Page 1 of 2 12
    12-31-2008, 12:56 AM #1

I have literally no shares of Sirius. Should I buy in now?

My head is spinning...

This stock seems to be a NO brainer at this price....

Then... Goldman Sachs, Cramer, Shorting, CONSPIRACIES, Convertables coming due 3 times next year. I get why SO many people are scared.

My question is this:

In your most HONEST opinion, if you had no position in the company right now, (like me) would you buy in now?

Thanks. I can't wait to read. Dave

Head Honcho
    12-31-2008, 01:15 AM #2
    No one can answer that without knowing where you are at financially. Do you have money to play with? Are all of your bills paid? Do you earn a good living? How old are you?

My answer... if you have a few extra bucks that you are not afraid to lose... I think this is a very good price. Are there better buys out there? Probably but, this one sure is fun.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

12-31-2008, 01:19 AM #3
    Thanks for responding.

Im 35. Married. No kids. It would literally be a block by block investment over the next 3-4 months.

These are long term prospects. I am reading the conference call now and in general, as a subscriber, I love the service.

Do have $1000s to waste, no? But as 09 moves along I will have more and more liquidity.

Mentor
    12-31-2008, 02:12 AM #4
    Stories have abounded on message boards here and other places about people who have mortgaged a house or taken on large loans to get into a position in Sirius. As to the truthfullness of this, who knows, but it is definately not a smart thing to do.

Some say it is a bad risk, some say it is a good risk. I say it doesnt matter, as long as you find it a CALCULATED risk, with money that you may never see again. If I were in your position and had some spare cash, I could see putting it into Sirius.

Think of it this way: If you would be willing to go down to the corner store and drop all of that money into Lottery Tickets, then put it into Sirius instead. If not? Then you probably are not willing to loose it all, and should not invest it into Sirius at this time.

Enthusiast
    12-31-2008, 03:31 AM #5
    no risk no reward -buy some.

12-31-2008, 01:25 PM #6
    Newman,

Did you sell your SIRI shares? Your disclaimer used to say Long SIRI and now says No Position.

Enthusiast
    12-31-2008, 01:28 PM #7

newman's advice

I think his analogy is the best; if you've got money you don't need, sure, why not; i mean how many companies are there that show growth, as far as amounts of subscribers year by year, and consistent reduction of the EPS, year after year, which company has a virtual monopoly; and offers one helluva great product, that sell for the price of a tootsie roll per share, other than siri? for those of us who own shares, one must just believe, day after day, that mel will find a way, mel will find a way...

Mentor
    12-31-2008, 01:50 PM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by howzzat View Post
    Newman,

Did you sell your SIRI shares? Your disclaimer used to say Long SIRI and now says No Position.

He sold to take the tax loss for 2008 and is planning on buying back after the 30 day wash rule is up....

Enthusiast
    12-31-2008, 02:17 PM #9
    if you have 10k dont load up on sirius xm till they payoff debt as the will have to dillute to do it and stock price will drop..

1. buy AUY GOLD WILL BREAKOUT SOON.. auy is a 7$ stock will hit 10-11 range by april..about 2500 worth
    2. buy aapl at 85 about 2500 worth
    3. buy dna about 2500 worth
    4. then for a long term spec by sirius after they pay off debt at .08-.10 for a 1-2 year investment will be a great story for 09-10

Addict
    12-31-2008, 02:27 PM #10

Should I buy in now?

I wish I could buy all over again and I would do it again the only difference is I would have 23800 shares for $2856 vs $14000 I have in it now, and there people who spent much more then that to invested! If you can spare the extra cash GO FOR IT! Lets say you went to vegas for 1 weekend you could spent that with no return, This bet has lasted much longer and I think it has much better chance for a return! Good luck to all longs and may 2009 be our year! And all you bashers GET A LIFE!

Page 1 of 2 12