Page 1 of 3 123
    Mentor
    01-04-2009, 02:57 PM #1

Sirius/XM iPhone app is now in beta testing...

I have always said that the release of this iPhone app will drive massive subscriber growth and positive press. There are tons of iPhone users all over the world. I anticipate that many iPhone users will try out the app and subscribe to the internet feed and then realize that for a little bit more per month they can get a full subscription and then put a radio in their car and/or home. This will be huge...

http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/si...ited-time.html

http://starplayr.com/ourproducts.html

Check out the comments and excitement on the Macrumors forum...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=543520

01-04-2009, 05:04 PM #2
    Demian...

Can you translate Huge into how may new additional subs per year you think it will bring in?

Thanks

vaporgold

Head Honcho
    01-04-2009, 09:14 PM #3
    Could that possible be quantifiable? How could one possibly guess? How many iPhones are there? Take that number and I can tell you without a doubt that it will be less than that.

I hate statistics anyway, no one ever figures the word of mouth advertising and residual subscriptions that will happen because people liked it on their iphone and got it for their car or even people who may have happened to be listening and told someone sitting next to them about the new app which lead them to go out and buy a sub of their own.

All I know is that people who like iphones (people who are adopters of technology) are the same kind of people that might enjoy satrad so, its a good audience to start.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    01-05-2009, 02:28 PM #4
    Here is a review and video of the new Sirius/XM iPhone app...

http://chris.pirillo.com/2009/01/05/...r-iphone-ipod/

01-05-2009, 02:57 PM #5
    Not an IPhone user...but that app is very nice!!

How is the battery life with the IPhone? Does running apps like this one affect battery life at all?

I haven't used the internet stream in a while, but from what I remember the channel selection was very limited, has this changed and does this app stream more/less channels than the regular internet stream? How about CNBC?

Enthusiast
    01-05-2009, 05:31 PM #6
    Jason-

Happy New Year!

You can go to Sirius.com and get a channel line-up of what's on their internet offerings.

Enthusiast
    01-05-2009, 05:32 PM #7
    Jason-

I forgot to mention that if you go to Sirius.com you can sign up for a free 3-day "trial" of their internet offerings (even if you are not yet a subsciber to any of their services.

Mentor
    01-05-2009, 05:34 PM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSirius View Post
    Jason-

Happy New Year!

You can go to Sirius.com and get a channel line-up of what's on their internet offerings.
    Also.....XM.com.

The new app gets both Sirius and XM's full online offerings....

Addict
    01-05-2009, 06:02 PM #9

Thumbs up Sirius/Xm iPhone

Its seems like with each new day that passes we are getting little tidbits of of proof that Sirius/XM is expanding to all different sorts of media applications....Keep up the Good Work... Long Sirius

Guru
    01-05-2009, 11:20 PM #10
    I'll just toss this out there...

around 10 million++ iphones sold and if 1% sign up for sirius then that would be 100,000 new subscribers.

Now if somehow that makes it onto the Iphone commercial about apps...who knows, or worked into an iphone monthly package?

Page 1 of 3 123