Page 1 of 2 12
    01-09-2009, 08:47 PM #1

Lifetime Subscription Or Not?

Our new car "free" subscription will end in February. I am at the point where I need to make a decision. I had originally planned to purchase the Lifetime subscription as it would most defiitely be the best plan for us long term.

However, now with things looking so gloomy for Sirius, I am having second thoughts. Will Sirius go under?? ....... who knows!

I really don't want to pull out several hundred dollars for something that may or may not be around in the coming months. If I knew all accounts would be safe regardless, it would be a no-brainer, but no one knows that!

Anyone else about to make a renewal? What are your thoughts?

Thanks

Addict
    01-09-2009, 09:43 PM #2

Lifetime Subscription Or Not?

Hi....I am also thinking about signing up for a lifetime of Sirius Now....I signed up the first day Howard moved to Sirius...That was 3 years ago....I wish I did it then Because now Ive paid for all that time and I would of been done...Paid in full....now instead of costing $500 then ..even with the $100 off now new price its gonna cost me $800 now....And I will tell I have to have my Sirius Radio....and I think its better then its ever been.....Dont worry about Sirius going anywhere because its not.....Well actually it is.....Its going to the Top......

01-10-2009, 12:25 AM #3
    $800 ?? Is that for one or two subs?

I think I paid $299 about 3 years ago.

I would definately recommend getting the lifetime, pays for itself in a few years. SiriusXM isn't going anywhere, especially if more people like you guys sign up for the lifetime plans - it'll help out their cash flow numbers for the quarter!

01-10-2009, 10:22 AM #4
    I got lifetime 18 months ago for $500, its gone up?
    Can you add a sub to lifetime? Ive got XM in the new Honda and want to change out the module for Sirius.

Addict
    01-10-2009, 10:54 AM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusXM - Jason View Post

I would definately recommend getting the lifetime, pays for itself in a few years. SiriusXM isn't going anywhere, especially if more people like you guys sign up for the lifetime plans - it'll help out their cash flow numbers for the quarter!
    When it was first offered it was $500....now the Lifetime Plan is $399.99 They are offering $100 off but im not sure if thats already in this price or if you get additional discount...

Head Honcho
    01-10-2009, 12:45 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusXM - Jason View Post

I think what he means is that he has already paid $300 for 3 years and now he is thinking about a lifetime so, in essence, he will wind up paying $800 for a lifetime.

BTW, to the guy who asked the original question... yes, you should get a lifetime. Even if this company doesn't make it financially for the shareholders, I don't think subscribers have anything to worry about.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Addict
    01-10-2009, 04:05 PM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I think what he means is that he has already paid $300 for 3 years and now he is thinking about a lifetime so, in essence, he will wind up paying $800 for a lifetime.

BTW, to the guy who asked the original question... yes, you should get a lifetime. Even if this company doesn't make it financially for the shareholders, I don't think subscribers have anything to worry about.
    Thats is what I was trying to say ...Thank you

01-10-2009, 05:38 PM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Even if this company doesn't make it financially for the shareholders, I don't think subscribers have anything to worry about.
    My concern is that I pay for the "lifetime" subscription and the company is forced to go out of business. What is to protect the subscriber and their "lifetime" subscription? Whoever might take over is in no way obligated to honor our subscription.

So, I am curious as to why you say "I don't think subscribers have anything to worry about". Please share your thoughts.

TVL

Mentor
    01-11-2009, 03:03 AM #9
    TVL: K-mart has done multiple "restructurings". How many times have you seen Kmart close it's doors? None. Sears has restructured. Ever seen a closed sign on thier doors?

Is there a chance that Sirius could go totally kaput? Sure, there always is. But is it likely? Absolutely not. Either they will restructure their debt, wipe out shareholders, and start fresh, or they will just restructure debt, or they will sell the company - as is - to another bidder. Anyone who buys the company, buys the obligations.

01-13-2009, 09:34 AM #10
    Man, I just got lifetime on the XM in my new Honda, The guy I talked to kept telling me I couldnt get it with a factory radio, what difference does it make?
    Anyway, $299, done deal but I had to really work tp get that $100 off they advertise on the radio. Then they hammer me to buy a reconditioned XM radio to boot?

Page 1 of 2 12