Page 3 of 14 1234513 ...
    Guru
    01-07-2009, 11:56 PM #21
    My last survey was about 2 weeks ago.

Im alright with Nina 9 saying that, Ms Kitty was pretty strict on the music she played and thats what I like about xm's dj's really.

Leo G. must be in a bad mood these days. LOL. Now that pisses me off if he CAN'T play something versus doesn't want too. The DJ is the artist and I count on their tastes. But not being able to play a request is BAD!

I just put on Shade 45 and its more talking, wtf, why do they talk so much if they are the only channel we have that will play Papoos, and do they even play that?

The reason I still love sirius is I now switched to Hits one who is now playing outkast. So I can always find something to listen too at least.

But I need a channel that I can be sure to hear some gangsta sh1t. and...5 minutes later streetsweeper is still rambling on...WTF! WHO WANTS TO HEAR A TALK SHOW ON A RAP STATION!?? I like the dj's talking but PLEASE! cut it down to a minute.

Ok, Now faction is playing Gin and Juice (snoop) so I can flip around and find music.

If I remember correctly I think Hip hop nation actually played some R&B before the channel changes, so I welcome that it doesn't play R&B anymore...and it plays less old skool from what I remember also. As far as repetitiveness, I have to believe that it is new, and I also think its them testing the listeners to identify what they want to hear, according to my email for the survey it specifically said It's a New Year and we are committed to making Hip Hop Nation the best it can be.

As always, Hip Hop Nation keeps hitting you in the head with new music!!!
    So to me that means they are paying attention to repitition.

Maybe MZ. Kitty will fill the slot? Check this out from her website

Yes, this is a step in the right direction but they didn’t get it all right though because we are still missing 66 RAW! I don’t know about you but I think LEO G sounds like he’s being held back on 67 and G-MIX. We still need to fight and bring my girl Mz Kitti back to team up with LEO G and give us what we want to hear. Please continue to pass on the petition, call, and email Sirius XM until they bring back 66 RAW. They shouldn’t have taken it off in the first place! I'd like to think the petition had someting to do with this so lets keep it up until they really hear us!

http://www.petitiononline.com/RAWRHYME/petition.html

01-08-2009, 12:35 AM #22
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    My last survey was about 2 weeks ago.

Im alright with Nina 9 saying that, Ms Kitty was pretty strict on the music she played and thats what I like about xm's dj's really.

Leo G. must be in a bad mood these days. LOL. Now that pisses me off if he CAN'T play something versus doesn't want too. The DJ is the artist and I count on their tastes. But not being able to play a request is BAD!

I just put on Shade 45 and its more talking, wtf, why do they talk so much if they are the only channel we have that will play Papoos, and do they even play that?

The reason I still love sirius is I now switched to Hits one who is now playing outkast. So I can always find something to listen too at least.

But I need a channel that I can be sure to hear some gangsta sh1t. and...5 minutes later streetsweeper is still rambling on...WTF! WHO WANTS TO HEAR A TALK SHOW ON A RAP STATION!?? I like the dj's talking but PLEASE! cut it down to a minute.

Ok, Now faction is playing Gin and Juice (snoop) so I can flip around and find music.

If I remember correctly I think Hip hop nation actually played some R&B before the channel changes, so I welcome that it doesn't play R&B anymore...and it plays less old skool from what I remember also. As far as repetitiveness, I have to believe that it is new, and I also think its them testing the listeners to identify what they want to hear, according to my email for the survey it specifically said It's a New Year and we are committed to making Hip Hop Nation the best it can be.

As always, Hip Hop Nation keeps hitting you in the head with new music!!!
    So to me that means they are paying attention to repitition.

Maybe MZ. Kitty will fill the slot? Check this out from her website

Yes, this is a step in the right direction but they didn’t get it all right though because we are still missing 66 RAW! I don’t know about you but I think LEO G sounds like he’s being held back on 67 and G-MIX. We still need to fight and bring my girl Mz Kitti back to team up with LEO G and give us what we want to hear. Please continue to pass on the petition, call, and email Sirius XM until they bring back 66 RAW. They shouldn’t have taken it off in the first place! I'd like to think the petition had someting to do with this so lets keep it up until they really hear us!

http://www.petitiononline.com/RAWRHYME/petition.html

I think Nina 9 didn't play the song only because who ever was requesting Paper Touchin didn't say hello or something..she stated she liked the song or whatever but just wouldn't play it if he didn't say hi or something..I thought it was funny myself but she could have played the song, since she said and shouted out DJ Envy & Red Cafe. I think in Leo's case he wasn't aloud to play it because he also said if this was Raw it would be fine...I dont think I put that in my last post...I just find this totally unacceptable of Sirius, their obviously restricting what he plays and what other DJ's play. That would be awesome if Mz Kitty was to join the cast, I was disappointed when it was Nina 9 retained and not her but it would be nice to see her brought back. XM RAW was probably the best of all the channels pre-merger from what I heard of it and what i've seen posted about it but it just seems most of their content has been put on the shelf as far as it being played on Sirius.

Guru
    01-08-2009, 12:54 AM #23
    Oh I see, so it was the requester that didn't respond, ok, well thats still funny, and Mz kitty was like that too.

Mz kitty used to talk alot too, and her talking ticked me off also, just like I was commenting moments ago on shade 45. The difference is, well, its someone different. Right now that same show is bangin. Go figure...well now the mix is done and they are talking again, its the cohosts that make the talking suck, they don't pair up well.

Guru
    01-08-2009, 01:04 AM #24
    I remember DJ Celo on saturday was a good show. check this out, not sure why sirius doesn't have a schedule like this but this xm site has hip hop nation and shade 45 too

http://www.xmradio.com/onxm/index.xmc

01-10-2009, 11:44 AM #25
    I got the new survey this morning, I told them I thought Hip Hop Nation was getting worse because it was becoming repetitive and that they needed to play more hardcore/gangster rap not just mainstream music. Most of the songs seemed the same from the first survey but their are still a couple good songs on there. That's a neat little feature for the Show guide XM has as well, it could come in handy.

Guru
    01-10-2009, 02:49 PM #26
    I look forward to the next survey

I thought about this thread last night when the DJ came on (I think it was DJ premier) and said "This is 2 turn tables and a mic, this Sh1t ain't no ipod, ain't no same old music, Im going to mix it up, this is dj'ing at its finest, this is sirius xm...."

That is what I like to hear!

01-18-2009, 11:38 AM #27
    If you want to complain about any of hip hop content being played e-mail kkelly@siriusradio.com . I heard off another forum that he is one of the guys in charge of all urban music being played on Sirius XM. I sent him one as did many of my friends with Sirius, whether it does any good or not who knows but it can't hurt to try.

Guru
    01-27-2009, 10:34 PM #28
    Today i was listening between 6:30 and 7:30 and heard the song by Common twice and the second time it was a censored version, dang what the hell Sirius!??

I emailed them.

And if i hear "My president" one more damn time, what is going on?

I want to hear world premier Rap not mainstream.

I know its mostly timing but I wish they could ditch these junk playlists they have between DJs.

I wonder if nina nine was sick or something, I think that was supposed to be her show.
    Last edited by imromo24; 01-27-2009 at 10:37 PM.

Guru
    01-27-2009, 10:47 PM #29
    Email to hip hop nation:

I would really like to hear less mainstream hip hop and more hardcore underground rap. I couldn't believe today between 6:30 and 7:30pm I heard the same song by common, and the second time it was censored. What is going on there? Please let the DJ's let loose, Leo G. can really bring it, at least he could when he was on XM RAW! Let the DJ's play us the music we want to hear, not what whoever has taken over thinks we want to hear. Children can listen to FM if they want Mainstream bullshit.

01-28-2009, 07:04 PM #30
    Yeah it's only been getting worse. Today 6 songs were repeated in under 3 hours..Common(Announcement), Slim Thug(I Run), Gorilla Zoe(Lost Remix), Young Jeezy(Put on Remix), 50 Cent(Get Up), Young Jeezy(Who Dat). They were all played 11am thru 1:30pm today. All those songs i've heard enough, and even if they were brand new I don't want to hear them repeated like that. I've done some more digging and Dion Summers is the head programmer for HHN, Shade 45, Backspin, Heart & Soul and Soultown, not the KKelly I said in previous post(he runs the pop channels). His e-mail is dion.summers@xmradio.com .. I've e-mailed him and had friends with Sirius e-mail him as well, this is the best way to get the message across to them. Even if he doesn't respond he will hear the yells from the mountain top so to speak.

Page 3 of 14 1234513 ...