Page 3 of 3 123
    Guru
    01-08-2009, 12:30 AM #21
    Charles, yeah Im confused too, clearly. I'm throwing out as many thoughts as I can to try to figure it out.

Allow me to explain....

Short term: Mostly I call him second class because I'm pissed, which leads me into thinking this what they want lending to hype.

Long term: I call him Howard successor because it seems so sinister for a long term plan.

Im kind of a futurist, but I also live in the present, I can see a potential path for this current situation. Make us hate him, do reasearch on him, talk about him, request him then love him (and pay for him)

Enthusiast
    01-08-2009, 12:30 AM #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Sworntwofun View Post
    I dont know what your talking about....I listened to Howards show today and didnt hear any Censoring? Artie was cursing nothing has changed on howard100...
    Alot of people are over reacting, I posted in another thread about this whole situation, right now on the replays there uncut except for skits that are pretaped (kinda hard to insert them at time) according to Orbitcast

Guru
    01-08-2009, 01:36 AM #23
    umm you guys seem to be confused at least sworntwofun is, bubba's show is now censored on howard 101 because it is a repeat of his fm show in florida, none of the channels are censored just bubba's show on 101 got it?

Enthusiast
    01-08-2009, 02:06 AM #24
    and your confused since bubba is now not censored except for pre-taped bits

Head Honcho
    01-08-2009, 02:52 AM #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Sworntwofun View Post
    I dont know what your talking about....I listened to Howards show today and didnt hear any Censoring? Artie was cursing nothing has changed on howard100...
    101 Is also Howard's Channel.

I don't know the answer to this but are there any other channels on Sirius that have bleeps?

Quote Originally Posted by demonotaku View Post
    Alot of people are over reacting, I posted in another thread about this whole situation, right now on the replays there uncut except for skits that are pretaped (kinda hard to insert them at time) according to Orbitcast
    1. People are not overreacting (my opinion from a daily listener)... the show is based around Florida now, it no longer sounds like a national radio show. I don't care about him fighting with local DJ's or local political news. Its just plain weak.

2. There are also dumps now, Sirius listeners don't get to hear stuff because Bubba has to dump stuff not fit for terrestrial radio.

3. Sure Sirius listeners get to hear the "uncut" version of their chatter but they rarely get vulgar or elude to things that are considered vulgar (and I don't just mean actual swearing) because that is not allowed by the FCC on terrestrial. My point is... there is nothing that is really "uncut" to being with.

4. The skits and bits are arguably the funnier moments of his show and they are ALL censored.

Isn't it ironic that one of the two channels we all thought we could count on being uncensored is now censored?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Addict
    01-08-2009, 12:40 PM #26
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    umm you guys seem to be confused at least sworntwofun is, bubba's show is now censored on howard 101 because it is a repeat of his fm show in florida, none of the channels are censored just bubba's show on 101 got it?
    clueless posted...I am not super worried about Bubba fans as much as I am the fact Howard Sterns channel is now censored and people are talking about it.
    I was referring to Howard ch100...I hardly ever listen to Howard ch101 anymore so i decided to listen to Bubba Broadcasting from free radio today.....now that i've listened it seems like they cleaned it up a little bit....at least untill they had a fan call in...They all jumped on him at once to remind the caller you have to watch what you say....but overall its sounds pretty good!
    Last edited by Sworntwofun; 01-08-2009 at 04:23 PM.

01-08-2009, 02:57 PM #27
    Bubba's morning show is starting to suffer.

Last year his morning show was better than the afternoon show. He started allot of local controversy and generated several lawsuits. The show is better when Bubba’s life is full of drama, even if it is just local stuff. He’s not talking as much about his local problems now which I assume is because his morning show is national. I’m getting bored and starting to stay with Howard all morning. His ratings might start to suffer if he keeps it up. He was first place last year, but that was because he was back after his hiatus and making local enemies on the air.

Bubba is an idiot. I don’t care about his view on social issues, sports or politics. I want to hear a train wreck.

01-14-2009, 04:00 PM #28

Stop bitchin' and keep listenin'

I like Bubba better now on the "censored" show. He is a risqué as ever but just can't use dirty words.

Better yet, there is now little or no gross-out "humor", just real humor.

Bottom line, as a matter of economics, Sirius is no longer able to pay what Bubba is worth. Howard revived Bubba's career, which enabled Bubba to re-enter the more lucrative world of terrestrial radio. Bubba tried to do 2 shows a day for a year, but found it physically impossible to do.

Sirius and his fans wanted to keep Bubba on satellite radio and a compromise was struck, which, like any compromise, did not fully satisfy anybody.

I find the show to be even more topical than before, and don't miss the physical and psychological humiliations that, unfortunately, became the mainstay of the show.

I agree with Howard that Bubba is as good as ever, but for the occasional bleeps. I even find that bleeping of a word is often funnier that hearing the word itself.

Page 3 of 3 123