Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
Results 231 to 239 of 239

Thread: SIRI Intraday Updates for the Week of 1/05/2009

  1. #231
    Demian is offline
    Mentor
    Demian's Avatar
    Joined: Oct 2008 Posts: 2,320
    Ok, so the volume picked up a bit in AH, but something seems fishy to me...

    The NASDAQ shows .1374 as the last trade in AH, but not according to the live streaming time and sales reporting - that shows .14 as the final trade...

    SIRI .14 1000 19:59:57

    SIRI .1374 500 19:59:23

    So, the last trade was @ .14 and 34 seconds after the .1374 trade, but the NASDAQ is saying that the final trade was .1374? That's messed up....

    Notice how the Nasdaq doesn't report the seconds in their trade reporting. Something seems fishy to me and I'm contacting the NASDAQ to ask them some questions...

    Sirius XM Radio Inc.
    Jan. 9, 2009 Market Close: $ 0.14

    After Hours Trade Reporting

    After Hours
    Last: $ .1374
    After Hours
    High: $ .14
    After Hours
    Volume: 136,232
    After Hours
    Low: $ .1372

    After Hours
    Time (ET) After Hours
    Price After Hours
    Share Volume
    19:59 $ .1374 500
    19:59 $ .14 1,000
    19:57 $ .14 3,000
    19:55 $ .14 5,000
    19:46 $ .1374 2,500
    19:46 $ .14 1,400
    19:46 $ .14 500
    19:45 $ .139 100
    19:21 $ .14 500
    18:57 $ .14 2,000
    18:54 $ .14 3,000
    18:49 $ .14 125
    18:28 $ .14 400
    18:23 $ .14 25,000
    18:22 $ .14 25,000
    18:21 $ .14 1,000
    18:15 $ .14 21,325
    17:55 $ .14 1,407
    17:50 $ .14 250
    17:49 $ .14 1,000
    17:39 $ .14 5,000
    17:21 $ .14 825
    16:55 $ .14 4,400
    Last edited by Demian; 01-09-2009 at 08:19 PM.

  2. #232
    billhart22 is offline
    Guru
    billhart22's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 4,896

    All the blib blab about prices

    Some people shut their machines and places of work off at different times...they are not worried about SIRI and .0010 pricing.

    You can go 3 different places and get three different prices. I deal with First Trade who runs the whole day and AH with precision to the end. They have great tools for investors and do $6.95 per trade.

    It was at 13.78? to my recall, but then posted at .14. At least we know a very approximate direction the stock is going. I know that everyone wants that magic .14, but it is not the new revelation.

    I will start peeing my drawers at .15 and get wetter towards .20. I am almost ready to buy a few thousand more shares here, but will let the price run up a couple CONFIDENT pennies before spending more on this stock.

    There are too many exciting stocks out there....LVLT and ABK that can unleash, not to mention YRCW.

    The people that I am concerned about here are the people that have invested a few hundred grand and are looking at this stock in a much bigger perspective. I also feel for the people that paid large and are now down to nothing. I have been buying this stock for nothing, so what is...is.

    I believe in SIRIUS and what brought me to this stock is the fact that I use it daily in my personal life. I told my wife that it would be cool to throw some money at it, because we both love the programming.

    This brings me to a point - and that is, SIRI is WAY more than Bubba and Stern, because they don't mean diddly to us. I get into the Blues station and my wife loves the Jazz station. Don't ever forget that SIRI has music. SIRI is so diversified with entertainment, that the value is tremendous. I personally don't care about Stern or Bubba the gold fish (even though Stern is funny, but redundant), because I love the music.

    People say that there are alternatives..........I say.. Not at this going, because there is nothing else like it. Worrying about competition with the Disney Channel and such is pure non-sense. If you are a soccer mom, then get SIRI backseat...at least the kids can see it. This isn't 1920 when you listened to Gene Autry and the Phantom. So get real.

    Now with the jobless reports...well, all that I can say is that the worse the economy gets, the more money can be made. I don't like people to suffer or lose their jobs and get paid by the government, but when things are down, then more money-making investments are available.

    Let's take an example - LVLT (an IT corp with communication and video) and SIRI. What is the primary difference? LVLT delivers "Essential Communications" that people rely upon. Conversely, SIRI delivers a luxury for many people (non-essential). That is part of the problem right now, because many people don't have the bucks to shell out for luxury programming. People are not running as much on credit now. Also, credit card companies have raised peoples' interest rates and have shut down many credit cards for less than perfect to poor credit risks. LVLT, on the other hand, helps run the world and the world cannot be without them.

    If you want a really good stock in trying times, check out Smukers Jelly and Jam. They are selling boat loads...cheap food...Kraft is probably doing fine also, you might check that out, because people love macaroni and cheese and it is cheap! Mac and cheese fills kids up and makes them fat. I am willing to bet that their stock is way up. I haven't even checked. I also imagine that they are in the 20's or above....SIRI is trying to re-break .13 cents.

    .14 or .1378 just doesn't matter....however, it is interesting and I am waiting for a couple of cents and the start of an uptrend. I believe SIRI is in the sideline bracket now, with indications of a slight possible uptrend. That is just a guess on my behalf, not a statement of what really is.

    Seems like everybody I know owns SIRI and wants it to win.

    Have a pleasant evening.

    Bill
    Last edited by billhart22; 01-10-2009 at 02:27 PM.

  3. #233
    Siriusowner is offline
    Addict
    Siriusowner's Avatar
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: The Oil Patch, Texas Posts: 922
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    Phil,

    It doesn't matter how intelligent the writing is or what outdated book or website it came from or who wrote it - it is inaccurate and just flat out wrong.
    You always say I am lying or wrong, but never prove your point. PLEASE PROVE THE SEC wrong this time (not that the SEC is the panacea of clarity and truthfulness but they are still the markets regulating authority). Even though it is dated 6/2000 this article was last edited 6/2006 and the SEC still refers to this article in every post about AH they have in their web site, even one modified on 11/4/2008. I am pretty sure it still stands valid as of today.

    http://www.sec.gov/investor/pubs/afterhours.htm

    FYI: Everything I post comes from the SEC, Investopedia.com, Wikipedia.com, seminars I have attended, a bunch of books I have in my library and/or a reliable source. I do not like to make things up or post from questionable web sites. How do you think I know this much about trading ? I was not born knowing it. I just read a lot and know where to look for the information...
    Last edited by Siriusowner; 01-11-2009 at 09:59 AM.

  4. #234
    Siriusowner is offline
    Addict
    Siriusowner's Avatar
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: The Oil Patch, Texas Posts: 922
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    Siriusowner,

    That information is not accurate.....and seems way outdated.

    For starters, AH does not start one hour after the market closing. I have bought and sold in AH a few minutes after the closing bell many times and I am not an institutional trader...

    What website did you get that info from?

    Why didn't you post a link to where you got that info from? Please do...
    1.-Please let us know in your infinite wisdom why would you say that ?

    2.-Check the routing of your trades after you place your order, unless of course your broker does not let you do that.

    3.-The SEC.

    4.-I just didn't, is it this web site requirement or yours ?

  5. #235
    SiriusXMInvestor is offline
    Enthusiast
    SiriusXMInvestor's Avatar
    Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 227
    What the SEC is saying is that AH trading is manipulated and we have no control or care to have any control. We can't even police regular trading hours. So if I were you, unless you are a sophisticated stock manipulator, keep your money in CD's or in the bank.

  6. #236
    Siriusowner is offline
    Addict
    Siriusowner's Avatar
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: The Oil Patch, Texas Posts: 922
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmaverick View Post
    In fact, when I took some of the information from his post and entered it into Google, a lot of the info was word for word from here - http://www.sec.gov/news/studies/ecnafter.htm
    See ? Reliable source.

  7. #237
    Siriusowner is offline
    Addict
    Siriusowner's Avatar
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: The Oil Patch, Texas Posts: 922
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusXMInvestor View Post
    What the SEC is saying is that AH trading is manipulated and we have no control or care to have any control. We can't even police regular trading hours. So if I were you, unless you are a sophisticated stock manipulator, keep your money in CD's or in the bank.
    Not necessary. Just follow the smart money.

  8. #238
    Sworntwofun is offline
    Addict
    Sworntwofun's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 588
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Some people shut their machines and places of work off at different times...they are not worried about SIRI and .0010 pricing.

    You can go 3 different places and get three different prices. I deal with First Trade who runs the whole day and AH with precision to the end. They have great tools for investors and do $6.95 per trade.

    It was at 13.78? to my recall, but then posted at .14. At least we know a very approximate direction the stock is going. I know that everyone wants that magic .14, but it is not the new revelation.

    I will start peeing my drawers at .15 and get wetter towards .20. I am almost ready to buy a few thousand more shares here, but will let the price run up a couple CONFIDENT pennies before spending more on this stock.

    There are too many exciting stocks out there....LVLT and ABK that can unleash, not to mention YRCW.

    The people that I am concerned about here are the people that have invested a few hundred grand and are looking at this stock in a much bigger perspective. I also feel for the people that paid large and are now down to nothing. I have been buying this stock for nothing, so what is...is.

    I believe in SIRIUS and what brought me to this stock is the fact that I use it daily in my personal life. I told my wife that it would be cool to throw some money at it, because we both love the programming.

    This brings me to a point - and that is, SIRI is WAY more than Bubba and Stern, because they don't mean diddly to us. I get into the Blues station and my wife loves the Jazz station. Don't ever forget that SIRI has music. SIRI is so diversified with entertainment, that the value is tremendous. I personally don't care about Stern or Bubba the gold fish (even though Stern is funny, but redundant), because I love the music.

    People say that there are alternatives..........I say.. Not at this going, because there is nothing else like it. Worrying about competition with the Disney Channel and such is pure non-sense. If you are a soccer mom, then get SIRI backseat...at least the kids can see it. This isn't 1920 when you listened to Gene Autry and the Phantom. So get real.

    Now with the jobless reports...well, all that I can say is that the worse the economy gets, the more money can be made. I don't like people to suffer or lose their jobs and get paid by the government, but when things are down, then more money-making investments are available.

    Let's take an example - LVLT (an IT corp with communication and video) and SIRI. What is the primary difference? LVLT delivers "Essential Communications" that people rely upon. Conversely, SIRI delivers a luxury for many people (non-essential). That is part of the problem right now, because many people don't have the bucks to shell out for luxury programming. People are not running as much on credit now. Also, credit card companies have raised peoples' interest rates and have shut down many credit cards for less than perfect to poor credit risks. LVLT, on the other hand, helps run the world and the world cannot be without them.

    If you want a really good stock in trying times, check out Smukers Jelly and Jam. They are selling boat loads...cheap food...Kraft is probably doing fine also, you might check that out, because people love macaroni and cheese and it is cheap! Mac and cheese fills kids up and makes them fat. I am willing to bet that their stock is way up. I haven't even checked. I also imagine that they are in the 20's or above....SIRI is trying to re-break .13 cents.

    .14 or .1378 just doesn't matter....however, it is interesting and I am waiting for a couple of cents and the start of an uptrend. I believe SIRI is in the sideline bracket now, with indications of a slight possible uptrend. That is just a guess on my behalf, not a statement of what really is.

    Seems like everybody I know owns SIRI and wants it to win.

    Have a pleasant evening.

    Bill
    Bill...First of all I like to clearify my comment....I wasn't really referring to you as a investor because Ive been following your stock suggestions for a little while and they have been very good... Obviously you are a smart man...I wish I was more diversified but I am not....I have all my eggs in one basket. Even though I know its breaking the first rule of investing, its money I set aside and bought as went so its outcome weather its positive or negative Its all paid for so Im betting it all on Sirius...My mind set is long term.. If I could average down a little more as Its goes up I will... I too love the product and get very defensive.... I guess what I trying to say is Im sorry for saying what I said and would like to extend my hand and apologize....Good Luck to you and your investments and I will be observing and hopefully learning from you & your comments in the future....Thank You

  9. #239
    billhart22 is offline
    Guru
    billhart22's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 4,896

    You are a good man!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sworntwofun View Post
    Bill...First of all I like to clearify my comment....I wasn't really referring to you as a investor because Ive been following your stock suggestions for a little while and they have been very good... Obviously you are a smart man...I wish I was more diversified but I am not....I have all my eggs in one basket. Even though I know its breaking the first rule of investing, its money I set aside and bought as went so its outcome weather its positive or negative Its all paid for so Im betting it all on Sirius...My mind set is long term.. If I could average down a little more as Its goes up I will... I too love the product and get very defensive.... I guess what I trying to say is Im sorry for saying what I said and would like to extend my hand and apologize....Good Luck to you and your investments and I will be observing and hopefully learning from you & your comments in the future....Thank You
    You are a good man, thank you and I hope that we can put our heads together. As a matter of fact, I look forward to it.

    Thanks!

    Bill

  10. Ad Fairy Senior Member
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •