Head Honcho
    01-02-2009, 01:52 PM #1

Follow SiriusBuzz on Twitter and Facebook

After a few requests from readers, I have created new Twitter and Facebook pages for SiriusBuzz. Before I incorporate them into the actual design of the site I wanted to ask you guys if you would be interested in following SiriusBuzz in any other ways?

In addition to Twitter and Facebook automatically publishing all articles from the blog, I will also be going out of my to "twit" additional interesting news that you wouldn’t normally see on the site, take news tips from you guys, and answer support questions about the site.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    01-02-2009, 11:15 PM #2
    Myspace too much to ask?

Enthusiast
    01-03-2009, 02:22 AM #3
    I kind of think it dilutes Siriusbuzz.com Activity in the forum has been kind of slow and having additional sites might keep people form visiting directly or at all.

Head Honcho
    01-03-2009, 04:36 AM #4
    Newman, do they allow pages for sites? Will it pull a feed and display the stories?

James, I dont think it does in the slightest. Twitter is not going to give you the full feed, it just alerts you to the fact that a new article has been posted and gives you a link to the story (take a look for yourself). If anything it would increase traffic to the site.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    01-04-2009, 01:46 AM #5
    Dont know about any of that, that is just the only "social site" that I belong to (rarely log in though, but I know many that do on a daily basis)

Head Honcho
    01-04-2009, 02:45 AM #6
    I never used myspace myself as it was always too spammy and I am seeing more and more of my friends, colleagues, and coworkers move over to facebook because it has a much cleaner/professional feel.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Banned
    01-04-2009, 07:01 PM #7
    MySpace is a complete mess.
    Facebook is heading the same way.
    Does Twitter even work? I signed up and was subscribed to get in on the StarPlayr beta and never got the notice. In fact, the only thing I was able to do was turn it on and off. My experience is that it does not work and would kill my text messaging with worthless info.

Head Honcho
    01-04-2009, 07:27 PM #8
    I agree that facebook will go the way of myspace if they don't stop now. People like simple and intuitive when it comes to apps and if Zuckerberg was smart he would leave well enough alone.

Twitter deffinately does work, there are some advanced settings for receiveing text messages and such (take a look at their FAQ and make sure your settings are correct) although I simply use the web interface and it works quite well.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Banned
    01-04-2009, 07:38 PM #9
    I originally tried to set it up for my phone, but didn't work. I am thinking about getting a Twitter app for the iPhone to test it out. My only concern is text messages. I do not have an unlimited amount of them. If all it is going to do is eat up my messages, not a chance I will use it.

First, I would need to get it to work.

Addict
    01-06-2009, 08:49 AM #10

Follow SiriusBuzz on Twitter and Facebook

I Think SiriusBuzz is Great. Before I found it I didnt have a clue what was going on with Sirius... Other then the bashers I really enjoy SiriusBuzz and have Learned alot...I would concentrate on promoting more about SiriusBuzz because I wish I found it sooner!!! Thanks