending line there, it was too funny! I hope that you get your pot. It is safer than driving and talking on a cell phone. I made it alive through the 60's and 70's and there is nothing wrong with me, nothing wrong with me, nothing wrong with me..

Now I just drink Maker's Mark (unlike the moonshine I used to drink that tasted like kerosene).

Ya, tripping, I agree with all that you had to say.

I am going to look at the charts tomorrow and try and verify what I think about this supposed rally around B.O..

You know, right at the moment I don't see a rally really building. I am going to run some numbers and check some charts and other stuff. I know that we have had a hell of a financial time here the last few days and some of it was remedied, but I just don't see the momentum.

Everything was all ready overbought and now it is oversold and people are waiting for a bump so they can start shorting again...so I am going to do some investigating this weekend and will make a prediction before Monday.

All of you prediction fans tune in this weekend and see how bad I screw the prediction up for after the holiday!

Have a great evening.

*** Have a great day investors and may your aim be true!***

Guru
    01-17-2009, 04:33 AM #5
    yeah i tryed to keep it short, i could of gone on all day on what i hope he does lol

Mentor
    01-17-2009, 04:38 AM #6
    I don't think any momentum in the world could beat down the rally that comes Tuesday and Wednesday with Obama taking office. The whole world knows that it is time for a change, and the market will rally because Obama is that change.

I don't think the rally will last, and will probably give back all the gains by Friday, but it might make for a good short term trade.

Guru
    01-17-2009, 01:28 PM #7
    Yep, Newman, short term at best is my prediction also. I am going to do some research today and try and make a better prediction, but I really agree with you so far.

Enthusiast
    01-17-2009, 02:51 PM #8

Obama....

Being a DC local, I am also excited about the Obama inauguration (but this town is going to be 5 times more disasterous than Bourbon Street at 2am during Mardi Gras).

I am also hopeful that the changes Obama wishes to initiate will work, but the math behind the promises confususes me. Aren't we now just going to be printing a ton more de-valued US Dollars, create an infrastructure of new jobs, which currently don't exist....probably for good reason, while the real nitty gritty of GUARANTEED tax cuts and MANDATORY bank lending to the consumer and to businesses like SIRIUS, which would really stimulate the economy are being left to the wayside. Am I seeing this picture wrong???? I'd love some feedback to help me become more of an optomist!!

I am very hopeful in Obama and his plans.....but at the end of the day, he is only a man (hough a great one) and his plans need to be ratified by a stingy and partisan divided House and Senate.

Let's just hope that they can all play nice in the new Capitol Hill sandbox and get this worlds economy on the right track.

Enjoy the long weekend folks.

-Whynot

Guru
    01-17-2009, 06:58 PM #9
    http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=6624066

here's an interview he did recently, get a chance to hear what he's planning some more i hope, i have yet to watch it though.

Guru
    01-18-2009, 06:31 PM #10

The Obama Honeymoon Rally Predictions

I moved this to Obama Honeymoon Rally Predictions thread.

Thanks,

Bill
    Last edited by billhart22; 01-19-2009 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Moved it to new thread - Obama Honeymoon Rally Predictions

Page 1 of 52 1231151 ...