Page 2 of 4 1234
    Mentor
    01-04-2009, 01:53 AM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by doobz26 View Post
    Demian yelling at anyone who doesn't read his intraday thread
    It's not "my" intrady thread and anyone is free to post there - I wish more people would...

If you don't like reading my posts, put me on ignore...

Mentor
    01-04-2009, 02:07 AM #12
    Siriusowner, i would be sad to see you go. I have defended you in multiple articles, and will continue to do so here.

Yes, Siriusowner said that he "thought it would be safe to buy around 14 or maybe a little higher. What has the price been since then? Around 12. Sure, that is still s 15% loss, but it is much better than my 90% loss that I took on the stock. He did not say that it made sence to buy at those levels, he simply said he "thought" that it would be "safe".

I have also said myself that I do not think anything will be happening in the next month to raise the price of the stock. I personally think it will trade flat or down between now and the conference call which I have predicted will happen the second week of February. Basically, what I am saying is that I think that Siriusowner is right: There is absolutely no reason to add to your position or open a new position at this point. If you are a current owner, then hold. You have lost the chance of getting a 2008 tax writeoff, so stick with your guns, but absolutely no reason to add to that position at this point.

Closer to earnings, that would be a different story. If you are not worried about dropping a penny or two between now and then, jump on in. I just personally think that there will be a better entry point.

I do disagree with Siriusowner as to the timeing though. Sure, if you wait to see "when the company confirms that they are in the right track for 2 quarters or more in row" it will be much safer, but we are not in Sirius because we think it is safe, do we? If we wait until 2 quarters of good numbers, we will miss a LARGE part of the jump. I think right before the Q4/2008 CC is the best time to get in.

The thing about investing is that we are all different, and all have different ideas. That is what makes a market. Just because someone's ideas are different from yours, does not make them wrong or right. If you think they are wrong, take advantage of the mistake, but don't bash them to hell for it. Let the numbers talk for themselves... but if they turn out to be right, don't get upset when they throw the numbers back at you.

Mentor
    01-04-2009, 02:09 AM #13
    Quote Originally Posted by doobz26
    Savery is about the only decent writer...
    =( I try to keep a positive attitude, but I always listen to (and post) both sides of the story.

Doobz = StackPointer correct?

Head Honcho
    01-04-2009, 02:51 AM #14
    You guys are all too funny. You bitch at each other and tell each other to leave the boards but, the reality is that you guys like fighting with each other. If you didn't, you would do as others have mentioned and simply ignore people who you may feel are out of their minds.

My 2 cents? When you get overly emotional you discredit your cause (think Hartlieb). Anyone can simly call someone an asshole, it takes skill to prove it elegantly.

That being said, you may now resume fighting!
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    01-04-2009, 02:53 AM #15
    doobz = siriusowner's other account name, lol thats just a joke in case you cant tell. The reason i came to this site is cause it seemed a good place to talk to other siriusinvestors, people who are in the same boat i am currently in, if not a little further sunken then i am, as well as to learn from other investors. I appreciatte siriusowner's insights, yes i get a little heated when i disagree with his comments because from my view they dont make sense, like newman said we all have our own opinion's and idea's, I just think he tends to come off like he is blowing his own horn sometimes. I find doobz comments the most insulting since ive been on this site, no one here claims to be a big time trader except S.O. , well i certainly dont claim to be, if u think were all stupid fan boy's then u should F**k off, amd who cares how much you got invested? so the size of ur wallet matters in what way? YOU F**K...................................

okay okay im calm now just needed to get that out

peace and love
    peace and love

Guru
    01-04-2009, 02:56 AM #16
    and doobz said s.o. is the only one who speaks the truth??????????
    so the rest of us who disagree are lying? or is it just that you guys happen to be the only one who knows the truth? What an egomaniac!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

peace and love
    peace and love

Guru
    01-04-2009, 02:59 AM #17
    damn charles just burned me before i even posted because nothing i said was elegant haha owned

Mentor
    01-04-2009, 09:30 AM #18
    Just to be clear...

I'm far from a SIRI fanboy. I am more interested in information and diversified opinion - and that includes Siriousowner's. I post negative and positive articles. I have started many threads criticizing the company's decisions. In particular, I was extremely upset with many of the recent channel and programing changes. They canceled my favorite channel - Beyond Jazz, and fired my favorite host and program director - Scott Walterman. I have been no fan of SIRI management for many reasons which I have discussed on this board.

There is the company and then there is the stock - and the stock is at .12. The majority of my position has been bought between .12 and .14. I feel that this level provides a great entry point, but I am open and appreciate everyone's opinions - especially those that differ from mine...

I wish Siriousowner would add more specific opinion and commentary about SIRI, instead of going on and on about how he has been so right and others have been so wrong. People come to this board for info and opinion about SIRI - people don't want to waste their time with crap like that. One thing I have learned about life and the market is that the past is dead - it's over and doesn't matter anymore. It's all about NOW and the FUTURE. Sure SIRI has been a POS stock, but will it always be - especially starting from this level now?

Newman - it is so obvious that you secretly want SIRI to go down or nowhere until your 30 day wash rule time period is up. That's OK and I understand being in that position. I have been there many times and I understand the psychology. Sometimes it has worked out and sometimes it hasn't. I secretly hope that SIRI takes a dive on Monday as I am planning on buying another chunk....oh, I guess it's not a secret anymore.
    Last edited by Demian; 01-04-2009 at 10:16 AM.

01-04-2009, 10:21 AM #19
    POSSIBLE PR TOMORROW ON EOY SUB #'s,COH,AAPL news??? or is this just SIRIXM hopes & dreams as "Owned by Sirious" would call it! He is RIGHT it is hope & dreams and YES hope is not a good stratigy and that is why "Owned by Sirius" should stick to company's with proven track record, no debt, billions in cash, and pays a dividend!! OFCOURSE THIS IS WHY HE IS A UT FAN!! UT = GREAT HISTORY, BEST TALENT, & BAND WAGON FANS as 80% never spent 1 day on campus TEXAS TECH = NO RESPECT NO HISTORY. "owned by sirious" would never have guessed in a million years that TEXAS TECH would have cost TEXAS the national championship this year but us TEXAS TECH fans with LESS TALENT, LESS $, NO RESPECT have one thing on our side each year HOPE!!!!!!!!!!! To explain it to "owned by sirious" like a 3rd grader so maybe he can understand where we are coming from. MSFT, AAPL, CAT, IBM = UT SIRIXM = TEXAS TECH We know most are betting against us but in our hearts we BELIEVE and HOPE for the best and feel we understand the company FUTURE better then most!!!!!!

Enthusiast
    01-04-2009, 12:05 PM #20
    SIRIUSOWNER..and too all.. I sold all my stocks a wile back when it was 17-18 range and the rest after proxy meeting.. as sirius will dilute shares to pay debt and when they do stock price will tank to 8-10 range thats when I will jump back in.. as i am a trader thats how I make my money and my stock picks on here speak for themselves

sirius will not move till debt is refinanced or payed in shares.. period.. !!

it will not trend up with market to .15-.17 we have had a 130 pt rally in nasdaq and sirius is same as it was..

when they pay off /dilute shares/eliminate debt then sirius will trend up .25-.30 quickly.. untill then your stuck in the mud!!

Page 2 of 4 1234