Page 3 of 4 1234
    Enthusiast
    01-04-2009, 02:09 PM #21
    Agreed with Charles and everyone who believes this forum is a great vehicle for all SIRIUS investors to share their views.

I also agree with those above, who believe that SiriusOwner is a negative, self absorbed, bloated, egotistical, loudmouth who seems to enjoy casting himself on a higher level of knowledge than the rest of us (for reasons not understood so far.....) and I don't care for him or his writing at all.

Most of us are in the same boat here: We've lost money on this stock, we're frustrated that it hasn't moved beyond it's current state and we're all just waiting for it to make that jump. It doesn't take a rocket scientist (or any of SiriusOwners Mathematical Theorems) to know that the stock is stuck until refinancing is achieved and cost synergies from the newly formed merger are realized for a few quarters, consistently. So here we wait.....and chat.

Sirius Owner does not chat, he gives better than thou sermons......all of which I can do without. I bet sermons like the ones he spews on this site, in his particularly annoying and egotistical tone, kept a young SiriusOwner without lunch money and stuffed inside of his gym locker for most of his formative years in the Oil patch.......

Glad you made it out of the gym locker Sirius Owner and try to stay behaved....or you might find yourself back in there.

Cheers,
    -Whynot

01-04-2009, 02:24 PM #22
    Whynot,

TOOOO FUNNY & SPOT ON!!!!!!!

Apex,

I love reading your post (I really like the sports notes at the end) however I will have to disagree with your last post. If "percieved" (remember I cant spell, I also dont have an 1928383 IQ like other on this board) risk on HY moves off the historically high spread and back to pre LEH (sept 15th) days this could cause a pop in the stock and I could only imagine how many buy stops could be out there between the 13-17 cent level (long and SHORTS) you where wrong about the NAZ rolling over (unlike other admited being wrong, we really appreciate that) you could be wrong here too. Demain made a good point risk is higher being out right now then in. Charles is also playing a VERY dangerous game of allowing taxes to wage the investment dog and will kick him self if he has to chase this thing up to $.80. We all have are different stgy's but 99% of us know it will not matter if you bought at $2, $1, $.50 or $.25 ALL will be happy when this monster turns into a cash cow!!! 25 to 1!! or bust!! You could not pull these 300,000 shares out of my COLD DEAD HANDS

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!! When SIRIXM turns a profit we need to take Tyler and the gang to VEGAS!!!!!!!!!

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    01-04-2009, 02:55 PM #23
    Cheers to that LIBOR!!! Well said!!!

Loner Sirius ~~~

Enthusiast
    01-04-2009, 06:17 PM #24

Siri fiesta!!

Quote Originally Posted by LIBOR/TED SPREAD View Post
    Whynot,

TOOOO FUNNY & SPOT ON!!!!!!!

Apex,

I love reading your post (I really like the sports notes at the end) however I will have to disagree with your last post. If "percieved" (remember I cant spell, I also dont have an 1928383 IQ like other on this board) risk on HY moves off the historically high spread and back to pre LEH (sept 15th) days this could cause a pop in the stock and I could only imagine how many buy stops could be out there between the 13-17 cent level (long and SHORTS) you where wrong about the NAZ rolling over (unlike other admited being wrong, we really appreciate that) you could be wrong here too. Demain made a good point risk is higher being out right now then in. Charles is also playing a VERY dangerous game of allowing taxes to wage the investment dog and will kick him self if he has to chase this thing up to $.80. We all have are different stgy's but 99% of us know it will not matter if you bought at $2, $1, $.50 or $.25 ALL will be happy when this monster turns into a cash cow!!! 25 to 1!! or bust!! You could not pull these 300,000 shares out of my COLD DEAD HANDS

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!! When SIRIXM turns a profit we need to take Tyler and the gang to VEGAS!!!!!!!!!
    Ted,

My pleasure mate and I'm glad we can all have a laugh.....I'm also in for the idea that we ALL get together when this stock hits $2 (so the long's that bought in a while ago are closer to breakeven and those of us averaged in at under .50, can ALL feel some financial love), then HEAD STRAIGHT TO VEGAS-SIRI FIESTA!!!

Cheers,
    -Whynot

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    01-04-2009, 07:53 PM #25
    Hey Whynot,

When all goes well you guys mind if a Canadian Boy tags along to your "VEGAS-SIRI FIESTA!!!"?

Cheers guys!

Long Sirius ~~~
    Last edited by Hopeful; 01-04-2009 at 07:56 PM.

Mentor
    01-04-2009, 08:36 PM #26
    Newman - it is so obvious that you secretly want SIRI to go down or nowhere until your 30 day wash rule time period is up. That's OK and I understand being in that position. I have been there many times and I understand the psychology. Sometimes it has worked out and sometimes it hasn't. I secretly hope that SIRI takes a dive on Monday as I am planning on buying another chunk....oh, I guess it's not a secret anymore.
    I have actually been deleting many of my posts because I make them, wandering if my theory is based on true analytics or hope that I don't miss anything. I swear that I thought long and hard about selling and the majority of my points are reasons that I came up with that enticed me to sell (or calmed my fears down enough to sell), but there is always the other possibility...

Charles is also playing a VERY dangerous game of allowing taxes to wage the investment dog and will kick him self if he has to chase this thing up to $.80.
    That is not Charles' investment game, it is mine. I am the one who sold for tax purposes, and yes, I check the stock on a constant basis hoping that I do not miss anything. I am thinking about putting in a limit buy in case of a pop, but I dont know...

Mentor
    01-05-2009, 01:05 AM #27
    Newman,

When is your 30 day wash rule period up? Keep in mind that if you buy in before your 30 day's are up you still get the tax benefit, but you can't take it for 2008. It goes into your cost basis towards any future gains etc....

A friend of mine sold for tax purposes @ about .18 a share on Dec. 3rd and said he was buying back in tomorrow. From my experience it is always smart to beat the tax loss selling crowd and not wait till the very end of the year to sell for tax loss reasons....

Whenever I have based my trades on tax considerations, it usually ended up hurting me - but that has been me...

You could always park your money in a different stock that you are bullish on until your 30 days are up - there are a lot of stocks on sale right now. Apple will probably run up going into Macworld, but might sell on the news or lack thereof....or if there is great news at Macworld, the stock may run for awhile, but tech USUALLY slows down going into the spring and summer. I have traded Apple a lot in the past...

Mentor
    01-05-2009, 01:27 AM #28
    I out of town right now with the info readily at hand, but I believe my sell date was December 19th, which puts my 30 days up January 18th. (It is 30 CALANDER days, not trading days, right?)

I have considered putting in a limit order for a purchase if the stock spikes up, say 20 cents, assuming that the spike would be on news, but I know that is very risky which is why I have not done it yet. I have no problems getting back in before the 30 days are up since, as you said, I can still get the deduction added to my cost basis. I think I watch the stock close enough that I won't miss a WHOLE lot.

We still need to get together for a drink. I'll be back in Dallas on Wednesday, but work every day through next monday (including the weekend). I'll PM you my Cell phone #.

Mentor
    01-05-2009, 01:44 AM #29
    Newman,

It is 30 calendar days - not trading days...

I PM'd you my cell phone and email. Looking forward to getting together for a drink...

Anyone else down in the Dallas, TX area?

Demian

Addict
    01-05-2009, 11:23 AM #30
    I am not going anywhere, I just said I may post less because I will probably have less time.

You guys are too funny for me to leave this forum.... oh and Demian, yes I have been right most of the time about this stock, thank you.

Newman - You do not need to wait for 2 more quarters, you just need to wait for the 4th quarter earnings announcement, the 3rd quarter was ok, even with the one time write down. However, keep in mind that 2009 will be though on everyone and also, keep in mind other factors like SIRI's debt, external factors like the automakers and the financial market before loading up...even SIRI's bonds are not safe because of the high risk of default.

I am also developing another technical system for this year (the situation has changed and my old system was not working anymore) to combine with the fundamental analysis for short and medium term trading.

Page 3 of 4 1234