Page 8 of 18 ... 678910 ...
    Mentor
    01-14-2009, 05:37 PM #71
    SIRI files new 8-K.......

Stock exchanged for 13 million in debt....

http://secfilings.nasdaq.com/filingF...14%2F2009&pdf=

Item 3.02 Unregistered Sales of Equity Securities.

We have agreed to issue an aggregate of 100,000,000 shares of our common stock, par value $0.001 per share, in exchange for $13,000,000 principal amount of our 2˝% Convertible Notes due 2009 (the “2˝% Notes”) beneficially owned by institutional holders. After giving effect to these exchanges, $174,588,000 aggregate principal amount of the 2˝% Notes remain outstanding.

We will not receive any cash proceeds as a result of the exchange of our common stock for the 2˝% Notes, which notes will be retired and cancelled. We executed these transactions to reduce our debt and interest cost, increase our equity, and improve our balance sheet. We may engage in additional exchanges in respect of our outstanding indebtedness if and as favorable opportunities arise.

The issuance of the shares of our common stock will be made pursuant to the exemption from the registration requirements of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, contained in Section 3(a)(9) of such Act.

Mentor
    01-14-2009, 05:55 PM #72
    Apple (AAPL) is halted.....Steve Jobs taking medical leave. Stock will resume trading at 5pm eastern time.

Mentor
    01-14-2009, 06:15 PM #73
    =DJ Apple CEO Jobs To Take Medical Leave Until June; COO To Lead

DOW JONES NEWSWIRES
    Ę Apple Inc. (AAPL) Chief Executive Steve Jobs will take a medical leave of absence until the end of June, saying curiosity about his health was too distracting for the company, as he named Chief Operating Officer Tim Cook to lead Apple's day-to-day operations. Ę "As CEO, I plan to remain involved in major strategic decisions while I am out," he wrote in an email to Apple employees. Ę Apple shares were recently down 7.9% at $78.55 in late trading. Ę Jobs also said his health-related issues "are more complex than I originally thought." Jobs didn't give any more details about his condition in a company statement, but CNBC cited technology industry executives who have expressed dire concerns about Jobs' health. Ę Last week, looking to quell speculation, he said he was suffering from a hormonal imbalance. A survivor of a rare form of pancreatic cancer, Jobs' apparent weight loss shocked the investment community last summer, and rumors about his health have helped make the company's stock volatile for months. Speculation kicked into high gear last month with his unexpected decision to pull out of the high-profile MacWorld trade show. Ę Jobs is viewed as a mastermind of American business since his triumphant return to Apple in 1997. Since then, the company turned from a niche player in personal computers to a maker of gotta-have tech gadgets like the iPhone and iPod. Apple now is the No. 3 PC maker in the U.S. with a nearly 18% share. Ę Apple has said it has a succession plan, and some at the MacWorld expo said they believed Jobs' eventual successor has to come from inside the company.

Ę -By Kathy Shwiff, Dow Jones Newswires; 201-938-5975; kathy.shwiff@dowjones.com

Ę (END) Dow Jones NewswiresĘ January 14, 2009 17:04 ET

Mentor
    01-14-2009, 07:25 PM #74
    Sirius XM Radio Inc.
    Jan. 14, 2009 Market Close: $ 0.12

After Hours Trade Reporting

After Hours
    Last: $ .122
    After Hours
    High: $ .1267
    After Hours
    Volume: 733,774
    After Hours
    Low: $ .1203

01-14-2009, 07:29 PM #75
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    welcome to the forum dude! i think we gotta wait till after inaug for another bounce up
    Thanks. I tossed $500 at SIRI as a spec at .13.

Have to see how the market responds to the news from late this afternoon. Last I saw we were up 1.5% after hours ...

Addict
    01-14-2009, 11:22 PM #76
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusHope View Post
    May test .11 by this friday going into the weekend and Monday 19th holiday.
    Seems I maybe correct that the bottom will be tested again in next few trading sessions. IF is is at .10 or .11 I will take another plunge for 6000 shares to bring my total to 20,000 for an avg of .5825 ...IMO this stock will reach 1.00+ over next 9-12 months. BK seems slim to none at this point as indicated by recent stock swaps of 175 Million $$$ towards debt repayment. Good Luck to all LONGS.

Guru
    01-15-2009, 02:03 AM #77

Bear bounce

These are just grueling thoughts from my mind (thinking out loud, so just take it for that...thanks):

There should be a bear bounce coming sometime in the near future...just don't know when yet.

It will be an upsurge, but relatively short in duration. Just look for the gains heading to going over the 9 day and 50 day MA on the DOW.

After the bounce, it is time to get the hell out and fast, unless the uptrend continues in a slow and orderly fashion with much greater volume than before.

What shorters are hoping for is the bounce so they can get set up to start shorting immediately afterward, to kill the suckers still buying or holding.

All the recent trading has been on low volume and the shorts are not as easy to come by (I know this will draw flak!, maybe especially from Apex, lol, but hear me out if you are the least bit interested).

The market is getting oversold now as demonstrated today. What I am saying is not a guarantee, but it is something to be completely concerned about. After this bounce, we will travel down more. So be cautious if this happens in the near future, as you can get sucked in thinking things are rosy toesy again. Watch the 9 and 50 day MA on the exchanges.

Remember, two days ago, the market was overbought. When you take two days and it goes from overbought to oversold, that shows that the volume is very low. This is what makes some stocks like SIRI, CY, LVLT, ABK and more, a pissing war.

The bounce could be very short lived and I would say a day or two. I think taking the 9 day MA as resistance and the 50 day MA as an uptrend would be the safest way to go. Watch it past the 9 day and be paranoid up to and through the 50, because it may not last. Once it gets through 50, if fast, then sell! If it is good growth and slow through the 50, then you can re-assess.

Slow growth through the 9 and through the 50 is best. You just have to calculate the speed to tell if it will be bullish or bearish for what period of time.

Shorters, not all of them, but lots of them, are starting to get their heuvos squeezed! Ya! lol

Just my thoughts, any comments or questions are welcomed, so are criticisms, but give some backup for criticisms so we can all learn. Questions are free. We can have fun with this.

Putting my Ouija board away for the night.

8130 - 8150 has been like a springboard, if enough investors get in we could get a bounce.

1490 has been the support level for the NAS, if it all fails tomorrow, then 1450 could be our new support level with 1490 as resistance.

Have a great trading day! I hope we have our shorts left when it is over with.

Night
    Last edited by billhart22; 01-15-2009 at 10:12 AM.

Mentor
    01-15-2009, 04:32 AM #78
    Maybe if we all pray hard enough, God will give Mel a check for a billion to pay off the '09 debt. To be honest, I'd rather have that check...

http://radio.about.com/od/opinionpieces/a/aa011509a.htm

Writing to the Radio God
    By Corey Deitz

"Anyway, since you’re omniscient and all, I was wondering about a few things. First of all, that satellite radio merger. WTF? I mean I was supposed to be happier when it was done and I’m not. You probably know I lost some favorite channels and inherited a few others I sorely hate. Seriously: who in the hell is “Cousin Brucie” and why does he keep playing “The Theme from a Summer Place”? Please give their CEO a check for $1 Billion dollars so he can pay off the SIRIUS XM debt and restore some normalcy there."

Mentor
    01-15-2009, 04:34 AM #79
    Ouch...

http://www.google.com/hostednews/can...31K9ZrpPtmKL_Q

XM Canada nearly doubles first quarter net loss to $31.5 million on currency impact

TORONTO — Canadian Satellite Radio Holdings Inc., parent company of XM Canada, TSX:XSR), says it nearly doubled its net loss in the fiscal 2009 first quarter on a big currency loss, but sharply increased revenues.
    The company said late Wednesday its net loss ballooned to $31.5 million or 66 cents a share for the three months ended Nov. 30. That compared with a loss of $16.2 million or 34 cents a share for the same period the previous year.
    However, revenue in the quarter rose 53 per cent to $12.5 million from $8.1 million.
    The Toronto company, which holds its annual meeting Thursday, said its loss reflected a $17.3 million foreign exchange loss in the quarter. That reversed a $4.4 million currency gain for the same period the previous year.
    Revenue growth reflected an expanded subscriber base and a six per cent year over year increase in average monthly subscription revenue per subscriber to $11.94, the company said.
    "Despite prevailing economic headwinds, our performance continued to improve in the first quarter of 2009, reflecting the successful execution of our business strategy," Michael Moskowitz, president and CEO, said after stock markets closed Wednesday.
    "Over the past year, we have made prudent strategic decisions to reduce costs and to drive revenue through high return initiatives aimed at growing automotive, optimizing the aftermarket and engendering loyalty. We believe our solid foundation, focused strategy and ability to generate positive cash will help us continue to deliver results and mitigate the impact of a challenging economic climate."

Mentor
    01-15-2009, 04:37 AM #80
    http://www.247wallst.com/2009/01/sirius-xm-trade.html

January 14, 2009
    SIRIUS XM Trades Equity For Debt, A Penny at a Time (SIRI)

SIRUS XM Radio Inc. (NASDAQ: SIRI) issued a statement after the close showing how the company is taking tiny steps to trim its debt balances. Every penny of debt it can shed helps its overall negotiating position with creditors as it seeks to refinance. Unfortunately, this comes with only more dilution to common shareholders.

The company plans to issue an aggregate of 100,000,000 shares of common stock in exchange for $13,000,000 principal amount of its 2.50% convertible notes due 2009 beneficially owned by institutional holders. After the exchanges, SIRIUS XM said it will have $174,588,000 aggregate principal amount of the notes that will still remain outstanding.

The company will not receive any cash proceeds. The notes exchanged will be retired and canceled.

The company stated that it executed these transactions to cut debt and interest costs, increase equity, and improve the balance sheet. Mel Karmazin and friends are willing to do more of these deals. The filing stated, "We may engage in additional exchanges in respect of our outstanding indebtedness if and as favorable opportunities arise." In other words, if you are a noteholder you can probably reach a deal with the company. If you want to.

Jon C. Ogg
    January 14, 2009

Page 8 of 18 ... 678910 ...