12-28-2008, 04:22 PM #1

Sirius Radio should expand!

First, this is my first post on the forum but I'm a long time reader and am glad to be aboard the SiriusBuzz family!

I have been thinking for quite a while now about the Sirius Premium/Regular Internet streams. I absolutely LOVE my Premium stream connected to my home A/V receiver. The sound quality is phenomenal!

But I don't see Sirius XM really promoting it as much as they could. Recently XBOX and NetFlix teamed up to allow subscribers of both services to watch movies on there consoles. I think it would be awesome to see Sirius XM approach Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo and discuss possible ways of offering subscribers the ability to stream our Internet Radio to our consoles.

Not only would it help compete with iTunes but it would be a great way to target a younger demographic who has yet to experience the amazing music library and family oriented programming.

Any thoughts?

Banned
    12-28-2008, 05:44 PM #2
    I agree. There are quite a few things they should be doing now, but don't seem to be. Streaming to consoles, iPhone app, Android app, other cell phone providers. The growth could be explosive, but they have seem to be fixaed on the auto market.

12-28-2008, 10:10 PM #3
    I know it. With the auto market in crisis I think they need to shift directions dramatically. I have been posting my ideas all over the web about how Sirius XM can grow, including on this forum.

I absolutely love the product but it's being mis-marketed and the wrong demographic is being targeted - they succeeded with the original target, Stern Fans specifically, but now it's time to boast about the massive music library and offer alternative delivery systems like the XBOX or PS3 for example to compete with iTunes/iPod (which is why it will never be available on the iPhone without a hack).

I mean, Sirius XM offers some pretty darn cool devices, especially the portables. Not too mention the host of accessories and discounts available at smaller retailers like TSS Radio. What we need to do as current subscribers is get that buzz back out there but we need to do it by getting the company involved and getting them to listen to our feedback.

All thoughts and suggestions should be posted here and a link emailed to Sirius XM execs.

Banned
    12-28-2008, 11:49 PM #4
    SSF

Send your ideas to mkarmazin@siriusradio.com (or mkarmazin@sirius-radio.com). I sent an email there a few months back and it never kicked back, so it must be good. You can also forward me a copy at egiscoder@aol.com and I will try and throw some words behind it on my blog http://siriusidea.blogspot.com. I have not written anything there for a few months, but there are many ideas there that I have been forwarding to Sirius.

01-04-2009, 12:06 PM #5
    Thanks for the links! I'm going to check out your blog right now.