Page 1 of 2 12
    Addict
    01-05-2009, 06:44 PM #1

S&p reduces recommendation on shares of sirius xm radio to hold, from buy

This may be the signal I was waiting for. It may be time to start hoarding cash to start buying SIRIUS once again. These agencies are usually lagging in their recommendations (THEY HAD A BUY RATING ALL THE WAY DOWN FROM $3.50 to $0.12). Do not bet all your cash though, there's still one notch down for them and it is SELL...as a matter of fact you all may want to keep waiting a little bit longer to see how 2009 takes shape.

SNPMarketScopeResearchNotes2008-12-30 13:29:26.000SIRISIRIUS XM RADIOTAmobi, ELevy-CFAS&P REDUCES RECOMMENDATION ON SHARES OF SIRIUS XM RADIO TO HOLD, FROM BUYOur downgrade reflects increasing risks we see related to SIRI's ability to refinance nearly $1B of maturing debt in '09, which should result in further significant equity dilution with expected reverse split in difficult credit market. We see already-tempered subscriber growth projections also at risk amid sharply decelerating auto sales. Based on recent data points, we also do not expect a meaningful recovery (if not further deterioration) in anemic retail sales. We keep our 12-month target price at $0.50, based on relative ratio of enterprise value-to-projected sales.|US;SIRI|20706|253970

ALL their BS above was priced in the price of the stock while they had the BUY rating (which I though, "what in the F##$%#g world... the damn stock is tanking and they have a BUY rating on it ???" Anyway, I learned thru the years that these rating agencies are worth nothing when rating a company, you have to be a contrarian to these rating agencies to make any money).

PS: This is my first bullish posting for SIRIUS. I am sure it will go up from here on but I will bet only 1000 shares per week until the earnings announcement and debt refinance. After that all hell may break loose. I will keep a tight stop order for all my new shares.

Today, my .13 limit for 1000 shares was hit at closing (I placed the order when the stock dipped below that just to make sure it was coming back up... You know, this stock has a history of tanking at the close...).

This is mostly technical analysis. Their balance sheet still sucks...
    Last edited by Siriusowner; 01-05-2009 at 07:05 PM.

Mentor
    01-05-2009, 10:03 PM #2
    Siriusowner,

That S&P news is old news from a few days ago and this is not your "first" bullish post - you were saying it was safe to buy at .14 or above weeks ago...

I more than doubled my position at .12 and was planning on buying more today, but I decided to wait for more confirmation or a pull back. SIRI has not been up 3 days in a row for weeks and weeks now and the markets had quite a little run the last 5 days or so. Tomorrow will be interesting. I just didn't feel comfortable getting in with more today. Waiting for more confirmation or a better entry point...
    Last edited by Demian; 01-05-2009 at 11:07 PM.

Addict
    01-05-2009, 11:00 PM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    Siriusowner,

That S&P news is old news from a few days ago and this is not your "first" bullish post - you were saying it was safe to buy at .14 or above weeks ago...
    So ? At least I make something out of the news, what do you offer ?:
    Siri closed 1/4 of a point today, huge AH volume, Siri is green the market is red, I hope siri closes green today... please ! You are like one of those boring baseball radio commentators.

Please post something interesting and not just copy and paste news and/or charts from other web sites.... by the way, some of those charts you post maybe copyrighted.

Mentor
    01-05-2009, 11:15 PM #4
    I didn't post any charts - I posted links to the charts which are public...

When have I ever said anything like - "I hope SIRI closes green today" ?

I have only commented on AH volume if it was indeed huge...

01-05-2009, 11:37 PM #5
    Owned by Sirius, please STFU and let Demian do what he does best!! Demian PLEASE do NOT change a thing!!!

And yes I LMAO when you started a new thread with OLD NEWS keep up or get out of the way!!!!! JUST GET OUT OF THE WAY!!

Addict
    01-05-2009, 11:39 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    Siriusowner,

I more than doubled my position at .12 and was planning on buying more today, but I decided to wait for more confirmation or a pull back. SIRI has not been up 3 days in a row for weeks and weeks now and the markets had quite a little run the last 5 days or so. Tomorrow will be interesting. I just didn't feel comfortable getting in with more today. Waiting for more confirmation or a better entry point...
    The .14 entry is "old news". Today we had a buy opportunity above the trend line (we only lacked the volume) + the DOW finished a nice head and shoulder formation (bullish). My only concern is that SIRI's trading finished with a hanging man, so the bulls ran out of steam at the end of the trading session.

Also, if Fibonnaci holds true, tomorrow we may have a Siri selloff. We have had 3 up days and the number 4 does not belong to the Fibonacci series... but as we know, Siri does not trade in full cents, right ? So it may just trade down to around .13 (the trend line support).

What is needed is volume on an up day for SIRI to decisively break the trend line.

Now that I am analyzing this deeper, I think I should have waited for the .14 limit order. Remember always, always buy on a "Nice spring day".

Anyway, what is done is done, I probably jumped too early but its is only a 1000 shares.

Addict
    01-05-2009, 11:41 PM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by LIBOR/TED SPREAD View Post
    Owned by Sirius, please STFU and let Demian do what he does best!! Demian PLEASE do NOT change a thing!!!

And yes I LMAO when you started a new thread with OLD NEWS keep up or get out of the way!!!!! JUST GET OUT OF THE WAY!!
    And who was talking to you ?

Guru
    01-06-2009, 12:10 AM #8
    lol ted spread makes me giggle oh and theres been 2 up days according to what i got not 3, tommorow would make three

12/29 u .1275
    12/30 d .1205
    12/31 d .12
    01/02 u .1225
    01/05 u .13
    Last edited by trippingthespeculatingpos; 01-06-2009 at 12:15 AM.

01-07-2009, 11:28 AM #9
    Jeez siriusowner, all this time all you do is bash and complain, but once SIRI shows a little life its jump on and buy. I almost respected the continual bashing but now your a fan?

Addict
    01-07-2009, 12:12 PM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by gilmore View Post
    Jeez siriusowner, all this time all you do is bash and complain, but once SIRI shows a little life its jump on and buy. I almost respected the continual bashing but now your a fan?
    No I am not a fan. I am a trader. The company still sucks. Not for a long term investment.

I am basically doing what everyone did when the company was on its way down but I am doing it on its way up, once I reach my breakeven point of .47 cents or less (depending on how it averages down as time passes by) I am out, off the stock and off the forum !! The company sucks for long term investment.

Page 1 of 2 12