Page 1 of 4 123 ...
    Mentor
    03-02-2009, 02:45 AM #1

Daily Market Watch - Week of 3/2/09

SIRI made a decent run this week, hoping (and expecting) it will continue.

Ford held its ground and came back nicely to end the week.

AIB = Sucks =/

Thats all my speculative plays right now. Haven't had time to research anything else to get into. With all of the talk about nationalization, I don't know if C or BAC are worth the risk. ETFC moves with financials, so that wont be moving anywhere...

I want to look at some renewables the next chance I get. Obama is putting quite a bit of funding into this sector. Which do you guys think will be the recipeints? I know USUN and ESLR have been mentioned... any others?

Enthusiast
    03-02-2009, 09:01 AM #2
    I still love YGE (Yingli Green Energy) in that sector. Check them out and at less than $4 a share right now.....they've got an awesome future.

As a spec, check out: OOIL.OB. Turning algae into renewable energy, they seem to make strides every time I look at their news. Also at .41 a share, they seem to have nowhere to go but up!!!!!

Still buying as much Barclays (BCS) as I can and they are the only winner in the banking game right now.

I WANT MY Q4 F*&KING RESULTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers,
    Whynot

Guru
    03-02-2009, 12:36 PM #3

Like I thought

Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    SIRI made a decent run this week, hoping (and expecting) it will continue.

Ford held its ground and came back nicely to end the week.

AIB = Sucks =/

Thats all my speculative plays right now. Haven't had time to research anything else to get into. With all of the talk about nationalization, I don't know if C or BAC are worth the risk. ETFC moves with financials, so that wont be moving anywhere...

I want to look at some renewables the next chance I get. Obama is putting quite a bit of funding into this sector. Which do you guys think will be the recipeints? I know USUN and ESLR have been mentioned... any others?
    Like I thought...we are at 68xx on the DOW. I am just sitting....No Sells...No buys...I am officially on the sidelines.

CSUN is another great one.

SIRI is doing well, considering the market today.

AIB..................nuff said for now...

I have 300 ESLR

You couldn't find me buying another Financial right now.....Not Even!

Time to take a shower and work on the house....that is how excited I am.

Guru
    03-02-2009, 12:42 PM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Whynot View Post
    I still love YGE (Yingli Green Energy) in that sector. Check them out and at less than $4 a share right now.....they've got an awesome future.

As a spec, check out: OOIL.OB. Turning algae into renewable energy, they seem to make strides every time I look at their news. Also at .41 a share, they seem to have nowhere to go but up!!!!!

Still buying as much Barclays (BCS) as I can and they are the only winner in the banking game right now.

I WANT MY Q4 F*&KING RESULTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers,
    Whynot
    Those are all good picks....I have been kind of watching them over time. BCS is a good one. I don't trust any financials right now. Renewables and dry bulk shipping is where it is at.

SIRI just has a mind of its own........

Overall, something positive has to happen, but with terrible economic news and so forth will keep the market down. Nobody dares take a lead.

Time to sit and watch the river flow.

Joined: Jun 2008 Location: God's Country --- Up North Posts: 57
    03-02-2009, 01:17 PM #5
    Newman,

I know ALTI is one stock I've research in the past. They make high-end batteries from nano materials. They might do well with obama's energy initiative. Currently they receive government grants, if I remember right. And their product has been tested quite a bit.

Guru
    03-02-2009, 01:47 PM #6

Nano Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by Seamless82 View Post
    Newman,

I know ALTI is one stock I've research in the past. They make high-end batteries from nano materials. They might do well with obama's energy initiative. Currently they receive government grants, if I remember right. And their product has been tested quite a bit.
    Nano technologies are a hot item that hasn't been really brought to peoples' attention, simply because most people don't understand it. That could be a really good bet. I will check that one out.

Guru
    03-02-2009, 01:50 PM #7

6700 today?

I thought we would be in the 6xxx's today but wasn't sure we would be approaching 67xx.

We are in for a world of shit unless something happens really quick.

Guru
    03-02-2009, 02:35 PM #8

Congress is proposing tax on stock trades

Good God! When is this going to quit?

http://www.istockanalyst.com/article...icleid/3080136
    Last edited by billhart22; 03-02-2009 at 02:40 PM.

Guru
    03-02-2009, 02:47 PM #9

Obama hiring all kinds of new IRS agents

The news just gets better by the minute.

Obama is hiring $300,000,000 worth the IRS agents to go after money.

Woof!

03-02-2009, 05:15 PM #10
    bill,
    check out alternative energy etf... GEX

Page 1 of 4 123 ...