Page 3 of 5 12345
    Addict
    12-20-2008, 11:57 PM #21
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    official sirius stock stats:
    sirius owner -1440
    tripping -323

tripping in the lead by over a thousand, oh my
    Sure. What makes you think I have lost $1440 in this trade ? That was the original cost. Nothing has a straight line up or down.

Enthusiast
    12-21-2008, 12:05 AM #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    The Lehman effect. This was felt more by companies with bad fundamentals.

I agree with you, the economy sucks but, why have other companies "only" lost 40% or 50% and not 96%. Everyone is looking for an explanation and the explanation is there, in the fundamentals. Other companies with similar fundamentals have lost everything - circuit city is one of them -. Others with a little bit better fundamentals are strugling - GM, Ford.

There's a saying in Wall Street: "Money follows earnings". Can anyone tell me what SIRIUS last 1,2,3, 4, etc... quarter earnings have been ?

There's also the saying that: "A stock and a company are not always the same thing". This obviously applies to its price in 2003.
    GOOG lost almost 70% of its value. GE lost 70% as well. Apple's stock seen a 60% loss. 3M almost 50%. And I'm referring to the lows of the year obviously. My point is stocks with fundamentals have been pounded. Maybe not 96%, but 70% down is NOTHING to be happy about.

So in this Fear-filled environment it's time to pick up some risky stocks. Lots of them will be 10x baggers in the future, some will go Bk. People get greedy and people get fearful. I'm here to capitalize on that, lol.

Addict
    12-21-2008, 01:00 AM #23
    Quote Originally Posted by m4svt View Post
    GOOG lost almost 70% of its value. GE lost 70% as well. Apple's stock seen a 60% loss. 3M almost 50%. And I'm referring to the lows of the year obviously. My point is stocks with fundamentals have been pounded. Maybe not 96%, but 70% down is NOTHING to be happy about.

So in this Fear-filled environment it's time to pick up some risky stocks. Lots of them will be 10x baggers in the future, some will go Bk. People get greedy and people get fearful. I'm here to capitalize on that, lol.

There nothing wrong with buying when there's blood in the street; however, when there's blood in the street there's no need to get overly greedy. If GE lost 70% ,3M 50%, Apple 60%, why not invest in them ? They look very attractive at these prices and they have sound fundamentals. Why penny stocks ? I do not understand, if you want risk, there's risk even if you buy GE at its current price. Why Sirius ? Is it the adrenaline ? Is it like a forbbiden love ? Is it like the original sin ? Am I missing something ?... TELL ME WHAT IT IS !!! I am beginning to short circuit here... Buying Sirius is completely irrational, then again, you humans are irrational creatures, that may be it... yes I am sure that is it !

Enthusiast
    12-21-2008, 01:10 AM #24
    There nothing wrong with buying when there's blood in the street; however, when there's blood in the street there's no need to get overly greedy. If GE lost 70% ,3M 50%, Apple 60%, why not invest in them ? They look very attractive at these prices and they have sound fundamentals. Why penny stocks ? I do not understand, if you want risk, there's risk even if you buy GE at its current price. Why Sirius ? Is it the adrenaline ? Is it like a forbbiden love ? Is it like the original sin ? Am I missing something ?... TELL ME WHAT IT IS !!! I am beginning to short circuit here... Buying Sirius is completely irrational, then again, you humans are irrational creatures, that may be it... yes I am sure that is it !
    I already own all of those haha. I need a risky stock for big rewards. I like the company, I like the product, I have both XM and Sirius, I think Howard's great and I like Mel's history. So with that said I think sirius is much better than terrestrial radio, great on long trips, love the commercial free siri. And I think the pay radio model will work. So I bet on the stock going up.

Guru
    12-21-2008, 01:18 AM #25
    pffff excuses, if u bought it at 50 something cents your down quite a bit no matter how u spin it.

Addict
    12-21-2008, 01:26 AM #26
    I already own all of those haha. I need a risky stock for big rewards. I like the company, I like the product, I have both XM and Sirius, I think Howard's great and I like Mel's history. So with that said I think sirius is much better than terrestrial radio, great on long trips, love the commercial free siri. And I think the pay radio model will work. So I bet on the stock going up.
    How about the risk ? Big and unlimited too ? I like Sat Radio too, that did not make me want to invest on it.

Anyway, everyone in the forum performed the same analysis as you did when they bought some SIRI's shares... unfortunately, some ended up paying dearly for their mistakes. Check this post:

http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1139

Enthusiast
    12-21-2008, 01:30 AM #27
    How about the risk ? Big and unlimited too ? I like Sat Radio too, that did not make me want to invest on it.

Anyway, everyone in the forum performed the same analysis as you did when they bought some SIRI's shares... unfortunately, some ended up paying dearly for their mistakes. Check this post:

http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1139
    I know, I've been a buyer since '04. And I've actually made a profit on this stock when stern was announced, haha.

Addict
    12-21-2008, 01:31 AM #28
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    pffff excuses, if u bought it at 50 something cents your down quite a bit no matter how u spin it.
    If you call $600 quite a bit then we are in different leagues my boy.

Addict
    12-21-2008, 01:34 AM #29
    I know, I've been a buyer since '04. And I've actually made a profit on this stock when stern was announced, haha.
    So you sold it ? And then what, bought it again ?

Enthusiast
    12-21-2008, 01:35 AM #30
    So you sold it ? And then what, bought it again ?
    got in at 4ish sold at 6.50 few weeks later... been back in at 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, pennies lol.