Page 1 of 3 123
    Mentor
    01-15-2009, 10:55 PM #1

Verizon buys 478,035 shares of SIRI......

Can this report be verified with public filings? Why would Verizon be buying SIRI stock?

http://www.ceoreportcards.com/2009/0...s-of-siriusxm/

Verizon Purchases an additional 231,614 Shares of Sirius/XM
    Posted on 15 January 2009

On November 12, 2008, Verizon Communications purchased an additional 231,614
    shares of SIRIUS/XM (SIRI) common shares bringing the total stake to 478,035
    shares.

Guru
    01-15-2009, 11:14 PM #2
    can only be good news if true

Enthusiast
    01-15-2009, 11:44 PM #3

mwa ah ah ah ah !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    Can this report be verified with public filings? Why would Verizon be buying SIRI stock?

http://www.ceoreportcards.com/2009/0...s-of-siriusxm/

Verizon Purchases an additional 231,614 Shares of Sirius/XM
    Posted on 15 January 2009

On November 12, 2008, Verizon Communications purchased an additional 231,614
    shares of SIRIUS/XM (SIRI) common shares bringing the total stake to 478,035
    shares.
    it only gets better from here. Verizon is in the works to be a partner of SIRI in the near future. i can see it , 5 years from now , the best in wireless will have the best in radio. its available on most phones already , but , Verizon is not " thinking outside the box " , they're thinking about the global box , as i predicted. once again , kids move technology , not adults. and yes kids don't have money to buy what their older siblings or parents have , but their influence of loving music and always wanting to be in the know pushes us and everybody around us to have the latest and greatest. hence the big boom of cell phone mania , wireless networks want to have as many perks as possible since the kids are gonna get cell phones regardless of what services or features it offers. its all about what's cool and " and i also have the SRadio package. i hate to say it , we might make some money in this stock in ten years. '

end of transmission

Addict
    01-16-2009, 12:07 AM #4
    About a $30,000 investment that is questionable ...why? Will they be buying the company out with all the cash they have?

Addict
    01-16-2009, 12:39 AM #5
    Don't get too excited.

Ya'll have to understand that all these corporations play the markets too.

GE in example trades commercial paper. Chesapeake (the oil independent producer) plays the oil futures not only as a hedger but as a speculator too.

Most banks play in the FOREX and the FUTURES markets.

500K shares of SIRI is pocket change for them these days. I can buy, me Siriusowner, about 2 times that many tomorrow and I would be just warming up...

Guru
    01-16-2009, 12:45 AM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    Don't get too excited.

Ya'll have to understand that all these corporations play the markets too.

GE in example trades commercial paper. Chesapeake (the oil independent producer) plays the oil futures not only as a hedger but as a speculator too.

Most banks play in the FOREX and the FUTURES markets.

500K shares of SIRI is pocket change for them these days. I can buy, me Siriusowner, about 2 times that many tomorrow and I would be just warming up...
    i know its pocket change but i still think its a GOOD sign that big institutions are investing in siri, they have to see some kinda upside to be doing it. My god sirius owner you have so much money. Can I touch it?

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    01-16-2009, 01:11 AM #7
    Siriusowner,

Did you not say in a previous post that you were a starving student and had no job? Just curious that's all.

Long Sirius ~~~

01-16-2009, 08:27 AM #8

Verizon

can someone please explain to me why Verizon spending roughly 30k on common stock is considered "good news" for us longs??

i can understand if they bought 200 mil shares....but really, come on guys...

Addict
    01-16-2009, 10:35 AM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
    Siriusowner,

Did you not say in a previous post that you were a starving student and had no job? Just curious that's all.

Long Sirius ~~~
    You are mistaking me. I am not a student.

Addict
    01-16-2009, 10:36 AM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by MBD529 View Post
    can someone please explain to me why Verizon spending roughly 30k on common stock is considered "good news" for us longs??

i can understand if they bought 200 mil shares....but really, come on guys...
    Speculating... Why would you buy Sirius shares ?

Page 1 of 3 123