Page 1 of 3 123
    01-09-2009, 03:24 PM #1

Howards Recent Comments on Subs Canceling ..

While SIRI is not moving much as of late, does anyone think his recent comments on his show about not caring if subs cancel is going to have any change in the perception of the company or it's future ?

My 2 cents has always been for the greater good, the large payout contracts like Stern and others should be re-worked. Reduce the debt, make the company attractive to investors ( the bond idea doesn't sound bad ). Also, they have been cutting the fat, but still more needs to be done.

I was a subscriber for 5 years, and I just canceled my 2 radios last night. I can't get the quality of service anywhere else, but I can get FM, CD's and my ipod for free or a lot less than the $250 a year i paid to SIRI.

Mentor
    01-09-2009, 03:46 PM #2
    You are in the minority.....most subs are not canceling.

Did they offer you free months when you canceled?

01-09-2009, 04:22 PM #3
    They did not.

Addict
    01-09-2009, 04:54 PM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by nserafini View Post
    While SIRI is not moving much as of late, does anyone think his recent comments on his show about not caring if subs cancel is going to have any change in the perception of the company or it's future ?

My 2 cents has always been for the greater good, the large payout contracts like Stern and others should be re-worked. Reduce the debt, make the company attractive to investors ( the bond idea doesn't sound bad ). Also, they have been cutting the fat, but still more needs to be done.

I was a subscriber for 5 years, and I just canceled my 2 radios last night. I can't get the quality of service anywhere else, but I can get FM, CD's and my ipod for free or a lot less than the $250 a year i paid to SIRI.
    To be honest NO...He said he didn't care if people cancel if they weren't happy with the Bubba deal because they are suppose to be here for Him...Howard..I can see reworking Some deals like Opra if it doesn't pay.. But if you did the math you would know Howard is a cash cow...You are right there is still alot to be done which they are working on that and making great progress...As a fellow sirius listener and investor I hate to see you go but...I think your making a mistake and will be spending much more than that..and still wont be happy...But good Luck to you!!

Enthusiast
    01-09-2009, 06:56 PM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    You are in the minority.....most subs are not canceling.

Did they offer you free months when you canceled?

Well I sure hope MOST subs are not cancelling. In my opinion Sirius can't afford any increase in the cancellation rate.

It is good for Bubba if people cancel. Sirius will realize his value to the company and possibly pay up to get him back on.

Banned
    01-09-2009, 07:12 PM #6
    Some of you guys need to get it through your head: This may be what Bubba wants.

He is complaining about working too much, so now he gets to be home with his family more on 4 days. And he still gets some cash for syndication. If Sirius gives him more money, he is still working 2 jobs (terrestrial and sat). He is still under contracts he signed with terrestrial. This may be just what he wanted for now.

01-09-2009, 08:08 PM #7
    There is no chance that this is what he wanted. If all things were equal as far as compensation goes, he certainly would have chosen Sirius XM over Terrestrial.

Banned
    01-10-2009, 01:56 AM #8
    He is under new contracts on terrestrial. He chose to enter into those contracts. Maybe if he was making more on Sirius, he would not be doing the terrestrial gig, but that is not the case. If he was worried only about money, he should have waited to work things out with Sirius before signing anywhere else.

My point is he had a few options when he re-signed with Sirius:
    1) Do not sign and go with terrestrial only. Less money than before.
    2) Sign with Sirius and break contracts with terrestrial. Expensive and may not be worth it.
    3) Sign with Sirius and work both gigs like a dog for the length of the contracts.
    4) Sign with Sirius, and rebroadcast terrestrial. Get paid for terrestrial and also for rebroadcast. Spend more time with family.

Of all the options, #4 was probably best for him and his family. He still works with terrestrial and does not cost any money in breaking contracts. He gets to spend time with the family. Sure he makes less money, but how much? Who knows

Guru
    01-10-2009, 04:21 AM #9

Reality Check

Reality check, people...most people don't give a damn about Stern or Bubba...they like, ready for this? Music.

I believe they way overpay people like Stern and Bubba, etc.

I listen to the blues station and raw dog, not to mention Blue Collar radio when that dweeb on Sunday nights is on until 11:00 with his alternative comedy.

Stern and Bubba are really NOT the two most pertinent programming sectors on SIRI. They are actually for 13-25 year olds. After that age, you should be getting enough sex that you don't need their fantasies.

If not, then get a grip on yourself!

Night and peace,

Bill

Enthusiast
    01-10-2009, 10:26 AM #10
    I actually prefer listening to talk radio. I don't care much about listening to music. And I would never pay a monthly subscription to listen to just music.

Page 1 of 3 123