Page 1 of 3 123
    Head Honcho
    01-06-2009, 01:31 PM #1

Howard Stern Spinning Bubba Debacle

I am tuned into the Howard Stern show today and I can not believe what I am hearing. Howard is actually trying to spin this terrestrial replay like it is no big deal.

This is the same guy that blasted XM and O&A for replaying regurgitated crap. This is getting worse and worse as the minutes tick by. It is transparent as hell that management is feeding Howard lines and he is being a good little puppet, I have now officially lost all respect for him as well. This is UGLY.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

01-06-2009, 02:06 PM #2
    Howard is now daring people who are complaining about Bubba to cancel. I can not believe what I am listening to, I am truly dumbfounded. He just told the most recent caller to more or less F#@$ off.

After 12 years of listening to Howard and 3 years of him on Sirius, I just canceled.

01-06-2009, 02:24 PM #3
    Wow things look to be turning a bit ugly. I'm trying to stay neutral at this point and just hoping any publicity is good publicity and the stock continues up.

Please keep us updated with details, thanks

Mentor
    01-06-2009, 03:20 PM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by clueless View Post
    Howard is now daring people who are complaining about Bubba to cancel. I can not believe what I am listening to, I am truly dumbfounded. He just told the most recent caller to more or less F#@$ off.

After 12 years of listening to Howard and 3 years of him on Sirius, I just canceled.
    Did they offer you any free months when you canceled?

01-06-2009, 03:26 PM #5
    They sure did, I politely declined and asked for a refund for the month of January. I suggest others do the same.

Addict
    01-06-2009, 04:20 PM #6

Howard Stern Spinning Bubba

Howard said it himself today..this is good for Bubba he gets what he wanted..time off to spend with his family which Bubba said himself is going down hill…Bubba is #1 in Tampa so he gets more money..He still gets to do a live show on Sirius on Fridays while Howards show is not live. When Bubba Goes over the line or possibly gets fired from free radio eventually he will..he can come back then and then Sirius will be in much better shape and everything will work it self out….There are still alot more to listen to on Howard 101 so if your a Bubba fan he still there and Sirius Will never be able to make everyone happy…But if you think cancelling your service is the answer ask yourself what are you gonna do then? Listen to free Radio? Who are you all kidding you are going Nowhere else!!! If so you will be the one Missing out....

Head Honcho
    01-06-2009, 04:33 PM #7
    I had an additional subscription specifically to listen to Bubba while at work, I canceled that subscription today.

Howard and Tim sounded so unbelievably stupid today that there is no possible way they believe what they are saying.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    01-06-2009, 09:02 PM #8
    i think they do, its not the end of the world. Bubba's show today wasn't that bad they had some good topics i didnt catch the whole thing but its better than nothing, i dont understand canceling your subs, not like your gonna find anything better on free radio.

Addict
    01-06-2009, 10:55 PM #9
    If a few thousand knuckleheads cancel their subs, it will cost much, much less than what Bubba wanted to stay on 5 days.

What some don't understand is that JPMorgan has a gun to Sirius heads right now and if they cannot show cost control and operating leverage, they don't get financing and they will be crushed into bankruptcy.

Head Honcho
    01-06-2009, 11:14 PM #10
    No offense guys but

1. How can people say it isn't that bad when they don't listen to the whole show and people all over the place are complaining? If you heard the sound of Howard and Tim's voices today you would know just how bad it is.

2. No one can speculate how this good could be a good move financially and no one can say that this will end up costing less then the canceled subs because none of us know how much Bubba wanted to begin with. What we all do know is that Terrestrial knew he was worth more and they were willing to pay him. Not to mention he once again expanded into more terrestrial markets.

Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    i dont understand canceling your subs, not like your gonna find anything better on free radio.
    You're right... I found the SAME EXACT THING on free radio. This is a digital age and just because you dont live in the southern markets doesn't mean that you can not tune into the live feed on Florida stations.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Page 1 of 3 123