Guru
    07-02-2009, 11:41 AM #1

Decades, Rock and Pop Open Discussion

Welcome to the Decades, Rock and Pop Open Discussion thread...please post suggestions, experiences and thoughts regarding the music rotations, DJ Shows and specials for the various Rock and Pop channels here.

What DJ's do you like best? What time of the day is the best time to listen to a particular channel? What channels beat the Decades channels for best music?

Welcome and thanks for any info...

Guru
    07-02-2009, 11:47 AM #2
    Denb if your out there, hello...

to continue where we left off in the other thread you had said

All I can say is that I hear the same thing over and over again, no matter what time of the day or night it is, that same rotation of songs play again and again, this may be due to only listening to Decades/Oldies channels since I cannot stand any other type of music that is played (I'm 53)
    the talk channels don't do this, and most of the time are different everyday........the type of music I listen too (The Strobe, The Groove, 70s, 60s, 80s, Soul Town) get's a little tedious, but, that's just the nature of the beast........maybe, I should try listening to something like Deep Tracks
    I'm kinda burned out on Decades Channels
    Have you tried coffee house? I like that channel alot, they play a whole mix of music that might fit your tastes.

I also was flipping through the channels this morning and caught Deep Trax. They were playing Genesis which i liked growing up so i stayed there for a bit.

I think i remember you saying you werent going to use the recording function on your xmp3, let me know if you have any problems with it, the recording functions will help you catch some things you normally miss, and probably help with the burnout.

I use my xmp3 to record hip hop nation and shade 45 shows at 10pm when im sleeping, then i listen the next day.

Enthusiast
    07-02-2009, 02:22 PM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    Denb if your out there, hello...

to continue where we left off in the other thread you had said

Have you tried coffee house? I like that channel alot, they play a whole mix of music that might fit your tastes.

I also was flipping through the channels this morning and caught Deep Trax. They were playing Genesis which i liked growing up so i stayed there for a bit.

I think i remember you saying you werent going to use the recording function on your xmp3, let me know if you have any problems with it, the recording functions will help you catch some things you normally miss, and probably help with the burnout.

I use my xmp3 to record hip hop nation and shade 45 shows at 10pm when im sleeping, then i listen the next day.

I'll have to check them out, and thanks for the tip, I keep forgetting that there are a lot of other channels to listen too, this morning I enjoyed O&A, it was funny as hell........the only thing I record on the XMP3 is AT40 on the weekends, it works, I just have to leave it on, not sure if this will even work if it's turned-off? I haven't done it that way yet? also, the auto record work well........

Guru
    07-02-2009, 03:48 PM #4
    Cool! glad you found something to record. O&A replay their show so you can record it for listening later too (if you miss the original broadcast)

I think if you choose to record a program in the future it will record as long as its in the dock and getting a signal, I think you can shut it off (best way to tell is to try)

Be sure to use the usb and the xm2go software to erase your recordings when your memory reaches 75% or so used up. Deleting from the xmp3 itself doesn't seem to clear space for the memory.

have you been to the 80's on 8 channel web page? here for xm http://www.xmradio.com/onxm/channelpage.xmc?ch=8 and for sirius http://www.sirius.com/servlet/Conten...39563&s=person I just picked 80s for starters, each channel has its own page.

i recommend checking out both xm and sirius' web pages because they are different still. Send them emails or song request etc, sign up for the newsletters, check out the dj's and the times.