Page 13 of 14 ... 311121314
    06-21-2009, 12:35 PM #121
    When was the last time you got a Brigade Survey? I haven't got one in awhile.

Guru
    06-21-2009, 08:58 PM #122
    its been a long while,

Guru
    06-21-2009, 11:01 PM #123
    spoke too soon, just got it in my email....

Good news, the survey has added questions....im liking where this is going...I added that I think we need more like the DJ Envy's peoples choice, it should be more than 1/2 hour..

06-25-2009, 01:13 AM #124
    I just got Sirius last month and for the most part I like HHN and have few complaints about what they do and do not play. That isn't the issue for me however much like a lot of u, I'm very disappointed and frustrated with the ridiculously high amount of repetition of the brand new tracks over and over and over again during all the regular (non mix show) programming. I really like getting to hear the new music right away on HHN before anywhere else. That part I like but it's to the point where we are hearing "Maybach Music 2" by Rick Ross, "Chillin" by Wale and "Plenty Money" by Plies and many others that fall in that group at least a dozen times a day on HHN simply cause they are the new songs and the same goes for a lot of the other new tracks and unfortunately the older songs get forgotten and very rarely if ever played. When's the last time you've heard one of my all-time favourites "Ruff Ryders Anthem" by DMX played on HHN? I haven't and it's cause the new music just gets pounded into the airwaves relentlessly on HHN and it leaves little time for older tracks.

I like they play the new music more than the older music on HHN and it should be since there is a separate channel called "Backspin" for all the old skool music but it should not be to the point like it is now where we are hearing all the new tracks 12+ times in a single day on HHN and I'm not kidding either it literally is 12 times per day at least that each of the newly released hip-hop joints are played. There just needs to be a greater balance of newer and older tracks played during regular programming on HHN and right now there isn't any of that.

Shade 45 is good but it has its shortcomings too. Way too much talking at times and too much Eminem/G-Unit music although it's understandable obviously due to the name of the station.

06-28-2009, 01:19 PM #125
    The songs don't get played 12 times a day. I keep an eye on dogstar every few days and you do see songs played 5-7 times a day on HHN, usually about 4 times is the average for their "power rotation" songs as they call it, which to me is still to much. My problem is they have songs still in rotation that play 3-4 times a day that was put in rotation over a year ago or close to a year. Songs like "Heartless, Got Money, Whatever You Like" have been on high repetition for 10-12 months. That annoys me more than hearing the new songs repeated, but I do agree playing newer songs so much quickly burns them out. The rotation has been improving over the last few weeks however, so hopefully a continued deepened rotation will take care of this.

Guru
    06-29-2009, 09:43 AM #126
    Welcome Bobano...make sure you join the Hip hop brigade on the HHN channels page on sirius.com

Powertrip, you make a good point, they do burn out the news songs real fast. Its funny because i noticed on the brigade survey I can rate something I love it and not tired of it, then by the next survey I hate it and very tired of it! Then a few surveys later the song may come back again and I like it again....

Im sure they are trying to judge the surveys as you can certainly tell the differences over the past few months.

One thing im sure they are struggling with is how many hours someone listens to the channel and at what times.

My suggestion is include the Heat, 20on20, backspin, pop2k and hits 1 on your presets and flip to those channels if a song you don't like comes on, those other channels sometimes play hip hop. I even heard some snoop dog on the faction.

For the most part I stick to HHN, Shade and backspin. On a rare occasion I'll flip to howard stern if those 3 aren't playing anything i can listen to.

Enthusiast
    06-30-2009, 01:29 PM #127
    You do realize that most all Music channels on SXM are nothing more than Voice-Tracked, Auto Pilot, and totally automated, like an Ipod on shuffle...... right?
    Last edited by denb45; 06-30-2009 at 01:31 PM.

07-01-2009, 11:10 AM #128
    DJ Bee isn't gone after all. He's now on Backspin Tuesday's 9-10PM Eastern.

Guru
    07-01-2009, 11:57 AM #129
    no I didn't know DJ Bee was still around, interesting, thanks.

Denb, you need to go here http://www.xmradio.com/onxm/index.xmc anywhere you see the channel name as the "show" that is when they are playing a rotation. If you find a time slot that has a DJ name, that is when you want to listen. Think of it like prime time television, most people "plan" to watch tv at a certain time because the other times of the day are junk. Set you xmp3 to record at these times like a DVR and "rock out" for sure!!

Enjoy Denb, check it don't wreck it.

Enthusiast
    07-02-2009, 10:12 AM #130
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    no I didn't know DJ Bee was still around, interesting, thanks.

Denb, you need to go here http://www.xmradio.com/onxm/index.xmc anywhere you see the channel name as the "show" that is when they are playing a rotation. If you find a time slot that has a DJ name, that is when you want to listen. Think of it like prime time television, most people "plan" to watch tv at a certain time because the other times of the day are junk. Set you xmp3 to record at these times like a DVR and "rock out" for sure!!

Enjoy Denb, check it don't wreck it.
    All I can say is that I hear the same thing over and over again, no matter what time of the day or night it is, that same rotation of songs play again and again, this may be due to only listening to Decades/Oldies channels since I cannot stand any other type of music that is played (I'm 53)
    the talk channels don't do this, and most of the time are different everyday........the type of music I listen too (The Strobe, The Groove, 70s, 60s, 80s, Soul Town) get's a little tedious, but, that's just the nature of the beast........maybe, I should try listening to something like Deep Tracks
    I'm kinda burned out on Decades Channels
    Last edited by denb45; 07-02-2009 at 10:28 AM.