Page 1 of 14 12311 ...
    12-19-2008, 10:58 PM #1

Hip Hop Nation's repetitive rotation.

I'm wondering if you any one notices or has any problems with the repetitive rotation that Hip Hop Nation has? I mean, this is "Hip Hop Nation" we shouldn't be hearing the same songs more than 2 or 3 times a day, yet for example I heard Common's "Announcement" twice in 25 minutes. That's FM Radio at it's finest. When the DJ's come on to do their thing it's great, but any other time your hearing the same songs over and over. Below is a list of some of the songs I think are over played if any one agrees let me know.

Rick Ross: Here I Am
    Common: Announcement, Universial Mind Control
    TI: Whatever you Like, Live Your Life
    Lil Wayne: Got Money
    Young Jeezy: My President
    Nas: Black President, Make the World Go 'Round
    Kanye West: Go Hard
    Jim Jones/Juelz Santana/Ron Browz- Pop Champagne
    Busta Rhymes: Arab Money

Guru
    12-20-2008, 03:11 PM #2
    Did you get that list from the hip hop nation brigade? I signed up for it on sirius.com to take frequent surveys and they asked about each of those and whether i liked them and if i was tired of hearing them..

Go here, sign up and tell them what you think http://www.siriusmusicsurvey.com/ot/reg/sirius_40

12-20-2008, 04:11 PM #3
    Thanks man! Thats not where I got the list, but I signed up and it was funny because I think all of those songs in the survey are somewhat over played. Do you know how often they do new surveys or how often your able to take the survey?

Guru
    12-22-2008, 09:56 PM #4
    It only let me do the survey once and that was also my first survey. i think it was one week since i signed up. not sure how often they come out but there was a deadline to take it. it was fun actually.

Mentor
    12-23-2008, 12:34 AM #5
    I have been listening to Blue Collar Comedy since the channel change. This past week, I drove to work at the exact same time every day, and heard probably 50% of the same bits day after day. Not just the same comics, the EXACT SAME BITS. It is the first time since the channel change that I have heard it like that, but I hope it was just a coincidence.

12-23-2008, 12:13 PM #6
    Yeah, it was a nice little survey hopefully they actually listen to these things. They should also have a place where you put in suggestions for new songs to be placed on the rotation, as they dont listen to the "request a song" on their site much. I dont have a problem with the songs their playing I just think they play them waay to much and could spread it out a lot better. Like this morning they played David Banner's "Shawty Say" twice in 40 minutes, thats FM Radio all day. David Banner has plenty of songs and "Shawty Say" is the only song they ever play of his, and thats how they do with most artists, play 1 or 2 of their songs when they have hundreds. It just becomes aggravating, also it has seemed to get worse since the merger, I dont remember them playing these songs as repetitve a few months ago..but i've also been on vacation for 2 weeks so that could a reason why i've just noticed it.

Guru
    12-23-2008, 12:31 PM #7
    i agree, they should be able to spread the butter a lot more. Especially since it seems the repetitive songs aren't even really the hot songs out?? I don't need to hear the same song that is a couple weeks old every morning. I like the artist, not the song. Off the cuff, I would only give a hip hop song about 2 weeks rotation.

They definately need to dive deeper into the playlist in the morning.

There are other great shows that play better playlists and mixes that i like, but I listen everymorning at 7:00 and I can't change that.

12-23-2008, 01:43 PM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    i agree, they should be able to spread the butter a lot more. Especially since it seems the repetitive songs aren't even really the hot songs out?? I don't need to hear the same song that is a couple weeks old every morning. I like the artist, not the song. Off the cuff, I would only give a hip hop song about 2 weeks rotation.

They definately need to dive deeper into the playlist in the morning.

There are other great shows that play better playlists and mixes that i like, but I listen everymorning at 7:00 and I can't change that.

Thats exactly how I feel 2 weeks is plenty of time, some of those songs have been going on for 3 months or so. When the DJ's are on it's a must listen I love Leo G's G-Mix, CTE Radio, Green Latern etc. etc. they always play hot/new/fresh music that isn't in the rotation. It's just crazy to think these rappers have multiple albums and dozen of mixtapes yet were stuck to listening to the last single of their album for months. Shade 45 for the most part is nice, its plays quite a bit of Eminem, which is understandable and I dont mind because I like Eminem..not to big a fan of G Unit however. But overall their playlist is deeper than Hip Hop Nation's which is crazy considering it's "Hip Hop Nation" lol.

Guru
    12-23-2008, 04:32 PM #9
    Excellent summary regarding the DJ's etc, send that to sirius custmer service, I agree completely.

I was very impressed with the DJ Whoo kid show on saturday morning. I caught it between 11 and noon and the mix they ran was intense.

12-23-2008, 04:43 PM #10
    I e-mailed them a few days ago asking why they couldn't add some of the songs their DJs play into their rotation. It shouldn't be hard for Sirius to get the songs if they dont have them they could just get them from the DJ..but i've yet to get a response. DJ Whoo Kid is the 1 hot part of G-Unit his show on saturday is pretty nice and he does play a very good and wide range of songs.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ...