Page 5 of 52 ... 3456715 ...
    Guru
    01-22-2009, 05:05 PM #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Sworntwofun View Post
    What going guys...I like the startup cost to invest in GTXO. I in... I will privite message you in a bit... Watching my 2 plays today...Thanks
    I haven't bought any yet. I have to transfer some money and that will take me till Monday. Check out the email I received and let me know what you think about its merits or demerits.

Addict
    01-22-2009, 08:28 PM #42
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    I haven't bought any yet. I have to transfer some money and that will take me till Monday. Check out the email I received and let me know what you think about its merits or demerits.
    I think its very very interesting.... today it was up +50% .18 day low .24 high closed at .22.... It might be a long shot but I like it.. and I think it could be big... Im gonna grab 1000 shares in the Am...
    Thanks Bill
    Last edited by Sworntwofun; 01-22-2009 at 08:34 PM.

Guru
    01-22-2009, 09:46 PM #43
    yea it does look interesting but i usually stay out of the otc market i might buy like 2 or 3 hundred shares tommorow as it does seem to have a lot of momentum.
    Last edited by trippingthespeculatingpos; 01-22-2009 at 10:50 PM.

Guru
    01-22-2009, 11:53 PM #44
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    yea it does look interesting but i usually stay out of the otc market i might buy like 2 or 3 hundred shares tommorow as it does seem to have a lot of momentum.
    Looking at the indicators, it looks like it is ready to crash! It went the wrong way mid day and showing a greater down trend. I am going to stay away from it for now, but I will keep an eye on it. I like mountain climbing....not surfing and then landing in the sand. The volume of shares went negative and the convergence/divergence crossed.....NOT good.

I like the product concept, but the stars are not in alignment after exactly 1 p.m. today.

BAD BUY at the moment. Check the MACD and volume of shares for the day...

Guru
    01-23-2009, 01:24 AM #45
    alright ill stay out, thanks for the advice. i got 54 bucks im looking to spend tommorow haha and that looked like a good place to put it but maybe i can toss it somewhere else, any other idea's?

Guru
    01-23-2009, 01:43 AM #46
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    alright ill stay out, thanks for the advice. i got 54 bucks im looking to spend tommorow haha and that looked like a good place to put it but maybe i can toss it somewhere else, any other idea's?
    I would hang with the 54 bucks and let it drop and wait until it is going back up, may get a good price to make money on another run up. The guys that are pimpin' this stock swear by it...When they put out those bulletins, they have all ready invested, get everybody worked up into a frenzy and they all buy in fast, then when it spikes like it did today, they short sell. If you look at the chart you will see that a whole bunch of people bought in really fast and it plummeted. They took the money both ways. Now, the stock will either make or break itself and if it is good, then we can get it cheap and make some money on the way up. I would watch the MACD and buy and sell by that.

If a guy is aware of their tactics he can make loads of money on the initial run. Once into that initial spike, I have found that once the trading is slowing, then sell and let it drop big....then watch it and catch a good uptrend at a low price and sell again.

I am learning that watching the MACD can guide a person when to buy and sell. I am going to have to get live charting through the day eventually and run on that

In the OTC, that is how I have found to make money.

Kind of like LVLT.....the big spike...I should have sold at $1.59, but I didn't. Then when it came down and hit $1.04 I almost bailed, remember?

Now, I have to hang. I am sure it will go back up, so I am holding. The next big uptrend, I will sell when trading slows at a big peak or have a limit order in to sell at $1.50 if I am doing something else where I can't be at the computer.

I know that I am crazy, but what person that isn't eccentric has ever made anything? lol

KUDOS on your comment in the intraday....actually, I was waiting to see your response and it was perfect!

I sent Tony an email also, I don't want to see him jumping in yet either.

Have a great night Tripps,

Bill

01-23-2009, 01:44 AM #47
    I had to leave the house for a while, my eyes were getting blood shot with all of the red running over my monitor.

I will check out those oil stocks also, Dread. Hell, I am a sucker for punishment.
    VOLUME GO UP!!!!

This sucks!! No big players want to go into this market. I can't blame them when the rules keep being changed all the time.

NOG (northern oil and gas) is one I am in right now. Just watching KOG since they are related. NOG was my favorite ATM until the new year came in. Hard to get limit orders to trigger because of float. I just market order the sucker.

Guru
    01-23-2009, 01:54 AM #48
    Quote Originally Posted by dread View Post
    VOLUME GO UP!!!!

This sucks!! No big players want to go into this market. I can't blame them when the rules keep being changed all the time.

NOG (northern oil and gas) is one I am in right now. Just watching KOG since they are related. NOG was my favorite ATM until the new year came in. Hard to get limit orders to trigger because of float. I just market order the sucker.
    Hey Dread,

How's it going? Ya, when there is low volume, YOU have to make it happen. It sucks to say the least. I have to check out those two stocks for informational purposes anyway.

Educate me.....does everything hinge upon these stocks with the commodities market? Or, are they exploration companies or both? I used to be a driller in the oil field, but didn't know anything about anything and still don't, but I think that oil stocks would be very volatile.

I was checking into options this evening....I have had them in the past, but I didn't purchase them, I had a broker do it when he told me to and scored well. As I was reading along I thought..."Good God" the averages can make you or break you. Let us know what you think and know. I am dumber than a door knob when it comes to options.

Give us a little insight to encourage us.

Have a great night,

Bill

01-23-2009, 03:02 AM #49
    Hey Dread,

How's it going? Ya, when there is low volume, YOU have to make it happen. It sucks to say the least. I have to check out those two stocks for informational purposes anyway.

Educate me.....does everything hinge upon these stocks with the commodities market? Or, are they exploration companies or both? I used to be a driller in the oil field, but didn't know anything about anything and still don't, but I think that oil stocks would be very volatile.

I was checking into options this evening....I have had them in the past, but I didn't purchase them, I had a broker do it when he told me to and scored well. As I was reading along I thought..."Good God" the averages can make you or break you. Let us know what you think and know. I am dumber than a door knob when it comes to options.

Give us a little insight to encourage us.

Have a great night,

Bill
    Me stupid too!!

NOG just secured a senior revolving line of credit for developmental drilling on Northern Oil's North Dakota Bakken and Three Forks positions.

http://news.prnewswire.com/DisplayRe...4949454&EDATE=

KOG is just on my radar because they are similar, so yes both are exploration companies.

I was buying NOG at the end of last year around the 2.50 range then selling if it got anywhere near or above 4.00. I have it right now at 2.37.

If the markets were stable this is easily a 15/20 stock in my eyes.

The only thing that concerns me is demand destruction, and the fact that tankers loaded with crude are backing up in ports. So please be careful!!!

Man I will be honest about options, I don't like them at all!! I do like ETF's and we have ETN's coming out for the VIX. So to each his own, but what you said, about downside with options, yeah I don't want to be stuck holding that bag if it blows up.

I try to keep things as simple as possible and focus on the macro market, then check my little turds/stocks to see if there is a correlation between them. If that makes any sense.

There is one trade that I will never forget, and I blew it!!! Back in July/08 around the 15th when SIRI was at 2.50 range / crude was at 130+ and UAUA was around the 2.50 mark. We all know what happened next.

I felt if oil went any higher it would break the market and had to come down. I thought about selling SIRI and putting every penny I had into UAUA betting crude would fall, and UAUA would pop. I just did not have the balls to pull the trigger.

The best advice I can give you, is to find your own niche and run with it. We all see the same thing from a different point of view, so go with what works for you, and don't listen to anyone else. Including me,

If I see anything that works for me I will post it here and try to explain my reasons for it.

Have a good night and weekend!! Later!!

Mentor
    01-23-2009, 03:20 AM #50
    Hey, I would like to get everyones opinion on a stock that I play around with...

CTGI.OB. very interesting products (me being in the medical field, it helps and I can understand what is going on) and has the capability to be revolutionary in the medical field. A little too diverse though, and no income.

It has plummeted from its highs (which I sold on for a 4x bagger, buying at 0.32 and selling at 1.35ish but missing the high of 1.50ish) and is now sitting at like 20 cents a share. Nothing has changed except for the economy and money availability. Take a look and see what you all think. Don't look at technicals, Im sure they look like a nightmare...

Page 5 of 52 ... 3456715 ...