Page 5 of 14 ... 34567 ...
    Guru
    02-09-2009, 11:16 PM #41
    Nina Nine was going off tonight. Glad to hear it. Do you know how to get ahold of her (or any of them) during the show? It seems like she reads texts or emails during the show, someone told her to stop swearing and she said "F@$# you, this is Sirius XM, ill say what the F@#$# I want" I wanted to send her a message and say thanks, lol.

She also played the original artist version of that Jeezy song they keep repeating, but she rewound it back from the beginning and said "this is the version you probably haven't heard, the original version" It was much better than the Disney version it seems i've only heard.

I didn't get my survey, I wonder if they aren't all sent out at the same time?

Yeah, Leo G. was the director for 66 RAW. Since so many seemed to like 66 RAW (I did on my directv). I think were in for some changes, for the better.

I still think you hit the nail on the head, but I'll take it a step further. Hip Hop Nation isn't just the flagship Hip Hop Station for Sirius XM, they should consider it the Flagship for Hip Hop Worldwide!

The DJ shows are incredible. If they just cut down the repetition on the "mainstream" show it would be perfect. The "mainstream" show seems to be the DJ Envy show from 6a-12p.

02-10-2009, 12:46 PM #42
    You can get up with Nina or Leo through instant message when their on air. You can AIM them Leo's is thegeneralhhn and Nina is nina9hhn..you can also get up with Nina on Yahoo IM under the same name. Also, they have a new e-mail hiphopnation@siriusxm.com dont know how often they check it though. It does seem Envy's slot is where most of the mainstream is played. www.dogstarradio.com/search_playlist.php you can see what songs have played on any station at anytime, pretty neat. I thought they would have sent out all the brigade surveys at same time but apparently they don't. Maybe they just go by when you signed up? I know a few friends that got theirs as well but we signed up around the same time .

02-10-2009, 06:28 PM #43
    Ok, so I looked up Leo on his myspace as well. I sent him a message figuring I might get a response and I might not but what could it hurt after getting a hundred of those damn form letters from Sirius. I got home today from work and had a new message from Leo, here it is...

----------
    My message

Leo,

Are we going to see any changes to the rotation? Were tired of hearing songs like "Homecoming" or "Announcement" 6 times a day. All the songs in The Brigade survey are waay over played.
    Please tell me were going to see a change with you as Director of Programming?

-------
    His reply

It's goin down homie!! gradual progression, but it's goin down!

-------

Short and to the point! I think that pretty much sums it up and we are already beginning to see the changes, I can only assume its going to get better.

Guru
    02-10-2009, 09:00 PM #44
    Sweet. I got more from Leo's reply than any of those form letters. Good sign.

Ha, Announcement, enough already.

Thanks for the post.

I'll send one in support.

Guru
    02-16-2009, 10:27 PM #45
    Got my survey and there was only one song that I hadn't heard before, rated them all pretty much "Tired of hearing". But to keep from getting booted I said I liked a couple and was getting tired of them (they said that some surveys will be tossed if they don't seem legit)

It was good to see the questions changed after the music ratings. It asked which Mix show I listened to.

I left a nice long message summing up this thread and I added I hope Leo G. makes some changes in programming to include the items mentioned above from his myspace page.

Damn, I hope tomorrow turns out good (refinancing news). I really want to get the XMP3 so I can record those mix shows but if they steal my investment I don't anticipate dropping 5 bones on that plus the sub.
    Last edited by imromo24; 02-16-2009 at 10:29 PM.

02-17-2009, 06:36 PM #46
    They've definentaly added some new songs to the rotation. Problem is, their starting to spin 4,5,6 times a day like the songs their replacing, and thats not what we want. I did like seeing the new question in the survey, as well. It shows they are listening to the brigade surveys or they wouldn't take the time to add new questions, atleast thats how I see it. Yeah, recording the mixshows is a real good idea, their are some good DJs that play to late for me on the east coast that I would love to hear.

Guru
    02-18-2009, 11:24 PM #47
    weird, I got another survey today. It had a new question, which was a good one, it asked what kind of content (like artist takeovers and live performances) Id like more of. It got me thinking, the best thing about sirius xm is that its national, so if it does some exclusive content they only have to "pay" the artist one time. Where as FM has to make the artist travel all over the country to make appearances. So, here is my answer to the new question:

I love to hear the Artists come on and be themselves, getting to talk uncut and raw. Some of the interviews with celebrities make it very personal like the celebrity is hanging out with us, rather than promoting something. When the artists guest appear on FM channels its very commercial and like they are being guided by their labels. Where as on Hip hop nation its like they called in because they were listening.

Hip Hop Nation is a great concept because these rare Artist Takeovers or album drops can be heard across the nation, whereas, if FM did it, then it would only be local. Hip Hop Nation has a great opportunity to do this exclusives and should promote it as such.

Exclusives are what makes this worth the subscription. Repetitive mainstream music can be heard on an ipod or on FM radio. DJ mixshows are personal, and special for the subscriber, like an exclusive club.

Add more Exclusive content and reduce the mainstream repetition. I believe the Heat and 20 on 20 and sirius hits one is the place for the mainstream repetition.

02-18-2009, 11:45 PM #48
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    weird, I got another survey today. ]
    Yeah so did I. What i'm thinking is, since Dion told me their weekly meeting for HHN is Tuesday they may start sending out a weekly survey on wednesday, possibly? If so, I think this would be good news because they would be updating the rotation on a weekly basis.

Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    Hip Hop Nation is a great concept because these rare Artist Takeovers or album drops can be heard across the nation, whereas, if FM did it, then it would only be local. Hip Hop Nation has a great opportunity to do this exclusives and should promote it as such.

Exclusives are what makes this worth the subscription. Repetitive mainstream music can be heard on an ipod or on FM radio. DJ mixshows are personal, and special for the subscriber, like an exclusive club.

Add more Exclusive content and reduce the mainstream repetition. I believe the Heat and 20 on 20 and sirius hits one is the place for the mainstream repetition.
    Couldn't be more right! Hopefully, their are many many more HHN listeners out there telling them the same thing we are in these surveys. If even a small percantage make points clear to them like you did above it will make a difference. Hey, I haven't heard Homecoming or Announcement in a few days now, so things are looking up in some areas!

Guru
    02-19-2009, 07:38 AM #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Power Trip View Post
    Hey, I haven't heard Homecoming or Announcement in a few days now, so things are looking up in some areas!
    So true, funny (maybe actually sad) but true.

02-24-2009, 06:47 PM #50
    Romo, did you get a new survey today? Got home and had a new survey in the inbox. Maybe this confirms they are sending out weekly surveys now, if you got one also.

Page 5 of 14 ... 34567 ...