01-04-2009, 03:37 AM #1

Anyone know how to....

Hey,

The radio on my Mazda 5 doesn't have an AUX input so I was wondering how complicated it would be to put one in myself. I've heard that it's a simple process but haven't tried. If anyone can recommend a link with instructions and/or diagrams, that'd be amazing.

Head Honcho
    01-04-2009, 09:08 PM #3
    Do you mean an aux input for a regular headphone type jack in the front of the stereo or do you mean an aux for rca cables in the back of the receiver?

Also, are you asking how hard it would be to put in an aux jack or a Sirius plug and play receiver? Can you be more specific about what it is you are trying to do?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

01-10-2009, 10:09 AM #4
    I mean an aux input for regular headphones. At that point, I can just get a male to male cable and plug the radio directly and get rid of all the static I hear on my FM presets. Hope that clears up my question, definitely looking forward to the answers!

Head Honcho
    01-10-2009, 01:10 PM #5
    You will have to remove the current head unit and replace the whole thing with an aftermarket head unit. You know that... right? The aux headphone type jacks are built into the receivers themselves. If your head unit that your car came with doesn't have one... well then you are going to have to replace that unit.

UNLESS there is some aux hookup in the back of the head unit for a cd player. If that is the case, you will have rca inputs or you can buy a converter to convert the cd player input into rca inputs.

If you don't know the basics of car stereos, just go to your local car stereo installation guy and as him what your options are for that model.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

01-11-2009, 12:57 PM #6
    If you were able to mount the stereo jack somewhere convenient, it could be relatively simple to wire it in. The jack has two switches built in. With nothing plugged in, audio flows through to the next stage. With a plug in the jack the audio is blocked from one direction and you can insert a new audio feed. This could allow you to feed Sirius audio directly to the input of the output audio amplifiers and then to the speakers.

Feasibility and so on is another story. You would have to remove the existing system, find the correct points to insert the jack, wire it together and put it back in the car. Not overly difficult for someone who knows what they are doing, but I can't see it being worthwhile to bring to an audio shop to get the work done. Time is money, and you would likely be much further ahead to just put in a new system which is compatible with what you want done.

01-11-2009, 08:43 PM #7
    All excellent answers. Problem is, the car's a lease which is due in one year. Not worth it, I guess I'll have to deal with the static.

01-21-2009, 12:39 PM #8
    Use an aftermarket FM Modulator Box.

You plug it into the Antenna port of your car stereo, plug your original antenna into the Modulator, and then the Modulator has input / ouput ports.

I use one and it's not bad at all.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&r...or&btnG=Search

08-26-2009, 11:15 AM #9

Anyone know how to

Anyone know the difference between Pentium and Xeon processor?

The only thing I can find is that Xeon motherboards support more than one processor socket