01-12-2009, 02:41 PM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    Prove it...

going to have to agree with s.o. for once

PROVE IT!!!!

Mentor
    01-12-2009, 02:54 PM #12
    Are you using simple or exponential MA's ? I am using SMA's, I do not see those dates you have as the price breaking the 15 day MA on my chart (which is home). I do not have the chart in front of me but I remember that it may have touched it and bounce off but not broke it.

Trendlines can be broken even if the stock is trading sideways or consolidating. Breaking a trendline does not mean the stock will reverse. Trendlines tend to give you more fake signals because of the way the analyst draws them. I know when you draw a trendline it has to touch 4 or 5 peaks. SIRI has broke several downtrend lines thru the last 6 months just to keep heading South. I do not trust trend lines as much as MA's and oscillators.

UPDATE: I just draw a new chart. It looks like it will test the 15 day SMA today. I was wrong, SIRI bounced off the 30 day SMA Friday not the 20 day SMA. This stock is trading in such a narrow channel that the difference between the 15 and 30 day SMA is only 1 cent.
    Siriusowner,

It's always the SMA unless specified otherwise. I was using the 15 day SMA just like you, but SIRI also broke the 15 day EMA a bunch of times too. They were head fakes every time. If you don't see SIRI crossing the 15 day SMA on the dates I listed above, you might have inaccurate charting data....

The 50, 100, and 200 DMA are much more significant than the 15 DMA...

Trying to use technical analysis with a manipulated stock like SIRI is tough, but I do think useful....

Guru
    01-12-2009, 03:06 PM #13

Quit beating your heads against the wall

Here is the story:

The stock is NOT being manipulated.

The market has been slightly overbought and the sellers are selling, and there isn't much shorting going on.

People are kicked back and not buying very much.

All of my stocks look the same today, going sideways, so actually SIRI is fairing well by comparison.

Trying to figure out where SIRI is going today is just where it is...give or take a little.

At least it isn't crashing...

So, you can relax.

Have a groovy afternoon.

Bill
    Last edited by billhart22; 01-12-2009 at 03:09 PM.

Mentor
    01-12-2009, 03:15 PM #14
    Overbought?

With SIRI and the market down this much year to date, it needs to be "overbought" a lot more just to get back to where it was....

Am I the only one that thinks that the stock has been manipulated?

I'm thinking it might be manipulated back up too....
    Last edited by Demian; 01-12-2009 at 03:17 PM.

Mentor
    01-12-2009, 03:29 PM #15
    If you guys didn't catch the Audiovox conference call today, here is what the CEO said about the new deal with SIRI....

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1143...all-transcript

"....we are proud to add alliances with Sirius XM, Sony Playstation, and Qualcomm’s Media FLO that will provide us tools to continue to deliver on our promise.

There are reasons these industry giants have chosen Audiovox as their partner. We are a strong company with a great portfolio of respected brands. We can react quickly to market situations and can bring enough resources to any partnership.

Our stability, financial strength, and commitment to this industry have been our hallmark for over 45 years. We announced a new agreement with Sirius XM satellite radio. Audiovox has had a long-standing relationship with XM and in the past has been a supplier to Sirius as well.

With this new agreement in place we will become the new merged company’s primary supplier of both XM and Sirius satellite radio products in the aftermarket and we expect this new agreement to more then double our sales in fiscal 2010.

We believe satellite radio is a very viable and competitive technology that will continue to grow. With this two-year agreement we have secured our position as the number one aftermarket hardware supplier for the category.

In fiscal 2009 we expect to do about $50 million in satellite sales and next year this should exceed $100 million. There will be a fixed margin similar to the distribution agreement we entered into with XM in 2005.

Higher overall sales however should enable us to better leverage our overhead structure and generate higher gross profit dollars."

Audiovox shares are spiking today - up about 18%....
    Last edited by Demian; 01-12-2009 at 03:34 PM.

Guru
    01-12-2009, 03:48 PM #16

Yes, overbought

Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    Overbought?

With SIRI and the market down this much year to date, it needs to be "overbought" a lot more just to get back to where it was....

Am I the only one that thinks that the stock has been manipulated?

I'm thinking it might be manipulated back up too....
    Yes, the market in general was slightly overbought. Last week there were big runs on lots of stocks, which is a bearish sign in a bear market. Now everything is settling down for a bit, stocks are paying for it and are going sideways.

As far as SIRIUS, or any other stock, it can certainly be manipulated up or down for a short period of time.

You are very right that there has to be more buyers to make SIRI tick, but people panic on the way down and sell. They are not so enthusiastic to help drive it back up unless it starts a healthy or fast uptrend, then they will jump on the bandwagon and throw money at it even on the way back down for a short time.

Once it levels out, like SIRI, then people aren't so prone to help driving it up unless something happens. If anything happens that is positive, they will be back with the cash. How do you get people enthusiastic again? Beats the hell out of me!

You are right, it is going to take a tremendous amount of buying for SIRI to get back to where it was, and also a whole bunch of time, not to mention some positive events to help make it happen.

In the meantime, I, personally, am not getting worked up about it, because there is not anything that I can reasonably do to help at this point. I wish there was something that I could do, but there isn't.

Mentor
    01-12-2009, 04:32 PM #17
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Yes, the market in general was slightly overbought. Last week there were big runs on lots of stocks, which is a bearish sign in a bear market. Now everything is settling down for a bit, stocks are paying for it and are going sideways.
    The market was down all of last week - how can you say that the market is overbought???

How can you say that the market is going sideways now with the DOW down 142 ???

Addict
    01-12-2009, 05:05 PM #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    Siriusowner,

It's always the SMA unless specified otherwise. I was using the 15 day SMA just like you, but SIRI also broke the 15 day EMA a bunch of times too. They were head fakes every time. If you don't see SIRI crossing the 15 day SMA on the dates I listed above, you might have inaccurate charting data....

The 50, 100, and 200 DMA are much more significant than the 15 DMA...

Trying to use technical analysis with a manipulated stock like SIRI is tough, but I do think useful....
    I forgot to mention, the SMA's will plot differently in the 60 minutes and the daily charts.

The 50 day SMA maybe uselful, the 100 and 200 day are useless for the time being. They are too far away from the price action.

NOTE: Since I am not daytrading these days, I am using a non-live telechart Gold program for $30.00 per month. I have to update it each time I open it but it is acurate. I lost E*Trade Pro because I basically stopped trading during the last quarter due to the turmoil and E*Trade charges $99.00 per month or 30 trades per quarter to use it, but since I slowed down trading what is the use ?
    Also, since I am not daytrading but more like swing, momentum, hold and see type of trading these days, I do not use any intraday charts... Only daily or weekly charts.
    Last edited by Siriusowner; 01-12-2009 at 05:08 PM.

Mentor
    01-12-2009, 05:05 PM #19
    SIRI closed down at .132 - brought down on the final tick....

16:00:04 $ .132 398
    15:59:59 $ .134 7,000
    15:59:58 $ .134 1,000

Mentor
    01-12-2009, 05:12 PM #20
    The SMA's will plot differently in the 60 minutes and the daily charts.

I updated the data but it is still the same, the software does have a feature where you can shift the SMA to the left... Why ? I do not know but when I select that option then the price has broken the 15 day SMA several times, but that is an option not the standard.
    I would contact your chart provider and either have them explain how to use their software correctly or demand a refund for bad data...

Page 2 of 18 123412 ...