Page 2 of 2 12
    Guru
    01-06-2009, 08:46 PM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    Seeing that this the stock forum... It is about time that Sirius has become finacialy responsible when it comes to signing talet. For way to long everyone has been stating how the company has over paid for Oprah, Howard, Martha ect. They had to change it somehow and these moves are the start of the company controlling content cost and driving towards profits I say graet start!
    I agree with you some guy, the only guy worth his high pay is howard, but i dont know if they have changed their way's cause it was not that long ago that they got mad dog, will have to see when martha and all those dumb ass contracts come up.

01-06-2009, 09:10 PM #12
    Trip good point only difference I see is that sat radio wants to push sports. They needed a "big" name guy to help along the way

Guru
    01-06-2009, 09:34 PM #13
    i thought we already had alot of sports, except maybe the nba. is mad dog really bringing that many people?

01-06-2009, 10:46 PM #14
    Yeah all the sports are there I think they were looking for a name for their talk radio station to bring them all together. Personaly I love the sports Sirius has to offer I don't know much about Mad dog as I have never heard him. But they did get more pres out of it than they have ever got from buba.

Addict
    01-07-2009, 11:00 PM #15

Let's get real about bubba

How this for a thought...Bubba is now #1 in Tampa....In those parts of Florida the avg. income is only $45,000 per year...Maybe those people cant afford Sirius they would rather have a 12 pack of bud...So even though he was well known on Sirius nobody knew him in that parts of florida...until he started doing free radio again and he did moved up pretty fast and became popular to the people who he lives and associates with. Also of course the family time he was losing working all those hours doing both Sirius and free radio..

So maybe it wasnt only about the money....might of been about the ego.. Anyway Good Luck To Bubba!

Guru
    01-07-2009, 11:14 PM #16
    I have been thinking about this and you sparked a thought...maybe with Bubba being relatively young (40) but with a following and some experience and Howard getting up there in age (55) maybe keeping bubba available to a larger free audience for a while will help build his following before he completely jumps to Sirius as Howard's heir.

Yes I believe you heard it here first (unless you read the other thread where I said similar)

Head Honcho
    01-08-2009, 12:15 AM #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Sworntwofun View Post
    How this for a thought...Bubba is now #1 in Tampa....In those parts of Florida the avg. income is only $45,000 per year...Maybe those people cant afford Sirius they would rather have a 12 pack of bud
    Its all relative, my dad's house in Florida is larger then mine and he paid 4 times less. He earns less of a living then I do and has far more disposable income.

That is obviously only one example but you get the point. Is there any national measure of disposable income? I don't know how the hell they would measure it but, it would be interesting if they did. Maybe some kind of income vs cost of living measure???
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    01-08-2009, 04:12 AM #18
    Charles, I understand exactly what you are saying.

I just recently moved to Dallas, TX for work. I got a very nice pay increase by doing so, but in the process, my rent doubled and everything is much more expensive. I just drove back to my old home this week. Gas was selling for 1.25 a gallon. Drive back to Dallas, it is 1.69, nearly 40% more expensive. Though I am making more annually, my cost of living has increased, and I actually have less disposable income.

As far as Bubba: I don't like the whole deal. The way that Sirius crawled around the whole renewal, were not upfront about the terms with the fans, etc etc etc. This was not Bubba's doing, it was Sirius, and I blame them and no one else.

What the hell is the purpose of keeping him live 1 day a week? Why play a terrestrial replay? By getting this deal, is Bubba able to promote Sirius on his terrestrial show? I doubt it. Why keep him on at all? If it is because he has such a loyal following, then he should have been paid for a 5 day a week show.

The deal just makes no sence at all. Perhaps he is being strung along to replace Howard in 2 years. That is the ONLY thing that MIGHT make SOME sence.

Guru
    01-08-2009, 08:25 AM #19
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Maybe some kind of income vs cost of living measure???
    I believe it really is just "cost of living". I have used this in the past its fun to play around with this calculator http://www.bankrate.com/brm/movecalc.asp The best move I think is from California or New york to Alabama.

Although I agree with those that say howard is a media hog, he is getting up in his years and i don't think he wants to look like Imus.

I guess I should listen to bubbas show some time to be able to give a good opinion, does anyone who listens to bubba think bubba COULD take over for Howard? Bubba's new contract is for 2 years correct?

Page 2 of 2 12