01-08-2009, 09:31 PM #1

Apple's tiered pricing, No DRM, and 3G speeds...

Anyone have any thoughts on Apple's recent changes to Itunes? From the Apple heads I know, the talk (no proof yet) is most of the past 3 decade's "good songs" will be 1.29 while only the eccentric stuff will be .69 cents. I don't see why people would still spend sooo much time screwing around with MP3s, downloading, backing up, categorizing, moving, sorting, correcting ID3 tags, etc when you can get a full month of SiriusXM for less then 15 songs. That's so 1999. Doesn't the Xmp3 have the ability to save music? Anyone know the format it's stored in?

I guess I'm preaching to the choir. Here's hoping this does equal a defacto price increase and people start to look more favorably at the alternatives, ie. SatRad.

Link below but Google has much more

http://www.fastcompany.com/blog/kit-...g-3g-downloads

Head Honcho
    01-08-2009, 11:47 PM #2
    As soon as I saw this, I thought it was good news for Sirius XM and other streaming subscription services. $1.29 per track isn't exactly a good deal, in fact, now that artists are putting out 16 track albums or better yet double cd sets, it is now cheaper to order the CD from amazon.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder