Page 12 of 14 ... 21011121314
    06-06-2009, 11:52 AM #111
    Wow, thats crazy, yet makes me very happy to hear. Its good to know callers were calling in mentioning Dion and that Kayslay put him on blast, I hope he was listening. I was listening to Premier last night and he was shouting out Reggie Hawkins, I looked him up and he is the Format Manager for HHN and Shade 45.

Guru
    06-14-2009, 05:07 PM #112
    I noticed alot of new songs this weekend, sounded very promising really.

I also noticed a new channel drop (jingle) that sounded pretty cool.

Also, have you heard the new jay z song, doa, death of autotune? He says in the lyrics "this is for Hip Hop Nation" I wonder what thats all about? It was a positive comment like he was saying he was helping the nation of hip hop by creating a good song for everyone...but i wonder if he was actually mentioning HHN?

Guru
    06-14-2009, 05:24 PM #113

midnight shows gone?

I noticed the midnight shows are gone...i wonder though if they were repeats often anyway?

HHN seems to be getting streamlined, but also the content and DJ's are so far doing a really good job. Skee, cannon put on good shows.

06-15-2009, 11:51 PM #114
    I think that line in DOA is put in by HHN, because I heard it on Shade 45 and instead of him saying HHN he said "I do this for Shade 45" and the first time I heard the song on youtube he said "I do this for Hot 97". Maybe thats the real line but Sirius doesn't want to play it?

Did you hear Envy's new mixshow today at 5pm? It's called "The People's Choice Mix" and will be Mon-Fri 5PM Eastern with a replay at 8PM Eastern. It's only 30 minutes but was still pretty good he played some new D-Block, Lil Wayne, a new Eminem freestyle and quite a few other bangers. The midnight shows that I can think of were DJ Premier, DJ Bee, and DJ Sixth Sense..Sixth Sense and Bee are gone and DJ Premier is 10-12 now.

06-16-2009, 12:13 AM #115
    Okay, Sixth Sense isn't gone. He is now Saturday night/Sunday morning 2am-4am Eastern. DJ Noodles is Saturday Night/Sunday morning 12am-2am. This is the only night they have mixes after 12. Besides Sixth Sense and Premier other mixshows that were on at 12am were Nore's Militainment Radio(GONE), DJ Jamad Afromentals(now Sundays 8pm-10pm) , and DJ Ideal's mixshow(GONE).

Guru
    06-16-2009, 01:07 AM #116
    holy sh1t your right, bee is gone and nore. I guess i don't miss either because bee's show kept sounding like a repeat and nore seemed like he played this same 8 minute song of his and other of his songs repeatedly everyweek.

afromentals was one of my least favorite as it was too mellow for HHN, but a good show nonetheless, it fit for sundays, but i listened to my recording monday morning and it lacked the hype i need on a monday morning, lol.

I think i liked DJ ideal but i was confusing him with dj skee i think...dunno..

i haven't heard envy at 5pm. thanks for the info, ive been trying to avoid envy's show because quite frankly the morning show of his was too repetitive and mainstreamly sickening....ill give it a chance again.

all in all i like the changes, have to admit...

thats too funny the different versions of the song, ill have to listen, its a cool idea to drop the station like that in the lyrics...

My favorite is when the guest artists get put on the spot for a freestyle, its on premiers show mostly i think.

Guru
    06-16-2009, 01:11 AM #117
    envy peoples mix replayed at 8pm is a good idea, of course it is because every brigade survey i tell them they need to cater to the rush hour crowd on the east and west coast...that would be 5 and 8 (5 westcoast)

at least it appears they are listening...

06-16-2009, 09:24 AM #118
    Yeah, Envy morning show use to be mainstream mania. I think that had more do with the programmers than Envy though, he use to play some nice stuff on HHN before the merger. The mix show is definentaly worth a listen, and yeah the 8pm replay is a very good idea.

06-20-2009, 11:12 PM #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Power Trip View Post
    Okay, Sixth Sense isn't gone. He is now Saturday night/Sunday morning 2am-4am Eastern.
    Thanks for this info, I had his old timeslot still on auto-record with ReplayAV and didn't know the move had happened.

Guru
    06-21-2009, 09:52 AM #120
    Caught the DJ envy peoples choice at 5pm....excellent...goes to show if they just let the DJ do his thing what kind of content they can bring...very good, DJ Envy just went up a notch in my book.