Page 2 of 2 12
    05-15-2009, 08:02 PM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Blank-Disk View Post

I understand that it costs money to run each channel, but that money should be spent on music, not DJs and commercials, that's why i spent $600 getting my whole Sirius package together, so I wouldn't have to deal with that crap anymore. Each channel could be an iPod on shuffle for all I care, as long as my display unit tells me the band info, i don't need anyone else telling me who it is. The only reason i could see to have a DJ is for a live request show, besides that, keep em off the air and take em off the payroll. I paid that money to NOT hear interruptions.

AMEN. A good share of satellite DJs are no less annoying and full of themselves than FM DJs. The guy will the gravelly voice on XM KISS 21 is probably the worst. The ClearChannel-owned XM channels (KISS is one of them,) do the same thing you are talking about, using a recorded voice to tell you the song title and artist, despite the info being right there on the screen. I swear I always scream at my radio and say, "Yes, I know who it is, thank you!!!" And they're so arrogant with the way they go about it. It's almost condescending. They really think they are awesome and know EXACTLY what we want to hear.

But Sirius listeners should know better than anyone that if you don't like something, you have at least 100 other options. I'd fight just as hard for any other channel, whether I listen to it or not. .
    Completely agree with that too.

Guru
    05-15-2009, 08:29 PM #12

Eminem Interview

Im listening to the eminem interview....too bad for those people that aren't near an SXM radio.

watchugahndu?

05-26-2009, 08:55 AM #13

Sent today

Good Morning,

Let me start out by saying that I have been a subscriber to Sirius for several years and overall have been satisfied. Since the merger which resulted in Buzzsaw being removed I have become frustrated with the song selections on Classic Vinyl, Classic Rewind, Deep Track, and the Boneyard. The groups that were played on these stations before the merger have become a thing of the past. No more mix of Classic, Southern, Blues, Heavy Metal music. Now The Boneyard has become a steady rotation of the same groups that as a whole are great but some groups just don’t belong in that genre. Cheap Trick as well as Billy Squire and Autograph are 3 of the groups that are hardly Hard and Heavy.

When the playlists were made before the merger, the variety that was The Buzzsaw kicked ass and that’s the truth. I rarely changed the station unless one of the Artists or songs I had saved came up. Now there is no more Gator Country, Dreams, Stone Blue, Green Grass, You Could Be Mine, Tightrope, Back On The Road Again, just to name a few of my saved songs.

The Vinyl, Rewind, and Deep Tracks have just gone straight down the tubes since the merger as well. If the program managers would take a listen to the people that are listening maybe things would be different. Priest on Classic Rewind? No I don’t think so. Deep Tracks is the GREATEST disappointment of them all. When it was the vault at least they played songs that rocked. Now its just 25 minute long songs that could put a 3 year old to sleep in a matter of minutes.

Now I know that no playlist is going to make all listeners happy but The Boneyard is the first station you need to start with. Then work on the Vinyl and Rewind.

In closing I would like to say that as a whole I am not happy with Sirius/XM at all and find myself listening to more of Howard Stern and the comedy channels than the music stations. I only wish that I could spend a week with the music directors and discuss their selections. I look forward to hearing from you as well as anyone that welcomes my input.

Have a great day

06-04-2009, 03:59 PM #14
    I haven't been on these forums for quite a while because I have just about given up. I have both Sirius & XM subscriptions and I used to be an ardent supporter but I have stopped listening almost completely. I'll still keep the services as the rest of the family does listen some. I'm now streaming FNST radio from the internet & listening to podcasts.

You have all heard the story before so many times. Soul Town is unlistenable. The narrow playlist on Chan. 6 is irritating. I now listen to Matt The Cat via podcast. The overall audio quality is miserable. I miss Moments to Remember. etc. etc. etc.

I am now embarrassed when some friends that I previously talked into subscribing have dropped their subscriptions. What can I say to apologize?

I just can't believe how quickly this service was destroyed. Just a year ago I was so happy with it. This is so sad.

To Jordan, Blankdisk & all those complaining about the DJs. Yes, I have to agree with you. There was a time when DJs with intelligent comments were a great addition to both services but what they have now with a few exceptions is embarrassingly bad. Yeah when you have PAD why do you need someone? The morning people on XM Chan. 20 are especially terrible. That's not my kind of channel but my daughter listens to it in the car----except in the morning. She can't take it either. Please note that I am NOT talking about Phlash. He does a great job with his show. One of the very few people left that are worth listening to.
    Last edited by Pinball Wizard; 06-04-2009 at 04:06 PM. Reason: addition

06-23-2009, 01:20 PM #15
    Quote Originally Posted by MVR View Post
    I dont know, I tried to give it a chance, but today was the last straw.

I was pretty upset about the ridiculous removal of Boombox and the unwillingness of Sirius programming to consider the fact that they have multiple channels not only doing the same thing as each other, but also the same as any number of FM stations we can get for free while unique formats like Boombox are being destroyed.

I tried to give it a chance and was happy to finally have the 1 channel I ever gave a damn about from XM, Cinemagic brought to Sirius 81. today I was listening to that channel and it suddenly went in to a nonstop looping commercial for the return of the Strobe on the 15th to channel 81. I thought I saw someplace that in order to get back the Strobe and Backspin, Sirius subscribers would only lose that worthless Pop2K channel. I called customer service and no one there had an answer as to why we are going to be hearing this 2 minute loop for the next 10 days, or weather or not Cinemagic would be moved to another channel. their official answer was "we have no answer" but they were sure glad to brag to me about the return of the Strobe. Had that return been of Boombox, I may have given half a damn... but even that effort may be too little too late at this point. I cant imagine the majority of the subscriber base for both Sirius and XM are happy about the recent changes and lack of assistance from the people they pay every month.

add to this the discovery of a censored Bubba show today, and Im officially wondering what the hell we are all paying for.

no more unique genres
    more and more censored content
    channels that are FM clones
    reduced playlists
    sound quality going down
    station ID between EVERY song

Im sure commercials in the music arent far off.

my primary radio is a lifetime plan which I got for Howard, and in 2 years when hes possibly done it will have more than paid for itself.. and even though I dont pay for it on a monthly basis, I feel like canceling it just to make a point as to how worthless I feel this service has become. I used to be thrilled with my purchase and now Im ashamed to be a Sirius customer at all. I had 3 extra subscriptions under my primary and have canceled 2 of them. Im using CDs in my car again for the first time in years because theres just nothing that seems to satisfy my listening desires.

does anyone else feel like they have been totally taken advantage of as paying customers?

Sirius is pissing in the ears of its subscribers, and Im going to try and organize siriuslypissed.org as a place for people to voice their opinions and concentrate their feedback since other recent efforts have apparently been stifled in some way and have gone dark. any ideas would be welcomed. Im not looking to have a flame war on here.. I know some people are happy with the recent changes and thats fine.. Im just an annoyed subscriber looking to communicate with other annoyed subscribers to see what, if anything can be done to make a difference so everyone can be happy with a service that used to be great and seemed to care about the quality of their product.
    I agree that the sound quality has gotten worse since the channel merger last november. It is so bad that i can't listen anymore and have returned to terrestrial radio,aaaarrrgh! I have a sportster 4 that has a replay function; before the channel merger, the amount of time that was stored on replay was about 45 minutes for the music channels, now that has increased to between 52 and 62 minutes depending on the channel. This indicates a dramatic decrease in bitrate. I have e-mailed customer service and called on the phone, and the reply i get is that they have not had any similar complaints and they will look into it. B.S.!! I have a lifetime sub, so i will keep it for now to see if it improves, but i can't listen anymore right now. What a damn shame!!

06-24-2009, 11:31 AM #16
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJames View Post
    I have a sportster 4 that has a replay function; before the channel merger, the amount of time that was stored on replay was about 45 minutes for the music channels, now that has increased to between 52 and 62 minutes depending on the channel.
    They will call it a "feature" not a bug/problem. They increased the storage space of your Sportster for free!

I've noticed the sound quality getting worse too, even on the internet feed (although the bitrate of the stream seems to have stayed the same).

Page 2 of 2 12