Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 131

Thread: Hip Hop Nation's repetitive rotation.

  1. #11
    imromo24 is offline
    Guru
    imromo24's Avatar
    Joined: Aug 2008 Location: Steeler Town, MI Posts: 2,524
    The playlist has improved since the channel changes in my opinion. There has been less censored material, and im not sure if i have heard any lately to be honest.

    I think we will see continued improvement as they work things out and if we continue to express our concerns.


    Please post the response to your email when you get it.

  2. #12
    Power Trip is offline
    Member
    Power Trip's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 78
    Dear Sean,

    Thank you for contacting SIRIUS regarding the music you've heard. We
    understand your frustration, and we're here to assist you!

    Sean, SIRIUS strives on making our programming the best radio has to
    offer. Song choices on our music channels are made based on feedback
    from our listeners. We will certainly forward your comments and
    suggestions off to our programming department for further consideration.

    You can send comments and song suggestions directly to an individual
    channel right from our website. It's easy! Please click on "Request A
    Song" located towards the right hand side of each channel's webpage.

    We are committed to providing you with the best in customer care. If
    you have any more questions, please feel free to contact SIRIUS Customer
    Care. For your convenience, we are available 7 days a week at:

    1-888-539-SIRIUS (7474)

    As well as by email at:

    www.sirius.com/customercare

    And you can always manage your account 24/7 by visiting our website at:

    www.sirius.com

    Sincerely,

    Dave F
    SIRIUS Customer Care

    Did you know that SIRIUS has great money-saving billing options? You
    can get 1-14 months free depending on the option you choose. Call us at
    888-539-SIRIUS (7474) and we?ll help you choose the plan that?s right
    for you!

  3. #13
    Stimp is offline
    Junior Member
    Stimp's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 14
    This part of Sirius programming has been the most disappointing feature so far, imo. The hip-hop station is terribly repeptitive (NO MORE KANYE!) and underground bands aren't well represented. I'm pretty disappointed that Funk and R&B are lumped together on the same station as I think that they're two completely different grooves. Parliament/Funkadelic, Brick, Tower of Power, AWB and that kinda thing is pretty different from Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder and the other great Motown, Watt/Stax or Phil Spector stuff. Maybe I'm just nitpicking but I'd like to see as many "Black" radio stations as there are Rock stations.

  4. #14
    Power Trip is offline
    Member
    Power Trip's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 78
    Quote Originally Posted by Stimp View Post
    This part of Sirius programming has been the most disappointing feature so far, imo. The hip-hop station is terribly repeptitive (NO MORE KANYE!) and underground bands aren't well represented. I'm pretty disappointed that Funk and R&B are lumped together on the same station as I think that they're two completely different grooves. Parliament/Funkadelic, Brick, Tower of Power, AWB and that kinda thing is pretty different from Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder and the other great Motown, Watt/Stax or Phil Spector stuff. Maybe I'm just nitpicking but I'd like to see as many "Black" radio stations as there are Rock stations.
    Yes I agree 100% . Their are over 15 "rock" stations yet only 4 or 5 stations that are considered "Hip Hop/R&B", Even with Backspin coming back another station would be very welcomed imo. They could move away from lumping Funk and R&B this way as you were stating. I've been e-mailing and/or calling daily about this station hopefully it helps but who knows. I revcieved another e-mail from their programming department yesterday, in that e-mail they said they had discussed adding more programming but didn't have an agreement to do so, which I didnt' really understand who they would have to get permission to air more songs that they already have but chose not to play most of the time? I will post that e-mail if I still have it in a few minutes..

  5. #15
    Power Trip is offline
    Member
    Power Trip's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 78
    Thank you for contacting SIRIUS Customer Care. We understand that you
    are disappointed about repetitive programming and we're here to help!

    We're glad that you are a member of our SIRIUS Family, Sean! At
    SIRIUS, it's our goal to offer 100% satisfaction to each one of our
    valued customers! SIRIUS has discussed adding more programming, but at
    this time, we do not have an agreement to do this. Please continue to
    visit our website, for any new programming updates. Thanks again for
    taking some time to share your thoughts and have a great day!

    We are committed to providing you with the best in customer care. If
    you have any more questions, please feel free to contact SIRIUS Customer
    Care. For your convenience, we are available 7 days a week at:

  6. #16
    Stimp is offline
    Junior Member
    Stimp's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 14
    Quote Originally Posted by Power Trip View Post
    Thank you for contacting SIRIUS Customer Care. We understand that you
    are disappointed about repetitive programming and we're here to help!

    We're glad that you are a member of our SIRIUS Family, Sean! At
    SIRIUS, it's our goal to offer 100% satisfaction to each one of our
    valued customers! SIRIUS has discussed adding more programming, but at
    this time, we do not have an agreement to do this. Please continue to
    visit our website, for any new programming updates. Thanks again for
    taking some time to share your thoughts and have a great day!

    We are committed to providing you with the best in customer care. If
    you have any more questions, please feel free to contact SIRIUS Customer
    Care. For your convenience, we are available 7 days a week at:

    Looks like they sent you a form letter, Sean. One week of solid listening and I'm still quite disappointed with what I'm hearing on the R&B/Hip Hop stations. Rock has it 100% covered as does Country (lots of overlap in Rock). Jazz and Blues is very weak as well; there's no way that the programming on these stations would appeal to any dedicated fan of either genre of music. Also, it seems crazy that they have entire stations dedicated to just one artist (or similar). Seriously, does Springsteen or Jimmy Buffet really need a whole station?

  7. #17
    imromo24 is offline
    Guru
    imromo24's Avatar
    Joined: Aug 2008 Location: Steeler Town, MI Posts: 2,524
    although I agree with you because I listen to rap... I was showing my wife the stations and she paused with momentary excitement on those channels while flipping through.

    I have to imagine with the individual bands taking over a station that they have to be attracting a lot of listeners or else why would they do it? look at the dead heads that travel the country to see the grateful dead...i mean come on how many times can you listen to the same band play the same songs...I guess thats just not for us.....and that is why we hate the repetition on Hip hop nation.... if there wasn't so much damn talk on shade 45 i might not mind switching over from shade 45 during talking segments to hip hop nation if i was guaranteed to hear the latest hot song, then back to 45 for the real rap...but really I wouldn't care if every single song was new. Don't get me wrong I love the DJ's but the talk should be held to under 1 minute or something short.

    When it comes to rap there is old skool and brand new skool. everything in between is salt and peppa, heavy d, and young mc which will never be popular ever again.

    ok, well there is hardcore underground gangsta rap which should be a channel too.

    I want 3 channels on sirius XM...

    1. Old school rap
    2. Hardcore underground Gangsta Rap New and old.
    3. Brand new rap artists (which I consider hip hop).

    But definitely never ever any R&B on either of those 3 stations. And to be honest I never want to hear old skool rap on any of the other 2 ever either. If Im paying for a service it should be pretty well laid out with no crossing over. If I want to crossover i can change the channel.

    I hope Sirius XM figures this out for those of us that don't like rock and country. This last statement is in support of those boombox fans also.
    Last edited by imromo24; 01-05-2009 at 09:52 PM.

  8. #18
    imromo24 is offline
    Guru
    imromo24's Avatar
    Joined: Aug 2008 Location: Steeler Town, MI Posts: 2,524
    Got my newest survey yesterday and put "Don't like" and "Getting Tired of" alot of the songs on the survey.

    I did put some "Love it" but for the most part the songs in the survey are the overplayed songs I keep hearing in the morning.

    I believe this has a lot to do with Hip Hop Nation being the replacement for the City when it was on XM which played more mainstream rap.

    I definately don't think Shade 45 is a replacement for Raw though so I suggested more rough ruggid and raw rap on the survey to be played on Hip Hop Nation.

  9. #19
    Power Trip is offline
    Member
    Power Trip's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 78
    Can you recall about how long it has been since your last survey, Romo? I agree that Hip Hop Nation is basically The City now, I think that's a reason we got the edited music when the merger first happend. It's also funny when you say The City played mostly mainstream music because I requested a Papoose song this afternoon and Leo G told me he couldn't play it because it wasn't mainstream enough, and that if this was RAW it wouldn't be a problem..what do you guys make of that? Also last night, Nina 9 told someone that she wouldn't play "Paper Touchin" by Red Cafe because they wouldn't chat with her. I found it kinda comical but were basically paying her salary and they should play what we ask, as long as it fits that stations genre. I try to remember back 6 months or so and just don't remember Hip Hop Nation being this repetitive or did the merger just open my eyes to it?

  10. #20
    Power Trip is offline
    Member
    Power Trip's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 78
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    I want 3 channels on sirius XM...

    1. Old school rap
    2. Hardcore underground Gangsta Rap New and old.
    3. Brand new rap artists (which I consider hip hop).

    But definitely never ever any R&B on either of those 3 stations. And to be honest I never want to hear old skool rap on any of the other 2 ever either. If Im paying for a service it should be pretty well laid out with no crossing over. If I want to crossover i can change the channel.

    I hope Sirius XM figures this out for those of us that don't like rock and country. This last statement is in support of those boombox fans also.
    How does it seem all of us listeners can agree on this, yet Sirius can't get it right? This is how I Think the Rap stations should be...

    Hip Hop Nation- This station should be it's name...play all the best hip hop but not the same 30 songs as it does currently..

    Shade 45- Not bad now but I would cut back on a lot of the talking that goes on.

    RAW- Bring this back make it exactly like RAW was, move Leo G and all other DJ's who moved from RAW to HHN. Bring back Ms Kitty and as many of the DJ's that were cut as possible.

    Backspin- Old school rap...

    The Heat- This can be mostly R&B for all the R&B freaks out there...

    I would also bring back Hot Jamz or some other station that could play R&B and the current hot singles that are out to give R&B freaks more than 1 option. That's 6 stations, I dont think thats crazy consider most other genre's such as rock have atleast double this many stations. With Backspin coming back on the 15th its going to open up some time slots for Sunday night, do you think they will introduce something new it those slots or play rotation music and/or replays to shows that go on during the week?

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •