Page 1 of 2 12
    01-05-2009, 09:57 PM #1

Sirius Listening to Subscribers - Major Improvements!

Has anyone else here been pleased witht the recent things the company has been doing over the past month? They are listening to subscribers and bringing back certain channels, they are increasing Customer Support (and sending surveys out afterwords with lots of room for you to give detailed feedback) and they are working hard to bring us more receivers. I'm really glad to be a subscriber of Sirius and am excited to see what 2009 brings us. I have a feeling the content will only get better.

Head Honcho
    01-05-2009, 10:59 PM #2
    Lets hope they are listening to all the Howard 100/101 fans right now. We don't want to pay for what we can hear for free.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    01-05-2009, 11:04 PM #3
    What do you know about new receivers? Is sirius coming out with a new portable...and how long until the interoperable radio comes out?

I think they are listening and I have seen (heard) improvements.

Hip Hop nation was terrible for the first couple days/weeks with the censored songs. That changed quickly after many complaints. But then it moved into a repetitive format which I think they are listening to also and managing to make it better.

But what about these new receivers???

Enthusiast
    01-05-2009, 11:05 PM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Lets hope they are listening to all the Howard 100/101 fans right now. We don't want to pay for what we can hear for free.
    Hey, Blame bubba, he didn't have to resign the contract, but he did! The only person you have to blame is bubba not wanting to do two shows due to him being paid more on the FM side

01-07-2009, 02:01 PM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    What do you know about new receivers? Is sirius coming out with a new portable...and how long until the interoperable radio comes out?

I think they are listening and I have seen (heard) improvements.

Hip Hop nation was terrible for the first couple days/weeks with the censored songs. That changed quickly after many complaints. But then it moved into a repetitive format which I think they are listening to also and managing to make it better.

But what about these new receivers???

Well, I know that Sirius won't be coming out with a new portable for a while, but the Stiletto 2 is now a much more solid device and a worthy option. Sirius is also offering it's first Ala Carte Radio - the Starmate 5 - which is a solid choice if you choose one of those subscription plans.

Head Honcho
    01-07-2009, 02:13 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by demonotaku View Post
    Hey, Blame bubba, he didn't have to resign the contract, but he did! The only person you have to blame is bubba not wanting to do two shows due to him being paid more on the FM side
    I blame Sirius XM for signing this BS deal. They should have simply dropped him. There will be worse press from this re-signing of terrestrial replay then there would have been if they simply dropped him.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    01-07-2009, 02:33 PM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I blame Sirius XM for signing this BS deal. They should have simply dropped him. There will be worse press from this re-signing of terrestrial replay then there would have been if they simply dropped him.
    Yea, but then you have to factor that Sirius was getting calls from Bubba fans saying if they didn't resign him they would cancel. So really Sirius could either resign him to exclusive (they couldn't afford) Do two shows (bubba didn't want to do) or this.

01-07-2009, 02:55 PM #8
    The people who would call in to complain are the same kind of people who would be more prone to throwing a fit and canceling when they learned that Bubba was a watered down replay.

Regardless of Bubba this was a horrible move for the company to censor the channels that advertise as being uncensored.

Addict
    01-07-2009, 03:53 PM #9

Sirius does listen to their customers!

FYI

Old school hip-hop is coming back to Sirius XM after having been axed from the lineup late last year. Sirius XM says it’s in response to “overwhelming” fan reaction. The company is listening to us!

Yeah, so starting on January 15 you’ll find Backspin back on your radio dial. (The disco channel, The Strobe, is also coming back, but my guess is that not too many of you are into disco.)

One of the Sirius XM higher-ups said that the company will continue to listen to fans regarding content changes, which is the smart thing to do. Sirius XM is hardly in the position to piss off its subscribers.

Enthusiast
    01-07-2009, 04:13 PM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by clueless View Post
    The people who would call in to complain are the same kind of people who would be more prone to throwing a fit and canceling when they learned that Bubba was a watered down replay.

Regardless of Bubba this was a horrible move for the company to censor the channels that advertise as being uncensored.
    alot of people are confused, only the shows skits are censored from what i heard everything else is before the 5 second delay

Page 1 of 2 12