Page 13 of 24 ... 3111213141523 ...
    Enthusiast
    01-07-2009, 05:39 PM #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    I have 2 closing prices too. 0.1379 and 0.14. Who cares, it doesn't not even matter unless you have hundreds of thousands or maybe even millions of shares.
    From a momentum perspective there is quite a difference as .14 means we closed up for the fourth day in a row and did it in a down day for the market. And that WAS the close, by the way.

Mentor
    01-07-2009, 06:00 PM #122
    I have 2 closing prices too. 0.1379 and 0.14. Who cares, it doesn't not even matter unless you have hundreds of thousands or maybe even millions of shares.
    You need to get a new trading platform with more accurate quote data then....what are you using that's giving such undependable quote data?

Addict
    01-07-2009, 06:10 PM #123
    Quote Originally Posted by winagain35 View Post
    From a momentum perspective there is quite a difference as .14 means we closed up for the fourth day in a row and did it in a down day for the market. And that WAS the close, by the way.
    Can you please explain how .002 makes a difference if I own 330K shares @ $1.35 average ? (I do not but I want to know becasue most of the people here own that many shares and at those prices).

Addict
    01-07-2009, 06:12 PM #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    You need to get a new trading platform with more accurate quote data then....what are you using that's giving such undependable quote data?
    If I were trading millions and millions of SIRI shares and scalping or day trading I would. I am not so, I will stick with the one I have right now.

The .002 gain today is irrelevant.

Mentor
    01-07-2009, 06:20 PM #125
    If I were trading millions and millions of SIRI shares and scalping or day trading I would. I am not so, I will stick with the one I have right now.

The .002 gain today is irrelevant.
    What platform are you using so I know which one not to recommend to people....as it provides inaccurate quote data.

Enthusiast
    01-07-2009, 06:25 PM #126
    Can you please explain how .002 makes a difference if I own 330K shares @ $1.35 average ? (I do not but I want to know becasue most of the people here own that many shares and at those prices).
    Well, you're the one who claims to trade on momentum - so I think you know the difference. As for the scenario you gave, the answer is about $700 bucks.

01-07-2009, 06:25 PM #127

Audiovox to expand availability of TV on the road

http://money.aol.com/news/articles/q.../rfid173362041

Audiovox to expand availability of TV on the road
    AP ONLINE
    Posted: 2009-01-07 16:58:00
    LAS VEGAS (AP) — More options for watching TV in the car are on the way.

Audiovox Corp. said Wednesday it will make an in-car receiver for Qualcomm Inc.'s subscription-based mobile TV broadcasts, previously available only on AT&T Inc. and Verizon Wireless cell phones.

The receiver will be available in eight to 10 months for less than $500, Audiovox senior vice president Tom Malone said at a presentation at the International Consumer Electronics Show. It will work with all existing in-car entertainment screens, including seat-back, dashboard and ceiling-mounted ones, he said.

There are 20 million U.S. cars with such screens, according to Hauppauge, N.Y.-based Audiovox.

"We feel with this partnership, we have an opportunity to breathe new life into rear-seat entertainment," Malone said.

Users will pay a subscription fee to use the system, but details have not been finalized, said Gina Lombardi, president of Qualcomm unit MediaFLO USA.

Currently, Verizon Wireless and AT&T cellular subscribers with compatible phones can pay $15 per month to receive 10 channels through MediaFLO. The broadcast system covers 68 markets and is expanding to cover more than 100 by the end of the year, Lombardi said.

MediaFLO is designed for reception by mobile antennas. Conventional U.S. TV broadcasts, both analog and digital, are designed for stationary antennas, and don't work well for moving ones. However, TV broadcasters are gearing up to transmit channels designed for mobile reception, and may start as early as this year. At least some of those broadcasts will likely be free to receive, just like standard over-the-air TV.

There are car-mount antennas for satellite TV services like that of Dish Network Corp., but installation is expensive and the signal can be blocked by buildings. As another option, Sirius XM Radio Inc., the satellite radio company, beams three kids' channels to receivers that are available as a factory-installed option on some Chrysler LLC cars.

___

On the Net:

http://www.audiovox.com

http://www.mediaflo.com

http://www.sirius.com/backseattv

Enthusiast
    01-07-2009, 07:00 PM #128

09 Warrant

Anyone take notice of this?
    http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=SIRIZ.OB
    It's a warrant for '09 - up more than 700% today.
    Also not sure what to make of the latest SEC filing - any ideas?
    It seems to have something to do with the shares that were lent out for bondholders to short back in July.
    http://investor.sirius.com/secfiling...=950123-09-263

Mentor
    01-07-2009, 07:10 PM #129
    There were 3 SEC filings today - 2 Form 4's and this...

http://investor.sirius.com/sec.cfm

Filed Pursuant to Rule 424(b)(7)
    Registration File No.: 333-152548

Prospectus Supplement No. 1
    (To Prospectus Supplement dated October 28, 2008
    to Prospectus dated July 25, 2008)

Sirius XM Radio Inc.

COMMON STOCK

This prospectus supplement relates to the resale from time to time by selling stockholders of shares of our common stock that we have issued to them upon the exchange of XM Satellite Radio Inc.’s 7% Exchangeable Senior Subordinated Notes due 2014, which we refer to as the “notes.”

This prospectus supplement, which supplements the prospectus dated July 25, 2008, as supplemented by the prospectus supplement dated October 28, 2008, contains information about certain selling stockholders.
    Last edited by Demian; 01-07-2009 at 07:13 PM.

Addict
    01-07-2009, 07:15 PM #130
    Quote Originally Posted by winagain35 View Post
    Well, you're the one who claims to trade on momentum - so I think you know the difference. As for the scenario you gave, the answer is about $700 bucks.
    Exactly and .002 is irrelevant in momentum trading. Momentum traders follow large moves with high volume.

Page 13 of 24 ... 3111213141523 ...