Page 6 of 14 ... 45678 ...
    Guru
    02-25-2009, 09:18 AM #51
    I haven't checked my email in a couple days. I look forward to a very brief reply to this one....after several days of things looking up, all of a sudden this week the morning rotation is like the same 4 songs. Arab money, Kanye West Heart, or whatever its called and a couple others.

Funny thing was, on my way to work i was listening to FM and one of HHN's high rotation songs came on and I was singing along...I wonder why I like the song on FM but hate it on Sirius xm. Im sure its because I have higher expectations for Sirius XM, and the fact it costs out of pocket money.

Since Im getting the XMP3 on sunday I haven't even turned my FM radio on in my truck in about a week out of sheer disgust of the lame rotations and commercials, can't wait for Sirius XM on my way to work. I'll be a happier person.

02-25-2009, 04:10 PM #52

Angry Leo G

I think leo g has been handcuffed or he's got some leftover fruit snack raps to get rid of. I'm an og and i really like shoguns you know that slice and dice shit.

Kevin

Guru
    02-25-2009, 06:45 PM #53

Check the posts above for the email addresses to contact them also.

I don't think its Leo G's choice at this point. Ptrip said he even mentioned it on his show that a request wasn't "mainstream enough" to be played.

03-03-2009, 07:16 PM #54
    After 4 weeks in a row of trying to get Celo to play a request through his IM I gave in and had to say something a little more to get his attention. It worked and he basically told me he was being "held back" .. I asked him why he says to IM him for requests but wont play them and why he only plays regular rotation songs over and over. Was just curious because when he first came over he always said "**** the rotation I get wrote up for you guys every weekend." also shared my opinions of Dion Summers(Senior Programmer) with him..He said "Man I hate it, I just do this bullshit for a check." and as concerns to going off the rotation and playing requests he said "They wont let me do it anymore, your boy dion"

This is very unsettling to me, the only way your getting a request played if you actually wanted to request something would be for it be a heavy played song already in rotation, yet their still be told to IM you for your requests and that they are "unbiased hip hop"..so far from the truth.

Guru
    03-03-2009, 09:39 PM #55
    what the heck is this aim thing, I just signed up to im celo and it seems so stupid, is there not a live chat? I just send an im and sit and nothing happens. Is that what you mean you sent them for 4 weeks before getting a response?

03-03-2009, 10:05 PM #56
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    what the heck is this aim thing, I just signed up to im celo and it seems so stupid, is there not a live chat? I just send an im and sit and nothing happens. Is that what you mean you sent them for 4 weeks before getting a response?
    Something to that extent. When the merger first happend they started doing it, Leo G, Nina 9, Celo all have IM's..and since I have IM on my phone its pretty easy to throw in a request if their is something I want to hear. At first, their was no problems all 3 would play your songs, than Leo said he couldn't play a song because it wasn't main stream enough. Now, Celo who use to talk and play your request doesn't even respond to your IM's(what happend to you)so basically its a phony request program now where they say they'll play your requests but essentialy ignore you. Nina still does a ok job with the IM but I think she may be in the "request" time slot from 6-10PM. It's just really shady business imo, your trying to make the listeners think these are the only songs being requested and their not even being requested.

Guru
    03-03-2009, 10:32 PM #57
    sweet. I got ahold of Celo during tonights show and he responded through AIM. He said to make sure to check out his midnight show. Tomorrow im ordering the XMP3 (finally) and ill record that show for sure.

Guru
    03-03-2009, 11:11 PM #58
    I emailed Dion:

I received your email address from some online Hip hop fans and hope you'll accept my input.

I really like the Mix Shows and the special DJ's. Please look into moving their late night content into the day time more than the current schedule of having the mainstream repetitive rotation in the morning. I am getting an XMP3 for the recording features so I can catch the shows that are on after 10, but I would love to catch them live of course (Replays would not be a solution though, Live is the way to go) I do feel like a morning drive of some mainstream hip hop is a good idea, but the playlist is so small right now, I can hear the same 3 songs during my morning workout everyday (please change it up)!

I read alot of fans are dissapointed by the loss of XM RAW and are unwilling to give HHN or Shade 45 a chance. I have noticed dramatic improvement since the first day of the merging of channels. Shade 45 is a great format that should stay. However, I think with the reduced options having a dedicated Eminem station doesn't cut it. I would like to see this channel turn into more of a RAW, straight up thug type rap, more like RAW used to be. HHN can cover the more mainstream Rap (with the continuation of Mix shows on nights and weekends).

Some people complain about the talking, but I love hearing the artist interviews where the artist can express their minds unlike on FM where they sound like they are just promoting something. I like being able to switch between the two in case Im not in the mood for this type of programming. Which is HHN for me, but HHN plays so much repetition its sometimes unbearable.

Thanks for listening. In summary I guess the biggest, most important change, the thing that actually upsets me...is the repetition on HHN. I tried to throw out some thoughts above but really the thing that needs tweaked is the repetition needs to go. You need to trust the DJ's. My favorite DJ's are Celo, Leo G and Nina Nine. Not to take away from the others though because i haven't heard them enough.

Right now Im listening to Shade 45 and they are talking to Qtip and taking calls, this is great, I do enjoy this programming, but again, if I need to hear some music Id like to switch over to HHN and get surprised by some hot music I haven't heard before with some mainstream tossed in.

Good luck!

Thanks,
    ROMO

Guru
    03-03-2009, 11:23 PM #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Power Trip View Post
    Something to that extent. When the merger first happend they started doing it, Leo G, Nina 9, Celo all have IM's..and since I have IM on my phone its pretty easy to throw in a request if their is something I want to hear. At first, their was no problems all 3 would play your songs, than Leo said he couldn't play a song because it wasn't main stream enough. Now, Celo who use to talk and play your request doesn't even respond to your IM's(what happend to you)so basically its a phony request program now where they say they'll play your requests but essentialy ignore you. Nina still does a ok job with the IM but I think she may be in the "request" time slot from 6-10PM. It's just really shady business imo, your trying to make the listeners think these are the only songs being requested and their not even being requested.
    Celo said he had about 70 people he was IMing (he said it was crazy to keep up with) He actually apologized after not responding for a while at first because he didn't see me right a way.

They should set up a chatroom instead, what do you think? Like I said before I couldn't request a song if i tried, i just don't know the names etc. I prefer to just let them do their thing. I would like to "vote" per say on what they are playing by saying "wtf this sucks" or "hell yeah your jamming"

03-05-2009, 10:42 PM #60
    Very nice e-mail to Dion, let me know if he replys with anything of any substance. Another person you could send the same e-mail to is kory@xmradio.com I got his e-mail through Dion's "auto-reply out of office" e-mail once. Shade is near flawless, their rotation is very deep, it seems to have new songs every day. The only problem with it is, being a "niche" station and it playing to much Eminem/G-Unit/Aftermath stuff, obviously. Yeah, I think a chat would be a good idea and would work better for the host, because their looking at one screen as opposed to clicking through every IM and trying to keep up. Also got another survey today, they do seem to be sending out one a week.

Page 6 of 14 ... 45678 ...