12-31-2008, 11:28 AM #1

Which are the best Sirius radios to purchase?

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to buy a boombox along with a second Sirius radio. Basically, it'll be for poolside so radio presets are my main concern. I currently own the Sportster 5, which I love, but I don't really know the difference between the various radios. Any help would be appreciated as the descriptions are all pretty similar. Thanks.

12-31-2008, 02:18 PM #2
    I would honestly recommend a Stiletto 2. They are compatible with several different boom boxes/docks and offer a total of 30 Channel Presets! Plus the device is completely solid now that they fixed the bugs it originally suffered at launch.
    Last edited by SSF; 01-04-2009 at 12:11 PM.

12-31-2008, 02:25 PM #3
    I just got a Stiletto 2 for Christmas and I am really impressed. I just got it activated on Monday and I am loving it. It has lots of cool features and I really like the WIFI option.

Daniel

12-31-2008, 02:28 PM #4
    The WiFis is an excellent addition and if you add the Premium Internet stream the sound quality is superb! I also like the Favorite Teams feature that allows the SL2 to tune into your favorite professional and college sports teams when the games broadcast! Add the fact that you can install 8gb of additional memory and you have one mean, lean mp3 player with live Satellite and Internet radio.
    Last edited by SSF; 01-04-2009 at 12:10 PM.

01-23-2009, 10:07 AM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by SSF View Post
    I would honestly recommend a Stiletto 2. They are compatible with several different boom boxes/docks and offer a total of 30 Channel Presets! Plus the device is completely solid now that they fixed the bugs it originally suffered at launch.
    I would like to know where all these compatible boomboxes are? I have found maybe 1 or 2. And they are very bulky for the beach. Please if you can, point me in the direction where I can purchase a differnet one thats is compatible for the Stiletto 2. Thank you.

Addict
    01-31-2009, 08:33 PM #6
    Fri, January 30, 2009

XM excellenceGet the most out of satellite radio with the latest portable hardware
    By STEVE TILLEY

http://www.ottawasun.com/Lifestyle/G...98741-sun.html

01-31-2009, 09:36 PM #7
    If you are looking for a compatible radio so that you can use the same boom box and docks you already have then I would go with either another Sportster 5 or a Starmate 4 or 5. They all are able to preset 30 channels and have Sirius replay feature and are Best of XM compatible as well. So pretty much have same features as a Stiletto except for the ability to save programming to memory.

02-01-2009, 10:21 AM #8
    I wound up getting a boombox with a sportster 5. The boombox sounds pretty decent, even has a sub woofer placed at the bottom of the radio. Best part is, my buddy works at the distributor for Sirius products so I got the whole mess for half price!

So I have another question, this time concerning the Stilletto 200. I'd primarily be using this on the train to work so I was wondering if any of you could let me know what your experience with the unit has been. More specifically, I'd like to know if I would experience signal loss when I step inside the train. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, great forum! Although I haven't contributed much so far I'm a regular lurker and find this to be the best Sirius related forum that I've come across to date.

02-02-2009, 02:03 PM #9
    The Starmate 5 is the only Ala Carte Radio, which means if you just wanted some basic music channels and stuff a new subscriber could get in for only $6.99 per month. But you could also have the $9.99 plans or the $12.95 plan or the $12.95 plus best of XM plan for $16.99

The Sportster 5 is the most feature rich besides the Ala Carte feature. But keep in mind all the newer radios since about the Sportster 4 are capable of the $9.99 plans. See here. http://www.sirius.com/packages/more