Page 3 of 3 123
    12-24-2008, 12:08 PM #21

Hmmmm

Thanks for the welcome.
    I just had a lot on my chest.

I have Buy Limit orders ON SIRI at every half point below .11 til .08 at $500.00 per.
    My Avg PPS is .2112 I am trying to get to .1375 without having to justify the funny debits to my wife. She'd flip if she knew the depth of our "commitment". Anyhoo I have no qualms if SIRI goes south. That would suck but risk is risk. We'd never get anywhere if there were no risk involved.
    Also I never short a stock. Personally and for simple reasoning I consider shorting just a legalized form of theft. Many people have no problems with shorting a stock and I respect that point of view.

If I may.
    Would you take a twenty from a blind man if he's buying a dollars worth of nails?
    Every investor is "Blind" as we have very little insight to the motives of a Board of Dirs. We stockholders all expect to have a voice in the boardroom but the truth is we have very little control over the motivations of a Board of Dirs.

So when I see 100 SIRI common traded at .12 and knowing that such a small block can only be at a loss to the seller I can only conclude that the seller is trying to gain an advantage.
    I wont go into a lesson on Market manipulation as the internet has a plethora of information on this topic but the market for SIRI has acquired a substantial number of people who seem to think that scraping profit from the downtick is preferable to profiting from the uptick of SIRI stock.

I'm all for profit.
    I just sleep better knowing that I didn't contribute to the demise of a company.

Addict
    12-24-2008, 12:38 PM #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunga Din View Post
    Thanks for the welcome.
    I just had a lot on my chest.

I have Buy Limit orders ON SIRI at every half point below .11 til .08 at $500.00 per.
    My Avg PPS is .2112 I am trying to get to .1375 without having to justify the funny debits to my wife. She'd flip if she knew the depth of our "commitment". Anyhoo I have no qualms if SIRI goes south. That would suck but risk is risk. We'd never get anywhere if there were no risk involved.
    Also I never short a stock. Personally and for simple reasoning I consider shorting just a legalized form of theft. Many people have no problems with shorting a stock and I respect that point of view.

If I may.
    Would you take a twenty from a blind man if he's buying a dollars worth of nails?
    Every investor is "Blind" as we have very little insight to the motives of a Board of Dirs. We stockholders all expect to have a voice in the boardroom but the truth is we have very little control over the motivations of a Board of Dirs.

So when I see 100 SIRI common traded at .12 and knowing that such a small block can only be at a loss to the seller I can only conclude that the seller is trying to gain an advantage.
    I wont go into a lesson on Market manipulation as the internet has a plethora of information on this topic but the market for SIRI has acquired a substantial number of people who seem to think that scraping profit from the downtick is preferable to profiting from the uptick of SIRI stock.

I'm all for profit.
    I just sleep better knowing that I didn't contribute to the demise of a company.
    Interesting... For me, if shorting a stock is what it takes to make money, so be it. Greed and fear are the only feelings allowed in Wall Street.

Guru
    12-24-2008, 03:11 PM #23
    uptick rule plz obama

12-24-2008, 05:37 PM #24

Greed works

I rate my greed level as being below average. Fear comes into play when the losses overcome greed. So I never put in more than I'm willing to lose. What is the point of DD if I am willing to throw money into a shredder. SIRI is nothing more to me than a position. I use an arbitrary 90 day sliding window on a given stock and whether it pops or drops makes no difference to me. I close win or lose. My goal is a meager 5pct return. I bought in mid November and will sell off two weeks into January. My thoughts are that the call on the Feb debt will have surfaced and either SIRI will respond in my favor or I lose. The presumption are that momentum will increase right after the announcement on the debt. A lot of people have a lot riding in SIRI and will wait to hear that news.

Addict
    12-24-2008, 07:55 PM #25
    I rate my greed level as being below average. Fear comes into play when the losses overcome greed. So I never put in more than I'm willing to lose. What is the point of DD if I am willing to throw money into a shredder. SIRI is nothing more to me than a position. I use an arbitrary 90 day sliding window on a given stock and whether it pops or drops makes no difference to me. I close win or lose. My goal is a meager 5pct return. I bought in mid November and will sell off two weeks into January. My thoughts are that the call on the Feb debt will have surfaced and either SIRI will respond in my favor or I lose. The presumption are that momentum will increase right after the announcement on the debt. A lot of people have a lot riding in SIRI and will wait to hear that news.
    You are a person with a sound strategy. Like I said before, you are either a bull or a bear but NOT a hog. If you win, you win, if you lose, you lose but you do not stay in the middle. You are a bull though... bulls have been getting slaugthered lately, hopefully you have been making money.

Guru
    12-24-2008, 08:02 PM #26
    you are either a lion a chimpanzee or a turtois, cant be all at the same time nor only 1 at a time, as wisdom unfolds, so will the mighty dragon.

12-25-2008, 12:43 AM #27

What a Shame

Go find the Fall 2006 issue of Equities magazine and read the article starting on page 1, in "The Cutting Room Floor" section titled "Oooo, that smell..." The article jumps to page 57, where the reader will find these gems about the nature of naked shorting, which is among SIRI's problems: "Regulators are permitting priviledged insiders to sell and not deliver shares which do not exist to Mr. and Mrs. America ... Regulators also turn a blind eye to issuance of new toxic convertables ... This is also called death spiral financing ... Hedge funds can drive the price of convertable stocks down and cover their naked short with shares later issued from their toxic convertables ... Naturally this destroys the prospects of all present and future common holders."

In multiple previous posts I said that I would not buy any more shares of SIRI until the shareholders meeting and possibly not until the February debt gets handled. Now the shareholders meeting has come and gone. I voted yes to the RS but no to allow issuance of more shares. Of course all measures desired by Sirius XM passed and it seems that dilution is on the horizon.

To those considering averaging down more, think twice. I am.

My plan is adjusted. Now I will just hold, not buy to average down more after doing so several times.

Live and learn.

Guru
    12-25-2008, 01:54 AM #28
    ......The fact that the stock is trading so low is that too many shareholders cave to the pressure of losing. Stop selling your shares and the price will rise. Every share sold below the last close is a loss for all of us.
    Those are the wisest words one could speak! Congrats!!

Page 3 of 3 123