Page 3 of 17 1234513 ...
    12-16-2008, 12:27 PM #21
    I hate that $4 rule for scottrade! I tried to put money in to buy it at .29 about month and a half ago and i could have avg. down and sold that next day at .40 and be up but I had to wait those few days...which mad me miss the pop

Enthusiast
    12-16-2008, 01:15 PM #22
    WELL SHIOT!! is this dog shite stock ever gonna do something

I took it off my stock screen just so I didnt have to look at it..
    bush is going to speak wed about bailout we may get a huge spike to .16!!

Mentor
    12-16-2008, 01:17 PM #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    I just made a deposit today to my Scottrade acount. Cannot buy a security under $4 for 3 days, which puts me able to trade as of Friday (the day after the meeting). I want to have cash available just in case...

Welcome back Demian!
    Newman and Stang302,

Listen, you can buy SIRI the next day after a deposit into Scottrade....

Do not deposit money through their online "Money Direct" service, as there are extra hold times with that. Drop off a check, money order, or cashiers check at the office and they will overnight it to their main office for free. You can then buy SIRI the next day. You must have a margin account to do this, I believe. I think you only need $2000 or so in your account to have a margin account. If you have a margin account, you also don't have to wait for clearing when buying and selling.

Scottrade is not my favorite broker. They have their pluses and minuses. Think or Swim has a lot going for them, but may not be the best for everyone. NEVER EVER even consider Sharebuilder, unless you are a kid who wants to buy a portion of a share of GOOG or AAPL with paper route money. IF you are an active trader, IBD is the cheapest. Think or Swim will match any other brokers rates, except for IBD. Be aware that IBD charges you for the data feeds, but it still comes out cheaper if you are an active trader. Customer Service is not so hot at IBD. Etrade and TD seem overpriced.....

Some of the discount brokers like Zecco suck, because of the restrictions and lack of features. You need to be able to trade in the pre-market and AH! Even Scottrade limits their extended hours trading. Scottrade is missing some other features too, like some order types - "Buy at Open" and "Sell at Close" etc. With Scottrade it's impossible to get those cheap SIRI prices when it tanks right at the close.....
    Last edited by Demian; 12-16-2008 at 01:45 PM.

Mentor
    12-16-2008, 01:39 PM #24
    Yeah, I could drop off a check, but Im really not interested in buying before the meeting. I want to be able to digest the information and buy if I see fit. Friday is good for me.

I cancled my margin account so that Scottrade could not loan my shares to be shorted. Not like naked shorts actually borrow before hand, but still, why add fuel to the fire when it can hurt the company that I am invested in?

Guru
    12-16-2008, 02:25 PM #25
    non margin account as well, the shorts can go to hell,they have made enough off this stock already

Mentor
    12-16-2008, 03:15 PM #26
    It looks like .14 is holding.......whenever it touches .14 the buyers show up.

I have thought that .14 is the line in the sand, but I could always be wrong.....

No real news to report....

Pray that no one hears any more secret messages from XM and goes on any more murderous rampages....

Mentor
    12-16-2008, 03:18 PM #27
    http://holidays.canoe.ca/Features/20...756801-ca.html

Satellite on the go
    By Jesse Michaels, Senior Money Editor

Rejoice satellite radio fans, now that XM & Sirius are under the same roof. Of course, now that you have access to the best of both worlds, it would only be natural to take it with you and listen on the go.

Enter the Pioneer XMp3 portable satellite radio, the company’s successor to its first attempt at portability – The Inno, introduced in 2006. The Inno paved the way for portable satellite radios and the XMp3 improves on it in all aspects.

The XMp3 weighs in at a paltry 91 grams and sits comfortably in your hand. Outside of a stubby antenna on the top, it looks and feels very much like the current crop of MP3 players. On the same note, if you can navigate your way around an iPod or similar, you should have little to no trouble getting and using the XMp3.

It took me a couple of attempts to get the player registered so I could start listening but after a quick call to the customer support line, the XMp3 was in business. I was able to get decent reception in my condo (otherwise known as the reception hall of shame) and reception elsewhere in and around downtown Toronto where I tested it was flawless. If you do find yourself with bad reception, Pioneer includes an external antenna dock in the box that will hopefully improve your signal.

In addition to regular playback, the XMp3 is also capable of recording whatever you are listening to, thanks to an included microSD card slot that can take up to 8GB of additional memory. To record, you simply press down on the scroll wheel to bring up the recording options. You can also schedule recordings in advance.

Of course one of the most important issues with portable music devices is battery life and the XMp3 is no slouch in that department. Pioneer claims that the device can get 4 hours of listening to live music before needing a charge. My tests produced a similar result.

Bottom line: The Pioneer XMp3 would make a great gift for folks who live by satellite radio or those who want more functionality and choice than a regular MP3 player/radio. Best of all, it won’t break Santa’s bank!

Mentor
    12-16-2008, 03:34 PM #28
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Fed-cu...-13846723.html

Fed cuts target for key rate to record low
    Fed cuts target for key interest rate to record low, pledges to use all available tools
    Tuesday December 16, 2008, 2:26 pm EST

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Federal Reserve has cut its target for a key interest rate to the lowest level on record and pledged to use "all available tools" to combat a severe financial crisis and prolonged recession.

The central bank says it reduced the federal funds rate, the interest that banks charge each other, to a range of zero to 0.25 percent. That is down from the 1 percent target rate in effect since the last meeting in October.

Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke and his colleagues also pledged to use "all available tools" as they struggle to contain a financial crisis that is the worst since the 1930s and a recession that is already the longest in a quarter-century.

Guru
    12-16-2008, 03:42 PM #29
    is this sucker gonna do anything today or is it another down day on an overall upday.

Mentor
    12-16-2008, 03:46 PM #30
    SIRI did nothing on the rate cut announcement.....

Be happy that .14 is holding thus far....

Page 3 of 17 1234513 ...