Page 2 of 5 1234 ...
    Enthusiast
    12-20-2008, 10:19 PM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    Why did oil hit $147 in July ? Why is it $37 NOW ?
    Exactly my point. Let's not kid ourselves, oil will not stay this cheap forever.

Guru
    12-20-2008, 10:21 PM #12
    i know its a speculative stock, im not talking bout the stock and what its categorized under, im talking about the fact that sirius as a COMPANY is growing. I may not analyze stuff as much as you do siriusowner, i have a diff method, i use plain old common sense. I heard analysts usually have a lower return than your avg investr, correct me if im wrong on that one. Anyway we both are buying this stock, so why do i always feel like your trying to keep people from buying it? I dont get your approach, i keep coming to the same question, if ur so negative about this stock, why on earth would u be buying it? Can i ask what price you bought in at? maybe you should be giving yourself a hardtime about how to invest if you lost money on this stock, cause i bet ive loss less, whcih means i made the better decision, which means i win

Guru
    12-20-2008, 10:24 PM #13
    Quote Originally Posted by m4svt View Post
    Exactly my point. Let's not kid ourselves, oil will not stay this cheap forever.
    i will start buying oil around jan-feb, lots of money to be made there, unless some1 produces a new fuel to replace oil, lol thats funny

Addict
    12-20-2008, 10:34 PM #14
    Speculation has not driven SIRI's stock price down though... When SIRI was$9.00 it was speculation, now that is 11 or 12 cents is fundamentals - ok maybe some speculation, but tell me, speculation about what ? BK ? The price has been going down, not up.

Lets not kid ourselves, SIRI's stock price may not stay this cheap forever... If there's a forever for SIRI.

Guru
    12-20-2008, 10:43 PM #15
    Speculation has not driven SIRI's stock price down though... When SIRI was$9.00 it was speculation, now that is 11 or 12 cents is fundamentals - ok maybe some speculation, but tell me, speculation about what ? BK ? The price has been going down, not up.

Lets not kid ourselves, SIRI's stock price may not stay this cheap forever... If there's a forever for SIRI.

Totally agree with the last statement lol, and nothing is forever
    Last edited by trippingthespeculatingpos; 12-20-2008 at 10:48 PM.

Addict
    12-20-2008, 10:46 PM #16
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    i know its a speculative stock, im not talking bout the stock and what its categorized under, im talking about the fact that sirius as a COMPANY is growing. I may not analyze stuff as much as you do siriusowner, i have a diff method, i use plain old common sense. I heard analysts usually have a lower return than your avg investr, correct me if im wrong on that one. Anyway we both are buying this stock, so why do i always feel like your trying to keep people from buying it? I dont get your approach, i keep coming to the same question, if ur so negative about this stock, why on earth would u be buying it? Can i ask what price you bought in at? maybe you should be giving yourself a hardtime about how to invest if you lost money on this stock, cause i bet ive loss less, whcih means i made the better decision, which means i win
    Again, someone trying to beat me... you 1 Siriusowner 0, right ? This is not a game, it is about capital preservation. If I wanted to gamble I would have gone to Vegas.

By now my losses are probably a lot less than yours, I posted my trades a few weeks ago. You see, I hedge with options and last week I sold some more of the $2.50 Jan 2010 calls - yes, I could not belive someone would buy them.

There's a difference in the way you and me trade. You accumulate, I do not. I do have 3200 shares of SIRI as an investment though but I have not added any since I bought them BACK @ .57. I was close to buy $10000 worth of SIRI last week as a swing trade but the stock did not give me the chance. SIRI has been a difficult stock to swing tradeor even to decide if its worth adding to the 3200 shares...

I guess you are right, I am having a hard time but not because I lost money but because I do not want to go short all the time on it.
    Last edited by Siriusowner; 12-20-2008 at 10:53 PM.

Guru
    12-20-2008, 10:53 PM #17
    not its not a game, so i will put it like this, when it comes to investing in sirius, i have preserved more capital than you. so there for i am a better preserver of capital than you(when it comes to sirius stock) therefore i am the champion.

Enthusiast
    12-20-2008, 10:57 PM #18

I didn't quote you on "speculation," I quoted you on oil's high and low...

3 months ago, sept 19th SIRI was trading at $1.00, now it's 11 cents. Can you tell me what has changed so drastically to warrant a 90% decrease? SIRI had the same debt then. If anything, Sirius has cut costs, brought the 300ishM due feb down to 200ish. I mean, is Sirius losing subs for the quarter? Will they be negative for once? Has a new competitor emerged? Did Howard leave (lol)? Is Mel dead? Do they not have 4.5b shares of cushion?

History repeats itself, Sirius could have went bk in '03. Instead it went from $.3x to $9 in less than 2 years. I don't know if it's gonna happen again, but I sure hope it does. All I know is that FEAR has taken over the market and that fundamentals do mean shit (and I am not referring to SIRI stock which has been a shorts fav for years).

Guru
    12-20-2008, 10:57 PM #19
    official sirius stock stats:
    sirius owner -1440
    tripping -323

tripping in the lead by over a thousand, oh my

Addict
    12-20-2008, 11:43 PM #20
    I didn't quote you on "speculation," I quoted you on oil's high and low...

3 months ago, sept 19th SIRI was trading at $1.00, now it's 11 cents. Can you tell me what has changed so drastically to warrant a 90% decrease? SIRI had the same debt then. If anything, Sirius has cut costs, brought the 300ishM due feb down to 200ish. I mean, is Sirius losing subs for the quarter? Will they be negative for once? Has a new competitor emerged? Did Howard leave (lol)? Is Mel dead? Do they not have 4.5b shares of cushion?

History repeats itself, Sirius could have went bk in '03. Instead it went from $.3x to $9 in less than 2 years. I don't know if it's gonna happen again, but I sure hope it does. All I know is that FEAR has taken over the market and that fundamentals do mean shit (and I am not referring to SIRI stock which has been a shorts fav for years).
    The Lehman effect. This was felt more by companies with bad fundamentals.

I agree with you, the economy sucks but, why have other companies "only" lost 40% or 50% and not 96%. Everyone is looking for an explanation and the explanation is there, in the fundamentals. Other companies with similar fundamentals have lost everything - circuit city is one of them -. Others with a little bit better fundamentals are strugling - GM, Ford.

There's a saying in Wall Street: "Money follows earnings". Can anyone tell me what SIRIUS last 1,2,3, 4, etc... quarter earnings have been ?

There's also the saying that: "A stock and a company are not always the same thing". This obviously applies to its price in 2003.

Page 2 of 5 1234 ...