Page 1 of 2 12
    12-28-2008, 09:59 PM #1

Smile How Sirius XM Can Grow!

I'm curious of other folks feedback but here is what I consider the past course of action to get the company moving in the right direction.

1.) Contact Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo and work out a deal so that Sirius and XM subscribers can stream internet radio off the consoles like NetFlix and XBOX 360 streams movies.

2.) Television ads promoting the MASSIVE music library that the combined Sirius XM have available and the sheer amount of music channels for specific genre's.

3.) Tell teenagers why a Stiletto 2 is better then an iPod. Instead of paying $.99 per song you pay less and can "Love" and record groups of songs for a monthly subscription. Not only will you capture your favorite tracks but you will be exposed to new ones. - not too mention the fact that Vista & XP users can plug in an SL2 and record those tracks into mp3 files to share.

4.) More and more Sat. Rad. A/V Receivers are coming out with hookups for both brands receivers. Offer packaged discounts with some of these partners. Buy an Pioneer Sat. Rad ready receiver and get a Home Connect Tuner for a discount.

5.) Offer accessory package promotions like the cell phone companies. Buy a receiver and get a dock for a discount.

6.) Create a Consumer Research program that can contribute not only beta testing future equipment but also to provide feedback on other issues that only the company and serious long-time enthusiasts could offer, such as on DRC, formerly Sirius Backstage Forum.

7.) Television ads - aggressively - targeting the younger demographics. A no-brainier if the company markets it's music content properly and more strongly promotes the Internet Radio feature available.

8.) Offer the Premium Internet for free for 3 months to new 1 year or more subscriptions.

9.) Offer 1-year free subscriptions to OEM vehicle installs WITHOUT hiding the cost elsewhere - make it free for real.

10.) Get DirecTV and DISH to promote the music channels they host on the Guide.

11.) Partners. You need more. Period. And we are all sitting here waiting to offer the help that could truly change things. Sirius and XM were MAJOR risk takers when they entered the market. It's time to get that risk taking back.

Head Honcho
    12-28-2008, 11:19 PM #2
    Personally I would love to see #1 happen. It would be one more reason for me to use and brag about the service.

That being said, if the company isn't already doing/thinking about everything on your list, they are doing us all an injustice.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Banned
    12-28-2008, 11:44 PM #3
    At the VERY top of your list should be iPhone, Adroid, Palm applications for streaming Sirius. This gives Sirius an avenue to sell internet-only subscriptions and breaks us into a currently unexplored market. It most certainly would lessen our dependence on auto sales.

Enthusiast
    12-29-2008, 04:23 AM #4
    Lots of good ideas here. Email 'em with it.

Mentor
    12-29-2008, 07:08 AM #5
    I think the other thing that is a must for any and all portable recievers is make them compatible with the ipod/mp3 recievers that are being installed in nearly every car now. Why waste time with car adapters when you can plug it directly into the sterio with the iPod jack?

and WiFi for ALL portables.

Addict
    12-29-2008, 11:18 AM #6
    There's no advantage of #1 unless there's no Sat TV or cable. There's Sirius channels in cable and sat TV + there's no reason to store Mp3's in a game console when you can do that in a huge computer hard drive. If the service were to be inlcuded in the monthly fee, then so be it, otherwise I would not pay for it if I were already paying for sat radio.

To make receivers compatible with Apple, NOW we are talking !!! Why not go one step further, why not make ipod MP3 players or iphone and sat radio receivers in the same device ? with the sat radio as an optional subscription ??? Why waste money in 2 devices when you can have it all in one ?

As a matter of fact, why not have sat radio on all portable devices? I've always seen selling a specific device to get someone to subscribe to a specific service as a dumb idea. You have to really want the service to pay for a $100.00 receiver and as a discretionary service you as a consumer know that when things get though, sat radio is the first thing to go out the door, even earlier than sat TV, which makes the decision to buy that $100.00 receiver weven more difficult. You see it on cable TX, Sat TV, Cell phones, etc... they give away the device for free not just a docking station !!!

Stiletto ?... do the ipod, it is proven and cooler. Use Apple massive marketing. I think striking a deal with Apple is a must. Forget about research and development, why would you want to develop something when they have the ipod ? Let them develop the next gen.

Definetely, advertising, massive to everyone not just teens. In the end who pays for the subscription ?

Free 3 month subscriptions, definetely. A year maybe a little too much. Give away the receiver instead of the subscription.

More partners ? They just need Apple to begin with. After Apple they can explore others...

12-29-2008, 11:44 AM #7
    Getting SiriusXM on Xbox Live would be great. For a lot of the sports games you have the annoying commentators that are repetitive and annoying. Now I just put on my DirecTV - and turn it to Classic Rewind and blast that. There would be a lot of things you could do with a partnership. Save songs to your console's hard drive and make playlist for games etc.. They got Netflix now - why not SiriusXM?

12-29-2008, 11:49 AM #8
    with the 360 now you can stream everything from your computer, but I'd rather listen to Opie & Anthony off of Directv. No idea why they had to fing remove that channel. Now I have to order the best of siriusxm and play it onthe starplyr on my computer.

Head Honcho
    12-29-2008, 12:40 PM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    There's no advantage of #1 unless there's no Sat TV or cable. There's Sirius channels in cable and sat TV + there's no reason to store Mp3's in a game console when you can do that in a huge computer hard drive. If the service were to be inlcuded in the monthly fee, then so be it, otherwise I would not pay for it if I were already paying for sat radio.
    My cable company does not offer any sirius xm channels. Also, there is plenty good reason to store MP3's on an xbox 360. Game consoles are no longer simply game consoles, they are now full blown media centers with hundreds of gigs of hard drive space (mine is 120gb and its swappable). I can pass media from my 360 to my comp and visa versa across my network.

Just wanted to give you the heads up.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Addict
    12-29-2008, 01:21 PM #10
    I know all that and as I mentioned, if they were to add an "included with subscription" Sirius channel to the Wii, I'd probably download it to stream SIRI just for convenience.

Perhaps if everyone else agree to pay extra, it may make sense to develop such an application; otherwise, it does not make sense because it would not bring what they are after, additional revenue.

I guess is a good a idea as long as they charge for it...and that may be a though sell (is like charging for Sirius over the internet to its current subscribers, XM radio did not charge for internet stream as far as I know).

Page 1 of 2 12