Page 2 of 24 123412 ...
    Mentor
    01-05-2009, 12:50 PM #11
    Those 247wallst people are back to the bashing this morning - saying that SIRI won't make it through the year...

http://www.247wallst.com/2009/01/tech-one-of-the.html

January 05, 2009
    Tech, One Of The Last Hopes For Consumer Spending, Hits The Exits

"The data could also foreshadow the death of some of the weaker companies in the broader tech category, especially Sirius XM (SIRI) and Palm (PALM). With strong tech companies being crippled, these two don't have the sales or balance sheets to make it through the year."

Douglas A. McIntyre

Addict
    01-05-2009, 12:56 PM #12

CNBC Report

Its was a ok report...but it I wish they had a little more enthusiam ...It is more exposure for potential customers...They said they all love it on the consumer side but not too sure on how it will be for the investors side....Other then the new commercials for Sirius that I have been seeing a lot of lately...Like Audi, Ford and radio shack all on the same TV channel with in 8 Hours...It the only national hype Ive seen in a while and Ill take it for starters....

Enthusiast
    01-05-2009, 01:06 PM #13
    You're welcome! Happy New Year Demian!

We're all in the same boat together with this stock, and aside from the jerks who bash this stock just to get their jollies, putting our heads together helps all of us.

By the way, I thought it quite interesting that the interviewer on this short video was so lacking in basic information. You'd think CNBC would have given her a sheet of notes to work off of. I also found it interesting to hear from the car guy that some OEMs are planning on giving a much longer free period for SatRad (or at least so he said). I wonder if this is true and, if true, if the money flow back and forth from the OEMs and SIRI XM will be altered. On the one hand, a longer period of listening for free gets drivers and their passengers more hooked on having SatRad as a "standard" feature in the car; on the other hand, a longer free period means less revenue (in the short term) to SIRI XM. However, all things considered, if this extended free period is true, I think it is a win/win long-term situation for both the OEMs and SIRI XM. Very interesting!

Guru
    01-05-2009, 01:31 PM #14
    thx for all you do demian, i would help but im just too damn lazy heh, looks like we might get back to .13 hopefully it holds, id love to see this shit start proving people wrong already

Mentor
    01-05-2009, 01:33 PM #15
    Ford #'s will be out in a few minutes...

Mentor
    01-05-2009, 01:47 PM #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    Ford #'s will be out in a few minutes...
    Ford #'s are out - down 32%.....pretty much met the street's expectations.

GM #'s will be out in about an hour...

Enthusiast
    01-05-2009, 01:57 PM #17
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSirius View Post
    You're welcome! Happy New Year Demian!

We're all in the same boat together with this stock, and aside from the jerks who bash this stock just to get their jollies, putting our heads together helps all of us.

By the way, I thought it quite interesting that the interviewer on this short video was so lacking in basic information. You'd think CNBC would have given her a sheet of notes to work off of. I also found it interesting to hear from the car guy that some OEMs are planning on giving a much longer free period for SatRad (or at least so he said). I wonder if this is true and, if true, if the money flow back and forth from the OEMs and SIRI XM will be altered. On the one hand, a longer period of listening for free gets drivers and their passengers more hooked on having SatRad as a "standard" feature in the car; on the other hand, a longer free period means less revenue (in the short term) to SIRI XM. However, all things considered, if this extended free period is true, I think it is a win/win long-term situation for both the OEMs and SIRI XM. Very interesting!
    It wouldn't be a FREE period... the two year subscription would be priced into the car.

Enthusiast
    01-05-2009, 02:01 PM #18
    Hi winagain35-

Happy new year.

On what facts do you base your statement:

"It wouldn't be a FREE period... the two year subscription would be priced into the car."

Do you have some information, or is this an assumption on your part?

Thanks.

01-05-2009, 02:11 PM #19
    Hi winagain35-

Happy new year.

"It wouldn't be a FREE period... the two year subscription would be priced into the car."

Thanks.
    The "free" time that comes with OEM radios is actually pre-paid buy the car owner. Best way to prove it is check the window sticker of the vehicle, being that I know Chrysler gets 1 year "Free" I pulled up a window sticker, took a look in the Interior Features and

"uconnect studios - Sirius Satellite Radio
    1-Year SIRIUS Radio Service
    For More Information, Call 1-888-539-7474"

Enthusiast
    01-05-2009, 02:14 PM #20
    Hi winagain35-

Happy new year.

Thanks.
    It's my opinion based on how Sirius has negotiated OEM contracts up to this point. BUT - the statement on CNBC was about GM, which is an XM deal. I'm not certain how the three month free period has been structured, but I can't imagine that the company or the automaker would give two years of free service. GM has a pretty lucrative revenue share on their factory installed radios - It benefits both GM and Sirius to have the subscription factored into the price of the car.
    Last edited by winagain35; 01-05-2009 at 02:45 PM.

Page 2 of 24 123412 ...