01-11-2009, 06:28 PM #1

At&t & sat radio license

The following was copy & pasted from another site (link below) I thought it was interesting question and wanted to hear some answers.

http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/at...cast.html#more

I don't understand what the Satellite Radio License does for SIRI XM if anybody can just rent satellite space and broadcast radio via satellite. What were all of the "Monopoly" allegations about then?

Anybody?

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    01-11-2009, 06:52 PM #2
    Does anyone see this a major threat to SIRI??? Is this competition going to be bad or good for the company?

Long Sirius ~~~

"The individual investor should act consistently as an investor and not as a speculator. This means.. that he should be able to justify every purchase he makes and each price he pays by impersonal, objective reasoning that satisfies him that he is getting more than his money's worth for his purchase."

Guru
    01-11-2009, 08:47 PM #3

The plain truth of investments

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
    "The individual investor should act consistently as an investor and not as a speculator. This means.. that he should be able to justify every purchase he makes and each price he pays by impersonal, objective reasoning that satisfies him that he is getting more than his money's worth for his purchase."
    Hopeful, I have NEVER seen wiser words pertaining to investing!

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    01-11-2009, 08:53 PM #4
    Hey Billhart22,

Thanks for reading my post. However those are not my wise words. Sorry I forgot to put the name of the person who spoke that quote after it. You should be praising Benjamin Graham!

Long Sirius ~~~

Banned
    01-11-2009, 09:22 PM #5
    So how long is it going to be for AT&T to acquire a license to transmit TV and radio?? They surely don't think that the FCC is going to not bother them, do they? Especially when they talk about using the WCS spectrum (adjacent to SDARS and potentially interfering) for retransmission.

Enthusiast
    01-11-2009, 10:10 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by jmm232 View Post
    So how long is it going to be for AT&T to acquire a license to transmit TV and radio?? They surely don't think that the FCC is going to not bother them, do they? Especially when they talk about using the WCS spectrum (adjacent to SDARS and potentially interfering) for retransmission.
    Both AT&T and Verizon have large chunks of the 700 Mhz band that they will eventually be using for data. The thing about data is it can be internet service, TV Service, Music Service. I would love to see Sirius XM aquired by AT&T in an all stock deal. The question would be the price.

I am long AT&T and Sirius XM. I have no position in Verizon