Page 1 of 2 12
    Guru
    01-06-2009, 04:48 PM #1

Let's get real about bubba

Let me start off by saying that i am a huge fan of the uncensored version of the show, and i will be giving the new version a chance. I found the first show to be hard to listen too and abruptly stopped listening, atm i cant wait for the next show to see what bubba has to say which im sure everybody else is thinking the same, if he can manage to turn this shit storm into good radio today he might be able to pull himself out of this.

Now I cannot blame bubba, i blame sirius, particulary whoever had the idea to hire mad dog russo and pay him all that money, im pretty sure this rubbed alot of talent the wrong way who were getting ALOT less and who had put in alot of time and had a proven track record. Not to mention this money could of gone towards bubba's crew coming back live on sirius. I also heard today jim breuer has left sirius, i am a giant fan of breuer too, wouldnt be suprised if he was asking around the amount that mad dog gets if not somewhere close as well. I do not see the reasoning in hiring mad dog for all that money, but then again i find sports talk radio extremely boring.

To sum it up i think we will get the old show back eventually, when you say? whenever your investment starts to make money if ur an investor like me. If you think about it, it's better than them not resigning bubba, you know all his fans would be searching for his fm show online anyway just too know what he's up too from time to time, at least this way you can still catch up with him on sirius.

Head Honcho
    01-06-2009, 06:34 PM #2
    It was great to listen to Howard yell out "go listen to Breuer" to a caller, only to have the guys in the back room notify him that Jim Breuer was no longer with Sirius XM. He won't ever admit it but you could her the dejection in his voice for that brief second where he realized that the company was going to hell.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    01-06-2009, 07:22 PM #3
    ok lets get real...

WHY DOES SIRIUS PAY ALL THIS OUTRAGEOUS MONEY TO TALENT!!!!!

WHY DIDN"T SIRIUS PAY BUBBA WHAT HE WANTED!!!!

Got it? good.

Banned
    01-06-2009, 07:35 PM #4
    Lets set the record straight. Mad Dog handles programming for the entire channel. 24 hours. Bubba was handling one show a day for a few hours. While I agree that maybe they could have given the guy a little more money, he is not Howard Stern and he is not Mad Dog and he is not Martha Stewart. When he works hard enough to get an entire channel to program, maybe he will make whole channel money. It's like a linebacker asking for quarterback money. Not going to happen.

Everyone is jumping the gun a bit on this one. Did you all ever think this is what Bubba wanted for now?? He is under contract with terrestrial radio to do those shows. His contract with Sirius was negotiable at the time. He wants to spend more time with his family. He obviously gets paid for the rebroadcast, so he is making money (maybe not the same) while working less. Not everyone lives in his listening audience for terrestrial. Now his fans can listen to a show, as opposed to nothing at all. Would it be a better listening experience for fans if he left Sirius altogether?

People really need to get a grip. Let the man speak on Friday and see what comes out of it. Geez. What a bunch of children.

Guru
    01-06-2009, 07:43 PM #5

why not just call it bubba 101

Quote Originally Posted by jmm232 View Post
    Lets set the record straight. Mad Dog handles programming for the entire channel. 24 hours. Bubba was handling one show a day for a few hours. While I agree that maybe they could have given the guy a little more money, he is not Howard Stern and he is not Mad Dog and he is not Martha Stewart. When he works hard enough to get an entire channel to program, maybe he will make whole channel money. It's like a linebacker asking for quarterback money. Not going to happen.

Everyone is jumping the gun a bit on this one. Did you all ever think this is what Bubba wanted for now?? He is under contract with terrestrial radio to do those shows. His contract with Sirius was negotiable at the time. He wants to spend more time with his family. He obviously gets paid for the rebroadcast, so he is making money (maybe not the same) while working less. Not everyone lives in his listening audience for terrestrial. Now his fans can listen to a show, as opposed to nothing at all. Would it be a better listening experience for fans if he left Sirius altogether?

People really need to get a grip. Let the man speak on Friday and see what comes out of it. Geez. What a bunch of children.
    why not just call it bubba 101, im not saying he deserved mad dog money, im saying mad dog didnt deserve mad dog money imo

Guru
    01-06-2009, 07:45 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    It was great to listen to Howard yell out "go listen to Breuer" to a caller, only to have the guys in the back room notify him that Jim Breuer was no longer with Sirius XM. He won't ever admit it but you could her the dejection in his voice for that brief second where he realized that the company was going to hell.
    ya that was funny, but sad at the same time

Enthusiast
    01-06-2009, 07:50 PM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by jmm232 View Post
    I second that! The amount of over-reaction I'm reading here is staggering.

Enthusiast
    01-06-2009, 08:05 PM #8

still .................

i can not believe the money they spend on radio hosts and none on tv commercials. amazing. one of my very first posts in here was about how kids move technology development. teenagers are addicted to ipods and cell phones, when i ask them about SiriusXm , they say , that's what my dad has , but i don't want one. why not ? BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW ABOUT IT OR WHAT IT HAS TO OFFER ! damn this company for being around for 10 years and i still haven't seen a tv commercial ! wheew , sorry my daily vent for the day. beer me.

Head Honcho
    01-06-2009, 08:27 PM #9
    People wonder why Sirius pays there talent so much and wont stop talking about the money involved but that isnt the issue here. That clearly isnt the issue because terrestrial radio paid him more money. Now ask yourself why they think he is worth that kind of money but Sirius XM does not?

Sirius XM is either stupid or financially screwed, either way, this company is in really bad shape. They are failing on just about every level right now with no end in sight.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

01-06-2009, 08:27 PM #10
    Seeing that this the stock forum... It is about time that Sirius has become finacialy responsible when it comes to signing talet. For way to long everyone has been stating how the company has over paid for Oprah, Howard, Martha ect. They had to change it somehow and these moves are the start of the company controlling content cost and driving towards profits I say graet start!

Page 1 of 2 12