Page 3 of 3 123
    01-15-2009, 05:52 PM #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    The exact information regarding March 1st:
    JPMorgan and Evercore working on overall financing plan
    3 areas of activity:
    Operational improvements
    Existing debt holder discussions
    Thanks Newman, that's what I thought... it doesn't say that they were looking to get rid -- or refinance all by March 1st -- it only says that that JPM and Evercore were working on several items, including Operational improvements; Existing debt holder discussions; and New investor discussions... and as we can see, it says nothing about them looking to refinance ALL of the expiring debt by March 1. But rather, it says that they were looking to complete these 3 areas by March 1.

...and I point out that "Existing debt holder discussions" is a rather broad statement. It doesn't mean that they were looking to refinance all by March 1, just complete this part of the discussions. If I remember correctly, this statement was then discussed on this board with several speculating that wouldn't it be nice if they DID complete it all by then, not that they were looking to.

I also point out, that this is how this management gets maligned... perhaps some instances -- justly, but more often than - unjustly. Karmazin was blasted on this thread for promising to refinance all by March 1 -- when he never said it. Which leads me to quote a good friend of mine who used to say, "Message boards are wonderful tools, but they are not the real world."

------
    Last edited by homer985; 01-15-2009 at 05:56 PM.

Guru
    01-15-2009, 06:10 PM #22
    okay okay i made a mistake, in no way do i mean to malign (who the hell uses that word lol) good ole karmazin, i think he is the right man for the job i just had the wrong info.
    plz forgive me o mighty homer, god of weird and random ass quotes

01-15-2009, 06:38 PM #23
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    okay okay i made a mistake, in no way do i mean to malign (who the hell uses that word lol) good ole karmazin, i think he is the right man for the job i just had the wrong info.
    plz forgive me o mighty homer, god of weird and random ass quotes
    FWIW, I was not referencing your post in my comments, but the other poster who took the claim and used it to malign Karmazin -- I said malign, because it is a perfect description of the intent of that persons post.

Main Entry: malign
    Function: transitive verb
    Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French maligner to act maliciously, from Late Latin malignari, from Latin malignus
    Date: 15th century

: to utter injuriously misleading or false reports about : speak evil of

-----

Guru
    01-15-2009, 07:21 PM #24
    injuriously, pfff come on now lol

Page 3 of 3 123